Sign in to follow this  
RayGuns

How about a No-Ship Core Set option? * Basic 2.0 Upgrade Kit *

I am buying a total of 6 conversion kits.

I do not need 6x sets of all the basic stuff and I don't need the conversion kit cost increased for that.

Also the core set pilots and what not are not in the conversion kits so just look at it as a new expansion for your x-wings and tie fighters... you won't feel bad then as its still cheap for a 3 ship expansion.

I sware people will find a way to complain about anything even things that are better and cheaper for them then what they are asking for.

As for a pure, no ship base kit as the OP suggested i would be ok with that as i have enough x-wing and tie models already.

Edited by Icelom

50 minutes ago, RayGuns said:

That would add to the cost of the Conversion Kits, and that would be bad for those that need to buy more than one of the same Conversion Kit.

I do agree that there should be a cheaper "core set lite" for veteran players with just the 2.0 damage deck, core specific pilot/upgrade cards, maneuver dial/templates. One of the easier ways would be to just package the same core set but without the miniatures. Of course FFG would need to print up some small fliers to cover up the display window that would normally show the ship miniatures. Anything else would require a new package.

Core set has what, two new Rebel and three Imperial pilots plus five upgrades? It wouldn't change any prices. Both Rebel and Imperial kits would still have less cards than the Scum one.

But arguing about it is pointless, yes, it will not happen, FFG already has their budget strategy set up and it involves scamming people on core sets.

6 hours ago, eMeM said:

But arguing about it is pointless, yes, it will not happen, FFG already has their budget strategy set up and it involves scamming people on core sets.

Sad but true.

7 hours ago, Icelom said:

Also the core set pilots and what not are not in the conversion kits so just look at it as a new expansion for your x-wings and tie fighters... you won't feel bad then as its still cheap for a 3 ship expansion.

I have 14 tie fighters (some we’re free and without dials to use for HOTAC, but I still own them). I have 5 x-wings currently, and will have 6 after buying saw’s rebellion.   Looking at it as cheap for a 3 ship expansion doesn’t make me feel much better when it’s 3 ships I don’t need in the slightest. 

Ill still buy it, and the articulated sfoils are nice, but..

Well, I just wanted to confirm that the 2nd edition core set was needed before I made my pre-order - and it is, due to the:

2nd edition new damage deck.

Unique pilots and upgrades not found in the 2nd edition Conversion Kits. 

(templates are also only there, but I will get acrylics). 

So just ordered:

1 2nd edition core set

2 rebel conversion kits

2 empire conversion kits

2 scum conversion kits

:D

From information that we have gathered so for, it seems that players with moderate 1.0 collections will really only need from the 2.0 core set the new rule book (will also be available as free PDF), the new unique pilots and upgrades, the new damage deck, and the new maneuver dials. Everything else (tokens, templates, and so on) is just so you have the same look as 2.0. 

I must be in the minority because it is not as important to me as you might think. I have four perfectly good 1.0 X-Wings that will work just fine if I play X-Wing 2.0. Just need the proper 2.0 dials for them, and you only get two in the Conversion Kit.

Besides, I prefer the look of "lock your foils in attack position" and would just keep them that way. Only flipping the card to and from when called for.

I did confirm from the FFG twitch stream recording that if you pre-order a 2.0 core, you can get an additional alt art 2.0 damage deck. (probably at additional cost) The damage deck is the main thing needed from the new core. They of course should sell it separate, just like they sell dice separate. I'm going to buy a damage deck from someone else who is getting the 2nd deck with their 2.0 core. Then I will paint some center marks on my current templates. Done deal, for me this avoids having to purchase the new 2.0 core.

Think of the thousands upon thousands of alt-art damage decks they just gave out at THIS years system opens. Those are all just rubbish and trash now, such a pity and waste. ?