xanderf

TIE/rb - the new Heavy TIE Fighter from 'Solo'

17 hours ago, Ixidor said:

I think it would be neat to see the TIE Droid now that we have the Calculate action and see what they do with that.

But yeah, I still wouldn't say it actually matters.

I'd love to see the Droid TIE. Honestly, if done right it could be far more interesting than the TIE Hunter and TIE Avenger (both of which you're essentially trying to nail into the tactical gap between the TIE interceptor and TIE defender.

The TIE scout could work as (as noted) a Phantom II or HWK analogue if you don't want to bring back the TIE/sh as a configuration for the bomber.

I always kind of want to see the TIE bizzaro but to be fair the TIE/rb Heavy TIE Fighter more or less is the Bizzarro, just less ugly.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but the TIE Brute is apparently wider (obviously), and taller as it it has larger solar panels.   

As to the other TIE variants from the EU, I don't see many more showing up.   The TIE scout has likely been eaten by the TIE Reaper.   Many of the others are either poorly designed and don't fit into the current canon.   

On 5/29/2018 at 11:28 AM, Firespray-32 said:

i think you made the tie bomber cry

Then he should look more like his brother the Punisher.

On 5/30/2018 at 2:54 AM, Chucknuckle said:

I like that they kept the standard TIE panels. It helps keep the imagery of the Empire strict.

Didn't that ship sail with the 10 other TIEs they added that don't have the standard TIE panels?

Edited by DarthEnderX

40 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Then he should look more like his brother the Punisher.

Didn't that ship sail with the 10 other TIEs they added that don't have the standard TIE panels?

Nah, ships like that never sail. Keeping a strong and simple visual theme is important so wherever possible, IMO, they should try and do just that.

Indeed. When you're pretty sure the ship in question has at least one of the most important rebels in the galaxy aboard and Darth Vader is standing behind you, meaningfully tapping his feet is one situation.

This, on the other hand, was a less critical situation and a more dangerous asteroid belt.

On 5/29/2018 at 2:51 AM, Odanan said:

TIE Avenger and TIE Hunter are the only TIEs remaining (of the EU) that matter.

While I could take or leave the Hunter (its wing/panel structure looks so fragile), the TIE Avenger is sadly Missing in Action.  Always thought it looked way cooler and more practical than the Defender as the logical successor to Vader's TIE.

It needs to happen.  Don't even care about silly arguments about "What role does it fill?"  Who cares? It's a cool looking toy that will get 4+ new pilots to play with and if you don't like it, don't buy it.

2 minutes ago, Odanan said:

I never saw anything special in the TIE Oppressor (also, the name is kind of silly), but the TIE Breacher (?) is actually very cool.

Personally, I just want every TIE variant in the game, though TIE Hunter is my first choice, and at 2nd choice is a tie (no pun intended) of either Kybo Ren TIE or Red TIE Fighter for Scum.

TIE Breacher? I love it! Use it FFG/Lucasfilm.

13 minutes ago, Vector said:

Personally, I just want every TIE variant in the game, though TIE Hunter is my first choice, and at 2nd choice is a tie (no pun intended) of either Kybo Ren TIE or Red TIE Fighter for Scum.

TIE Breacher? I love it! Use it FFG/Lucasfilm.

hehehe Kybo Ren. I wonder if he was the inspiration for Kylo Ren in some way...

BTW, here is his TIE: 

maxresdefault.jpg

But I think I would prefer his two-seat A-Wing.

KyboRenEscapes-TRoKR.jpg

Edited by Odanan

1 minute ago, Odanan said:

hehehe Kybo Ren. I wonder if he was the inspiration for Kylo Ren in some way...

BTW, here is his TIE: 

maxresdefault.jpg

YES! Looks awesome, I want it in the game to add to my TIE collection!

And here's Redkihl Rokk's Red TIE Fighter from the Legends comic Death Star Pirates.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/190973-ship-suggestion-thread/?page=3&tab=comments#comment-2449206

On 5/29/2018 at 5:06 PM, Dwing said:

... new director, massive reshoots... 

This ship did not make it for example Arrestor Cruiser 

On 5/29/2018 at 5:08 PM, william1134 said:

Whoah.. I didn't know they had gone so far as to just cut out entire ships!

We'll just have to wait for the Limited Edition Cut Director's Cut! 

On 6/1/2018 at 2:30 AM, Odanan said:

I never saw anything special in the TIE Oppressor (also, the name is kind of silly), but the TIE Breacher (?) is actually very cool.

There is only one ship magnificent enough to have multiple ordnance pods, and it's the Punisher.

New proposal after reviewing the movie and reading some supplementary material:

MEDIUM BASE

Statline 3/2/6/0

Actions: Reinforce, TL into red calculate, BR

Upgrades: system, cannon

Ship ability: when attacking, if the defender is in your bullseye arc, gain a calculate token.

Sort of like an Empire mini-IG.

Edited by MaxPower

On 5/3/2018 at 11:04 AM, xanderf said:

Posted over in the Armada forums, but I don't see it here?

DcRH1XaU0AAIdP2.jpg:large

...I mean, who knows how/if/when we'll be getting this in X-Wing, given all the 2nd edition furor, but...

Well, it looks cool!

God I hate assymetrical spacecraft designs...