Joress

RPG Sessions App

Hey there everyone! I wanted to call out a project a friend and I have been working on, and share it with the community for anyone interested. It's mainly a character sheet and dice roller app, with a play-by-post feature soon on the way. Check it out and feel free to provide any feedback! Thanks!

RPG Sessions

Latest Build:
Version 0.7.5
1/7/19

Edited by Joress
Update Version number

4 minutes ago, TCArknight said:

I like what I see. :) 

I may have to play around a bit, but offhand, I see the character is missing a talent sheet?

Thanks!

We just incorporated Talent sheets (desktop view) with out last update. Mobile view will be coming soon, with some pretty sick UI! Currently, it's located under the Notes section at the very bottom.

3 minutes ago, Joress said:

Thanks!

We just incorporated Talent sheets (desktop view) with out last update. Mobile view will be coming soon, with some pretty sick UI! Currently, it's located under the Notes section at the very bottom.

That’s what it is. I’m looking at it on my iPad. :)

Super fantastic! First I would like to thank you for working on this. It's absolutely gorgeous!

Now for some constructive suggestions. I spent last night putting my rather powerful character on there. The freeform aspect to it is great!

1. (Bug): If you add a talent with the same name, it disappears. There are talents you can take multiple times at higher ranks, and currently I have to change the name to get it to stick. (Example: Grit, then Grit II, Grit III, Grit IV) Maybe keep your anti-redundancy for the same tier, but allow later tears to have repeats.

2. (Suggestion)Terrinoth Inclusion: Heroic Abilities. Currently I just added it to notes. Would be nice if there was an optional section for that. Maybe flick a check box, and it opens up a form for Heroic Abilities.

3. (Suggestion)Magic Actions: If you have ranks in magic skills, maybe have it pop out a segment after talents for these. It could still just be a form with a few sections on it. Action Type (attack, conjure, barrier, etc), Description, and then line items similar to how talents pop up asking you for details where you put the difficulty, quality name, and description. Then it groups those by difficulty next to or below the magic action description. 

-See attachment for an example of what i'm talking about, but just don't include a segment for a picture.

Aldus Spellbook Page 1.pdf

Thanks for the feedback Tedrion! We will definitly look into the bug, and work on updates for the new Terrinoth additions.

The magic popout is a great idea too. We'll have to put that in our backlog and see how to implement it.

Edited by Joress

Looks great!

Minor suggestion: for Genesys/SWRPG dice results, maybe display the cancelled symbols with the symbols themselves, rather than text describing "Advantags, Successes, Threats, Failures" etc.

On 5/30/2018 at 9:40 PM, sfRattan said:

Looks great!

Minor suggestion: for Genesys/SWRPG dice results, maybe display the cancelled symbols with the symbols themselves, rather than text describing "Advantags, Successes, Threats, Failures" etc.

That's an interesting thought. I'm assuming you mean in the results? We do have the symbols being shown on the dice themselves after the roll, but maybe displaying them down in the results could be useful too. Thanks!

Newest Update, 0.6.0!

We've now added Star Wars character sheets, as well as skill dice pool click-to-roll functionality, and other performance improvements.