Ravenhull

Two questions regarding 'Force' points

Is there any sign of being able to easily 'recharge' used Force points?  I see that Luke can regen one if he's attacked, and he starts with two.  But what about in general?  Both Ezra and The Emperor have only a single point, which would mean that their abilities are one use only, which would make those abilities very weak.  And yes, there might be an upgrade to do it, but that would be a slot used.

Secondly, does anybody wonder if we might see some surprise pilots with a single available Force point?  That is, characters that are unknowingly Force sensitive, but sometimes subconsciously use The Force.  If, and that's a huge if, they do this, I would want it to be something extremely rare, and pretty much restricted to them being able to use the base ability, unable to use Force upgrades.

All force users recharge one force point in the End Phase step, up to their maximum limit. 

At the moment, the only Force Users we are aware of are:

Luke (pilot and Crew)
Vader (Pilot and Crew)
Grand Inquisitor
Mini Inquisitor
Palpatine

Beyond that, it's anyone's guess. I mean, Leia could have a Force charge for all we know. . 

2 hours ago, Viktus106 said:

All force users recharge one force point in the End Phase step, up to their maximum limit. 

Luke (pilot and Crew)
Vader (Pilot and Crew)
Grand Inquisitor
Mini Inquisitor
Palpatine

Beyond that, it's anyone's guess. I mean, Leia could have a Force charge for all we know. . 

Ezra also (in sheathipede and TIE/ln).

Edited by bernh

We don't actually know if crew are technically force users or if they turn their pilots into force users for gameplay purposes

Important because force users regrn a force per round, but if you stack force crew atop force pilots you could potentially break the system

Edited by ficklegreendice

I don't think we have any indication that ALL Force users regenerate their Force token. 

I suspect that the little upwards pointing arrowhead on Luke, Palp and Vader (for example--not sure if we know of any others yet) pilot and crew cards tells you they regenerate Force at the end of the round. 

I feel like it was mentioned somewhere that the generic Inquisitors don't have this. 

7 minutes ago, BrotherFett said:

I remember hearing in one of the streams that force user crews still have force capabilities that their pilots can benefit from but their force token amount is reduced. Vader pilot might be 3 force charges, but vader crew is 1.  

I look at it this way: Luke, Vader and Palp crew all only have 1 Force capacity because that is the mechanism by which they are restricted to one use per turn. (Thus you don't need a Palp token on the board to "spend" to help you remember if you've used him yet this round.) And so far, all three of those crew cards have the up arrow, indicating they regenerate at the end of round, and are thus ready to go for their once-per-round use next time. 

Its purely a mechanic. It says nothing about their thematic strength in the Force. It just is the way to get around saying "Once per [timeframe]" which further clutters the text box on the card and creates an underlying "must mentally keep track of this" state. 

Some Padawan crew card could have a three Force capacity that does not do anything especially powerful and does not regenerate. That number has nothing to do with thematic strength in the Force. Whinging about Palp only having 1 Force capacity misses the point of the designed mechanic. 

24 minutes ago, Dwing said:

Soontir and Carnor are also forceusers right? 

Soontir might be overlooked, afterall they did not give Maarek Stele any either and he was a more prominent force user than Soontir Fel. I hope they give at least all Royal Guards a force point and Carnor and Kir Kanos a few more tricks. 

Thinking about it. Shouldn't we riot about their mistake on Stele? How could they forget to give him force powers?

Edited by SEApocalypse

50 minutes ago, SEApocalypse said:

Thinking about it. Shouldn't we riot about their mistake on Stele? How could they forget to give him force powers?

Remember, the little subtext under each pilot name is there in part to distinguish between different versions of that pilot. So it’s possible that down the line they will release “Maarek Steele: Emperor’s hand” with force abilities. 

No need to riot... yet. ;)

3 hours ago, Viktus106 said:

Luke (pilot and Crew)
Vader (Pilot and Crew)
Grand Inquisitor
Mini Inquisitor
Palpatine

If Asajj isn't one as well, I'll eat my Lancer.

1 hour ago, ImperialOfficer said:

Any information on this one? 

during the worlds stream of 2.0 they said the inquisitors tie will have 4 pilots

the inquisitor

seventh sister

baron of the empire

generic inquisitor

and that the 2 first mentioned will habe forcepowers as well as the lowest one. 

11 minutes ago, Taiowaa said:

during the worlds stream of 2.0 they said the inquisitors tie will have 4 pilots

the inquisitor

seventh sister

baron of the empire

generic inquisitor

and that the 2 first mentioned will habe forcepowers as well as the lowest one. 

Cool thanks.  So much information "flying" around that I missed that one.  

15 minutes ago, __underscore__ said:

swz01_a1_evade_diagram.jpg

See that little arrow next to the 2 on the Force stat? That means it regens one a turn. Same notation goes for normal charges as well.

Have you seen cards with Charge capacities that I have the little arrow?? That would be news to me. I've been expecting to see an unrevealed card that allows recharging. 

On another point, it occurs to me that the little arrow signifying 1 recharge at end of round...allows the design space for multiple arrows signifying multiple recharges. Although Force-wise, if they haven't done that for Vader or Luke, not sure who would be a better option. 

(Eagerly envisioning Obi-Wan and Yoda crew ideas...)

10 minutes ago, PaulTiberius said:

Have you seen cards with Charge capacities that I have the little arrow??

I feel like I have, but I can't find one now so it might've just been something they described verbally on a video. But any 'once per round' effect would work that way.