Themodalnodes

The Modal Nodes Cantina - Rebel Desert Veterans & Mimban Table Progress

18 hours ago, hemblecreations said:

fantastic looking conversion mate and those scenery pieces look awesome.

Thanks man! means a lot. More conversions and scenery coming real soon.

Working on a raised Jedha plaza house at the moment, and some converted Rebels & biker scouts (inspired by yours!) :)

Next off the conversion table is another portion of Core Set troops.

Scarif Reinforcements

Needed more Rebels for a full force, and had to give the squad a bit of variety.
A few stance changes, head swaps, and wanted them to have some more gear, so Goggles, pack Rolls and Thermal Detonators all round!
Plus my previously shown Commando Gamorrean

IMG8263.jpgIMG8264.jpg

Survivors of Jedha - Long Range Scouts

The grizzled veterans & survivors of the Jedha "mining accident" needed some long-range brethren.
Inspired by @hemblecreations amazingly converted biker scouts I had to give some dynamic poses a go.
The directional vanes on the bikes were flipped around & "lashed together" for a more used feel, and pack rolls were added where possible (to match my AT-ST from earlier)

Trooper 1 received an almost complete remodel into the "scouting" position, stalling his bike to survey the surrounds from a Jedha cliff-side with his trusted sniper rifle in tow.
Trooper 2 was given a simpler stance overhaul to look a little fiercer.

Onto the painting table!

IMG8265.jpgIMG8266.jpgIMG8267.jpgIMG8268.jpg

IMG8272.jpg

On Sunday, July 08, 2018 at 8:09 PM, Themodalnodes said:

Imperial Garrison Shield Generator

IMG8174.jpg

I see you've stolen my idea for Bubbletape generators! Looks great! 

(In all fairness, I don't know if you saw mine or not. I first thought up the idea back in the 90s when those packages first started being made, but that doesn't mean I'm the only one who thought of it.)

I love your other terrain. In fact, you've given me some ideas! 

9 hours ago, Albertese said:

I see you've stolen my idea for Bubbletape generators! Looks great! 

(In all fairness, I don't know if you saw mine or not. I first thought up the idea back in the 90s when those packages first started being made, but that doesn't mean I'm the only one who thought of it.)

I love your other terrain. In fact, you've given me some ideas! 

Thanks a lot!

I saw it in the Legion terrain Facebook group where quite a few people were emulating it.
Not sure if you've posted it there or not, but if so then possibly haha.

On 7/19/2018 at 11:21 AM, Themodalnodes said:

IMG8265.jpg

This is aaaaaawesome - a great homage to hemble's parked biker that inspired it, yet with its own original aspects. 

Consequently, I'm now inspired to do a parked conversion (since I couldn't resist buying a 3rd core when I saw it on sale). 

Since I plan my bikes to be Endor themed, I'll do mine perched atop a hollowed fallen log. I'm so impressed how you maintained the "standard" height for the model, but still have it parked at ground level. 

Edited by Lost Pharaoh

2 hours ago, Lost Pharaoh said:

This is aaaaaawesome - a great homage to hemble's parked biker that inspired it, yet with its own original aspects. 

Consequently, I'm now inspired to do a parked conversion (since I couldn't resist buying a 3rd core when I saw it on sale). 

Since I plan my bikes to be Endor themed, I'll do mine perched atop a hollowed fallen log. I'm so impressed how you maintained the "standard" height for the model, but still have it parked at ground level. 

Thanks so much! That means a lot!

Yeah I'm super happy with how the basing height turned out. I had known i wanted a 'outcrop' looking base, but it wasn't until fiddling with the cork that I realised I could easily keep it as normal height and not sacrifice any playability.

Make sure you do and tag me! Would love to see it. 

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 1:21 PM, Themodalnodes said:

Next off the conversion table is another portion of Core Set troops.

Scarif Reinforcements

Needed more Rebels for a full force, and had to give the squad a bit of variety.
A few stance changes, head swaps, and wanted them to have some more gear, so Goggles, pack Rolls and Thermal Detonators all round!
Plus my previously shown Commando Gamorrean

IMG8263.jpgIMG8264.jpg

Survivors of Jedha - Long Range Scouts

The grizzled veterans & survivors of the Jedha "mining accident" needed some long-range brethren.
Inspired by @hemblecreations amazingly converted biker scouts I had to give some dynamic poses a go.
The directional vanes on the bikes were flipped around & "lashed together" for a more used feel, and pack rolls were added where possible (to match my AT-ST from earlier)

Trooper 1 received an almost complete remodel into the "scouting" position, stalling his bike to survey the surrounds from a Jedha cliff-side with his trusted sniper rifle in tow.
Trooper 2 was given a simpler stance overhaul to look a little fiercer.

Onto the painting table!

IMG8265.jpgIMG8266.jpgIMG8267.jpgIMG8268.jpg

IMG8272.jpg

Mate I'm stoked that you got inspiration from my scouts but **** yours are way more amazing and I can't wait to see them painted up.

Ron 

Wow! Just wow! These miniatures look stunning! You really have done an excellent job at converting these figures. I can't wait to see them painted. :D

I've only got one question: Where did you get all of the alien heads? I'm particularly curious about that Gamorrean head on the Scariff trooper. If you could post the link to the site from where you got the heads, I would very much appreciate it.

Cheers! Keep up the good work!

On 7/21/2018 at 10:57 AM, Siegfried 2700 said:

Wow! Just wow! These miniatures look stunning! You really have done an excellent job at converting these figures. I can't wait to see them painted. :D

I've only got one question: Where did you get all of the alien heads? I'm particularly curious about that Gamorrean head on the Scariff trooper. If you could post the link to the site from where you got the heads, I would very much appreciate it.

Cheers! Keep up the good work!

Thanks a lot!
The majority of the alien heads are order from Shapeways, a 3D printing store, from Mel's Minatures amazing range.
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/mel_miniatures?section=Legion+Units&s=0

The Gamorrean was actually given to me by a mate, so I have no idea where it came from sorry!

The completed squad of (mostly) converted Scarif Rebels, led by Cassian Andor.
Ready to assault the Landing Pad!

The fatigue colour scheme was inspired by the Rebel outfits for Yavin IV in Battlefront 2.

Progress shots of the sculpting on these guys can be seen above.

IMG8347.jpg

Cassian is from the amazing Skull Forge Studios on Shapeways.
Final pics of my alt Leia sculpt to come!

Was in a bit of a completion-ist mood on the weekend (despite having a pile of terrain to work on) and started and finished the Heavy Reinforcements for the Scarif troops above - the Jungle Airspeeder.

Nothing special modification/customisation-wise, but was quite happy with the finished paint job.

Scarif Jungle Airspeeder

IMG8362.jpgIMG8359.jpgIMG8357.jpg

One of the better air speeder paint jobs I've seen, my only comment is that I would have preferred to see the firing lines on the bases, doesn't look as good as your bases, but would prevent that guy from complaining about the lines.

4 hours ago, Bohemian73 said:

One of the better air speeder paint jobs I've seen, my only comment is that I would have preferred to see the firing lines on the bases, doesn't look as good as your bases, but would prevent that guy from complaining about the lines.

Thanks, I did think about it, but figured I'd rather go for a better final overall look as I'll rarely be playing competitively .
The orange line you can see visible on the base is Florists wire glued into the Firing Arc groove, bent 90 degrees down over the edge and glued in place, so with an initial inspection it's clear that they accurately mark the arc's.
In all probability I doubt the Airspeeder (or myself) will see competitive play though haha