Autosketch

Creating Interceptor art: "Targets of Opportunity" (Updated with Art Card)

1 hour ago, Jo Jo said:

So where can I buy a print?

1 hour ago, nikk whyte said:

Seconded on the print buying. 

58 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

Yep, me too.

Very flattered! I can't coordinate prints because I'm not a licensed lucasfilm artist, but I'll make sure to post up the piece in the highest res I can when I'm done. Staples might be a good place to try

On a separate note, did a rough mockup of what the card might look like. I have to fiddle with the interface a bit, but you get the gist.

s1epVsR.jpg

It looks like the new format has action icons down the right side for easy reference, even on the alt-art cards:

op18xu_card_altart2.png

of course, it’s your design, you don’t have to do it that way, but it looks like that’s the standard on all official pilot/upgrade cards. 

Just now, citruscannon said:

Very flattered! I can't coordinate prints because I'm not a licensed lucasfilm artist, but I'll make sure to post up the piece in the highest res I can when I'm done. Staples might be a good place to try

On a separate note, did a rough mockup of what the card might look like. I have to fiddle with the interface a bit, but you get the gist.

s1epVsR.jpg

Absolutely stunning! To bad I am a Rebel/S&V player.

Do you plan on doing any art for other factions in the near to distant future? 

19 minutes ago, Covered in Weasels said:

This went right into my desktop background slideshow. Excellent job!

should be done soon, I know it may look done, there isn't much left to do, just a few bits and pieces here and there :)

2 hours ago, citruscannon said:

s1epVsR.jpg

Stunning! Your design for the card looks 1000% better than anything FFG could do for X-Wing 1.0 and 2.0.

3 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

Beautiful work.  I'd love to have this as a Fel promo.

print instructions can be found on my site, I'd like to have a bunch of cards suitable and ready before 2.0 drops so you can go and get them made yourself at your favourite card printing company without having to get 18 duplicates of the card you want. 

https://citrus7workshop.wordpress.com/downloads/

Edited by citruscannon

2 minutes ago, citruscannon said:

print instructions can be found on my site, I'd like to have a bunch of cards suitable and ready before 2.0 drops so you can go and get them made yourself at your favourite card printing company without having to get 18 duplicates of the card you want. 

https://citrus7workshop.wordpress.com/downloads/

Thanks!  I might just have a go at this for 2.0.  Long live the Interceptor!

15 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

Thanks!  I might just have a go at this for 2.0.  Long live the Interceptor!

yep. 

Next up is a TIE defender ace then 2 TIE interceptor aces, I'll not name them until we find out what other aces come in the packs, but if it's the same as before probably Col. Vessery, Turr Phennir, and (as long as he's got an awesome ability, Fel's Wrath?)

Just now, citruscannon said:

yep. 

Next up is a TIE defender ace then 2 TIE interceptor aces, I'll not name them until we find out what other aces come in the packs, but if it's the same as before probably Col. Vessery, Turr Phennir, and (as long as he's got an awesome ability, Fel's Wrath?)

You have to do Fel's Wrath if for no other reason than to honor his legacy.

Just now, HolySorcerer said:

You have to do Fel's Wrath if for no other reason than to honor his legacy.

Maybe he'll get a new lease on life. It's doable, we made him a beast in the x-wing supremacy mod, he was a blast.

IAs8ij9.jpg

14 minutes ago, AngryAlbatross said:

great stuff! Wish I had tried harder in digital painting class haha!

you can do it! Painting isn't my day job, I'm a scientist, the art is self taught. I bought myself a little wacom intuous draw tablet two years ago and have been practising ever since.
 ctl490w_galleryimage_1_600x600_emea.jpg?h=600&la=en&w=600&hash=27097C0F5D235441CD5FD5F61F5F1EF12C0CCED1

7 minutes ago, GLEXOR said:

No plans for rebel pilots? I would love some alt arts of this caliber of beauty!

I have a couple old sketches for rebel stuff that I will paint, as mentioned above this isn't my dayjob so I do what I can on my free time :)

1 hour ago, HolySorcerer said:

Traitors and terrorists deserve no such recognition. 

paintings of rebels and scum must clearly only be completed by an alter ego.

I have a few speed-sketches that will eventually make their way into full pieces in one form or another, there are some others that haven't seen the light of day yet. I just have to let them ferment long enough until they get really ripe, and then hatch. That's a very technical and scientific description of how art is made. :D

TO0ALTn.png
E70MvEK.png
h2oSU0R.jpg

Edited by citruscannon