xanderf

TIE/rb - the new Heavy TIE Fighter from 'Solo'

7 hours ago, eMeM said:

MGX-300 integrated droid intelligence assists the pilot with operations."

Interesting... yes, perhaps a candidate for Galactic Empire access to the Calculate mechanic in 2.0 and,

7 hours ago, eMeM said:

pivoting twin laser cannons

as others have said, it’ll be a TIE/SF replacement for the Empire now the factions are separated.  Surely this’ll be in the first wave of new 2.0 ships.

Edited by Sasajak

On 5/3/2018 at 6:40 PM, kris40k said:

Just announced a new edition and already we are getting cancer back into the game.

It seems like it would mean literally the opposite of that. It's anti cancer. 

7 hours ago, eMeM said:

Reviving the thread because we have new informations from the Databank and the Visual Guide.

Databank gives us a name and a short description:

"The TIE/rb heavy starfighter, nicknamed the “TIE Brute,” boasts heavier armor and firepower than a standard TIE, with pivoting twin laser cannons arrayed on an outrigger. An MGX-300 integrated droid intelligence assists the pilot with operations."

So, TIE/rb Brute... is /rb a typo, was it supposed to be /br? br isn't taken in nu-canon, but it used to stand for TIE boarding craft.

Anyway.

Doesn't seem to have a gunner slot, the lasers pivot, how much we don't know. What we do know is that there should be a ship ability related to calculate tokens due to the "integrated droid intelligence".

Visual giude... I don't have at the moment so I'd appreciate if someone could post this ship's page.

System slot and cannons? 

Here's what I think:

System slot and cannon.

3 attack, 5 hull, 2 agi, no shields

Lock, BR, focus

Ship ability: After making a *bullseye* attack with a *cannon*, you may expose one of the defenders damage cards.

Standard equipment of a heavy laser cannon.

5 minutes ago, eMeM said:

Eh. Even ARC with its monstrous cannons didn't get 4 dice.

But the ARC is supposed to be older technology. Not that in it was less powerful, but it was bulkier. It's big because it's outdated. It's a big old fighter with big old cannons on it. Not very efficient in its design I imagine. Big heavy pieces of armor, filled with all kinds of inefficient technological solution that makes it bigger.

But, I could be wrong, and the TIE/rb could just have a 3 dice attack, probably for similar reasons. Mass produced, quality over quantity, it's not worth it to put expensive systems in it = big *** cannon.

Or, it could be a beefier attack, represented by some other mechanic, aside the 3 dice attack. IE:

Ship ability:
Twin laser cannon

After you perform a primary attack in your bullseye firing arc, you may perform a bonus attack against the defender.

Because the TIE/D probably won't exist anymore.

On 5/3/2018 at 1:20 PM, All Shields Forward said:

And becomes an Empire Tie/SF replacement.

This.  

I don't particularly like the design and I kinda wish they'd used Aggressors, but I know that'll never happen in a movie - the RB (Rotating Ball turret?) will fill the void the SF left us.

Edit: it's early and I haven't had coffee - there were 2 more pages in this thread - lol.  

Edited by Bad Idea Comics

2 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

As much as I would like the rb to stand for rotating blaster, it probably just stands for Reinforced Body.   

Truly I expect a three red primary and an extra hull.  

Perhaps if Solo gets a cross sections book it may have a gunner, in a cramped pod, but not likely.

Blasters are short range weapons, used in personal combat, rarely in spess. 

Laser cannon is what spaceships have

6 hours ago, Commander Kaine said:

Maybe a 4 dice attack then?

6 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Yes. Its blasters were quite punishing.

6 hours ago, eMeM said:

Eh. Even ARC with its monstrous cannons didn't get 4 dice.

Maybe it's 3 attack dice but 4 when the enemy is within the bullseye arc? Needs a system slot or some type of tech-y upgrade slot too.

13 hours ago, Ayleron said:

Maybe there will be a cool pilot or ship ability where they can assign themselves a calculate token after taking a focus action.

Or would that be token stacking? I guess it could also have white focus > red calculate and white evade > red calculate? 

Or a calculate>red target lock representing the droid brain doing the targeting

10 hours ago, Infinite_Maelstrom said:

That would be quite cool to have both calculate and focus.  I'm sure it would not be useful unless there were some linked actions to it, but still cool.

Yeah, I could actually see the Calculate  being linked behind other actions and not natively accessible, maybe as a ship ability.

A lot of turns you probably wouldn't use it but if you're attacking and defending, it's almost like having a Perceptive Copilot.