DXCrazytrain

The fate of your favorite list in 2.0.

My favorite list right now is VI QD and 2 PS4 Silencers. We already know that FCS is different and Autothrusters is gone which calls into question whether the list be recognizable or even possible to build.

My question for you all is, what is your favorite list and what do you think it will look like in 2.0? Have you seen any new cards that affect your favorite list? Are you worried that you won't be able to recreate it.

Alternatively, will you even care about 1.0 lists, or are you eager to see what new combos you can put together with the newly rebalanced ships?

I mean...you have literally no way of knowing what the fate of your list is

unless your favorite list was showcased on stream as darth vader + mini-swarm, or luke + wedge + gold bloke, or boba + wrecker of joy + some fang bloke, or the unreleased Saw's + jek + gray versus unreleased (horribly built) repeaer + steele + mini-swarm

sure we can see cards are nerfed or gone, but without understanding the context of the rest of the game it's kind of impossible to get a clear picture

Edited by ficklegreendice

Maybe a better idea is theory crafting since we don't know what jack is yet.... maybe we come up with what we hope we can put into a list and make it work?

X-Wings with a U-wing support!

The HWK BABY!!!!

Can I keep the YT-2400 viable?  I wanted the turret nerf as much as the next guy... but as a 10 year old venturing into the WEG RPG for the first time - the YT-2400 was transport/home/base of operations... mostly because the HWK was too small :P.

Edited by Cr0aker

4 minutes ago, gennataos said:

If Rey/Poe isn't at least decent when Wave 2 hits, I'll....I don't know.  Be really sad?

I would say she's bound to get a new ability but since she's Res not Reb they could treat her as the "Res Han" effectively.

Innate 2die reroll instead of Han's reroll everything but it isnt a reroll. Most likely have a front 180 requirement though (if not90)

15 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

sure we can see cards are nerfed or gone, but without understanding the context of the rest of the game it's kind of impossible to get a clear picture

This.

It's not at all unusual in this forum for people to be stating that certain ships are good or bad based on almost nothing, but in the case of 2.0 it all feels especially egregious to me.

my list is potentially viable... but won't be anywhere close to what I'm used to.

Wedge - Expertise, IA, Flight Assist

Jan Ors - Adapat, TLT, Nein Numb

Norra - VI, Rey, Flight Assist, title

Wedge will most likely still find a home. Jan's ability will most likely change, and I'll cry.... but I'll get over it if A-Wings are competitive. 

I'm mostly fly Wedge and A-wings. Or Wedge, Corran. 2 aces. bring it on. 

But Luke looks super solid too... 

Edited by Wiredin

39 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

unless your favorite list was showcased on stream as darth vader + mini-swarm, or luke + wedge + gold bloke, or boba + wrecker of joy + some fang bloke, or the unreleased Saw's + jek + gray versus unreleased (horribly built) repeaer + steele + mini-swarm

I guess the people who loved Dash/Poe, Nymiranda, or Quickdraw/Gunboats are probably going to be sad, as those are all going to be flat out impossible to run.

It's really been awhile since I've played. My favorites back in the day were the 4x BTL y-wings, and a Dash with BTL y-wings list. Some variance for different turrets or cannons in the list but that was the core of the ones I had the most fun with.

The Y-wing list may still be possible due to the Veteran Turret Gunner. It doesn't work the same way but it sounds like it's more fun, honestly. And no need for Vectored Thrusters, y-wings have turrets built in! And I can maybe take bombs alongside it (assuming they fit into the cost).

AFAIK, there's been next to nothing shown about the YT-2400. We can assume it's got a mobile firing arc, it's probably got a worse dial than it had, barrel roll is probably red now if it has it, and that's about it, I think (let me know if there's more that's been shown about it).

I think it's fair to say that if your list was dependent on a particular upgrade, those might be drastically different or completely changed.

If you just really enjoyed lists with a particular ship or pilot, you'll likely mostly be okay- with some specific caveats like Jake Farrel.

Edited by Ixidor

6 minutes ago, PhantomFO said:

I guess the people who loved Dash/Poe, Nymiranda, or Quickdraw/Gunboats are probably going to be sad, as those are all going to be flat out impossible to run.

the new Luke looks VERY close to what Poe does now. So you could do Luke/Dash. oh wait. Dash is going to be neutered faster than Bob Barker could recommend it. 

1 minute ago, ficklegreendice said:

Sympathy level: -5000%

QFT. I'm out of likes for the day. #haveanupvote