Jump to content
xanderf

TIE/rb - the new Heavy TIE Fighter from 'Solo'

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Ixidor said:

Yeah, I could actually see the Calculate  being linked behind other actions and not natively accessible, maybe as a ship ability.

A lot of turns you probably wouldn't use it but if you're attacking and defending, it's almost like having a Perceptive Copilot.

 

10 hours ago, Bad Idea Comics said:

Or a calculate>red target lock representing the droid brain doing the targeting

 

Target lock > Calculate would make more sense. It would be a nice offensive buff for the ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So in the past, the TLJ, FO, Rogue one ships have been released or worked on before the films hit the cinemas. This has meant that there were some silly things, which were missed due to limited material being made available to FFG. For example TIE FO being sluggish, Tie Silencer having a bad sculpt etc..

 

They haven't made the same mistake with Solo and the Tie Brute. I am hoping that this is because they have learnt from their mistakes and wanted to wait until the film was released before developing the new ship, however it is probably that they are currently far too busy with x-wing 2.0. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, william1134 said:

So in the past, the TLJ, FO, Rogue one ships have been released or worked on before the films hit the cinemas. This has meant that there were some silly things, which were missed due to limited material being made available to FFG. For example TIE FO being sluggish, Tie Silencer having a bad sculpt etc..

 

They haven't made the same mistake with Solo and the Tie Brute. I am hoping that this is because they have learnt from their mistakes and wanted to wait until the film was released before developing the new ship, however it is probably that they are currently far too busy with x-wing 2.0. 

Also remember the Flux the Solo movie has existed in the last year, new director, massive reshoots, nobody, not even Disney have probably been aware what would end up in the final movie until at few months ago. This ship did not make it for example Arrestor Cruiser 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm all down for the TIE Brute being included. I'm hoping they'll also include the rest of the TIE variants from canon and Legends like the TIE Hunter, TIE Raptor and TIE Scout for Empire, the Calrissian Runner for Rebels, and the Red TIE Fighter and Kybo Ren TIE for Scum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not so keen on those other tie variants, especially the Tie hunter, which seems to be just silly powercreep. 

Just had a look at the other ships you mentioned and no no no! :(  I don't want the rebels to have more ties and also for the scum.

Edited by william1134

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vector said:

I'm all down for the TIE Brute being included. I'm hoping they'll also include the rest of the TIE variants from canon and Legends like the TIE Hunter, TIE Raptor and TIE Scout for Empire, the Calrissian Runner for Rebels, and the Red TIE Fighter and Kybo Ren TIE for Scum.

TIE Avenger and TIE Hunter are the only TIEs remaining (of the EU) that matter.

Edited by Odanan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2018 at 8:43 PM, That Blasted Samophlange said:

RB could be rotating blaster.   It looks like it can move.   

That makes the most sense so far.

SPOILER ALERT

Also, considering how it goes down in the movie, it could be « Rocked badly »

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2018 at 8:07 AM, Commander Kaine said:

Blasters are short range weapons, used in personal combat, rarely in spess. 

Laser cannon is what spaceships have

Except for all the blaster cannons that older ships have, like the older Z-95s have triple blaster cannons....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dwing said:

Also remember the Flux the Solo movie has existed in the last year, new director, massive reshoots, nobody, not even Disney have probably been aware what would end up in the final movie until at few months ago. This ship did not make it for example Arrestor Cruiser 

It appears on the recruitment poster in the Corellian spaceport but thankfully doesn't show up beyond that.

 

3 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Never a fan of asymmetrical TIE designs.

i think you made the tie bomber cry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Odanan said:

TIE Avenger and TIE Hunter are the only TIEs remaining (of the EU) that matter.

I think it would be neat to see the TIE Droid now that we have the Calculate action and see what they do with that.

But yeah, I still wouldn't say it actually matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see it with a front and rear arc and able make two attacks with 2 dice out of the same arc each turn. Maybe have the ship ability to gain a calculate whenever you take a focus action, but focus for defense only and calculate for attacking only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For 2.0, I'm thinking:

 

3 (turret)/2/5/0

Focus

Target lock linked to calculate

Rotate linked to calculate

Red barrel roll

Rotating Blaster: You can only rotate your turret arc to your fore arc or aft arc.

 

That seems suitably unique.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Never a fan of asymmetrical TIE designs.  Also wish it wasn't just the standard TIE Fighter wing panels...AGAIN.

A lot about this thing I don't like.  But it's an Imperial TIE.  So I'm still probably going to buy 2.

I like that they kept the standard TIE panels. It helps keep the imagery of the Empire strict.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Don't forget the TIE Scout. It could serve-...

...A role honestly, the Phantom II serves.

But it's so ugly!

It has a role we need, but I think a TIE Shuttle 2.0 would be enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...