Autosketch

Creating Interceptor art: "Targets of Opportunity" (Updated with Art Card)

On May 8, 2018 at 9:11 PM, citruscannon said:

ok, I'm letting fel wait overnight so I can look at it fresh tomorrow before I fix the cloud and call it done.
This was a pretty popular thread, so I'll start a new one. How's about a B-wing.

Do you think you could do some Bomber art? We might be needing lots of great shots for potential pilots like Tomax, and I'm certain that Deathfire's ability provides inspiration for amazing work! Like maybe they're in a real tight spot.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Do you think you could do some Bomber art? We might be needing lots of great shots for potential pilots like Tomax, and I'm certain that Deathfire's ability provides inspiration for amazing work! Like maybe they're in a real tight spot.

I did one of Rhymer a few months back, although I won't be able to do it up as a card or post the high-res because it was done for someone's gift.

peter-holmes-rhymerfull.jpg?1514743758

Guys! Guys! Settle down. I feel obliged to point out that this is a thread for @citruscannon to share his work for us, not a request thread. This one card took him 2 weeks to make. Nobody is paying him to do it, and nobody is making him share it with us for free. He’s doing it because he wanted to. And from the sounds of it, he already has several more projects lined up that he wants to do. 

Offering suggestions on projects that he is already undertaking is one thing, but making requests is another thing. Artwork (especially artwork like this) is 10% Art and 90% Work. How about we show gratitude for the artwork he chooses to share with us, and leave it at that? Or, if there is something you really want him to make, then maybe PM him and ask what his commission rates are. ;)

Speaking of which, @citruscannon how much are your commission rates? (I would PM you, but for some reason I’ve never been able to send or receive PMs with my account and when I emailed support they never responded. If you’d rather not discuss it publicly, let me know and I’ll get you my email address)

Edited by Herowannabe

11 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

Guys! Guys! Settle down. I feel obliged to point out that this is a thread for @citruscannon to share his work for us, not a request thread. This one card took him 2 weeks to make. Nobody is paying him to do it, and nobody is making him share it with us for free. He’s doing it because he wanted to. And from the sounds of it, he already has several more projects lined up that he wants to do. 

Offering suggestions on projects that he is already undertaking is one thing, but making requests is another thing. Artwork (especially artwork like this) is 10% Art and 90% Work. How about we show gratitude for the artwork he chooses to share with us, and leave it at that? Or, if there is something you really want him to make, then maybe PM him and ask what his commission rates are. ;)

Speaking of which, @citruscannon how much are your commission rates? (I would PM you, but for some reason I’ve never been able to send or receive PMs with my account and when I emailed support they never responded. If you’d rather not discuss it publicly, let me know and I’ll get you my email address)

Or you can just PM him to gush about his art.... like... I did earlier today...

Also, I am curious. Is your alternate template somehow available for cards?

Edited by That One Guy

11 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

That's very kind, however at the moment I'm not able to take on any work. I've got a street art show I'm prepping for in July and about 10 pieces I have to finish before then (planes and landscapes etc.). For the moment, it's nice to be able to work on a few free projects when I need a break from watercolour and gouache :).

Hey @citruscannon, I just wanted to follow up on this- do you have a *final, ready-to be printed version of this card as well as 2.0 versions of the other cards you've been working on yet? Second edition drops in less than a month and I was hoping to get some of these printed up to use for a release party. If not, no worries, it's not like you're getting paid to do this or anything and I'm sure you're busy, but I figured I'd at least check and see. :)

*(Note, if you haven't finalized your 2.0 card design yet, I would suggest changing the glow-effect around the action icons in the bottom right into a color other than red, now that red actions are a thing). 

On 8/21/2018 at 5:18 PM, Herowannabe said:

Hey @citruscannon, I just wanted to follow up on this- do you have a *final, ready-to be printed version of this card as well as 2.0 versions of the other cards you've been working on yet? Second edition drops in less than a month and I was hoping to get some of these printed up to use for a release party. If not, no worries, it's not like you're getting paid to do this or anything and I'm sure you're busy, but I figured I'd at least check and see. :)

*(Note, if you haven't finalized your 2.0 card design yet, I would suggest changing the glow-effect around the action icons in the bottom right into a color other than red, now that red actions are a thing). 

Hey! no problem, unfortunately I don't at the moment, I have been working through other artsy commitments for the last while. I've had a B-wing and this interface burning a hole through my desktop whilst I've been working through other work.

I had a look at it again and I think there are a number of amendments I'd want to make, based on having tried out a few 2.0 games, and based on having more info about what's important to think about (e.g. linked actions for example), so you're absolutely right.

I was trying out some ideas on the plane today, I think having these refitted for release sounds like a great idea and I'll do my best.

On 8/21/2018 at 5:45 PM, HolySorcerer said:

I  love everything about this except for the two unused stat slots.  Definitely an alt art I would pay money for.

Yea, it was an idea for a universal card but it's been bugging me too, I'm trying out different configurations to come up with something that is both universal but also doesn't sacrifice visual look. 

-P

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:23 PM, Autosketch said:

5RrEW8z.jpg

Looks great and the steps showing how much effort it took are greatly appreciated. I find myself wondering though, why in the heck does the top left one still have its radiator panels? That is a sound barrier shockwave it has forming on it and the radiators don't look to have sufficient bracing to handle the transition. Meh, still beautifully drawn and colored.

Edited by Hiemfire

2 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Looks great and the steps showing how much effort it took are greatly appreciated. I find myself wondering though, why in the heck does the top left one still have its radiator panels? That is a sound barrier shockwave it has forming on it and the radiators don't look to have sufficient bracing to handle the transition. Meh, still beautifully drawn and colored.

great point. fancy super metals?

The interceptor is given a canon speed much greater than mach speed in atmosphere, and the comics have them fighting in atmosphere all the time. Above my pay grade, :P

13 minutes ago, Autosketch said:

great point. fancy super metals?

The interceptor is given a canon speed much greater than mach speed in atmosphere, and the comics have them fighting in atmosphere all the time. Above my pay grade, :P

Its canon atmospheric speed is just above Mach 1 (1,235 km/h is Mach 1, TIE/IN tops out in canon at 1,250km/h). So you're artwork is beautifully reflective of the in universe statistics. :)

Just double checked. The speed of sound is density dependent. The 1,235 km/h I quoted above is a 20 deg C (roughly 68 F). At 0 deg C (32 F)it is 1,192km/h. So on Hoth it might have a fair bit of trouble yet on Kasshyk it would have less so.

Edited by Hiemfire
Personal quirk. :)

1 minute ago, Hiemfire said:

Its canon atmospheric speed is just above Mach 1 (1,235 km/h is Mach 1, TIE/IN tops out in canon at 1,250km/h). So you're artwork is beautifully reflective of the in universe statistics. :)

had mph in my notes, so I was off, but glad it's still accurate!
-P

Just now, Biophysical said:

Why did your name switch from @citruscannon to @Autosketch?

I had 4 different usernames I was using across 4 different platforms, (citruscannon, oiler, oilerx7, citrus7), as each was set up at different times, so I've been trying to rope them all into one username for a little clarity, I asked to have my name switched here, which now makes it the same as reddit, and after that art station as well. 

-P