xanderf

TIE/rb - the new Heavy TIE Fighter from 'Solo'

14 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

i'd guess it'll be in the first official wave of 2.0

I imagine they'd say something about Solo tie ins by now. If i remember right its may 25th for the solo movie, thats pretty close to not even mention the tie-in releases let alone get them here fast enough

Yeah, seems like it'd have been a safe assumption that lacking the 2.0 announcement, we would have seen announced this guy instead.

1 hour ago, gamblertuba said:

There is still a missing SKU.  I doubt we see any more "hybrid" products though unless this also shows up in a $30 box form like the Silencer.

I'd imagine the 'missing SKU' is probably the new Falcon - that seems like it was open information earlier than this fighter was.

OTOH - as part of the incentive to get players to pick up 2nd edition, I could certainly imagine both this new TIE and the Scum Falcon ending up being the first "new" 2nd edition (only) releases.

1 hour ago, All Shields Forward said:

And becomes an Empire Tie/SF replacement.

This was my guess as well. They could mix it up for differentiation and give this one a crew slot. 

2 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

Armored TIE Fighter, or even Reinforced TIE Fighter sound a lot better than the Heavy TIE we were calling it.

"Heavy TIE Fighter" is the official name for it, though.  *shrugs*

10 hours ago, xanderf said:

Posted over in the Armada forums, but I don't see it here?

DcRH1XaU0AAIdP2.jpg:large

...I mean, who knows how/if/when we'll be getting this in X-Wing, given all the 2nd edition furor, but...

Well, it looks cool!

So....do we get this before the RZ-2?

also, Hull 4 or five? It definitely looks beefier than the x1 too.  Rear arc?

Reviving the thread because we have new informations from the Databank and the Visual Guide.

Databank gives us a name and a short description:

"The TIE/rb heavy starfighter, nicknamed the “TIE Brute,” boasts heavier armor and firepower than a standard TIE, with pivoting twin laser cannons arrayed on an outrigger. An MGX-300 integrated droid intelligence assists the pilot with operations."

So, TIE/rb Brute... is /rb a typo, was it supposed to be /br? br isn't taken in nu-canon, but it used to stand for TIE boarding craft.

Anyway.

Doesn't seem to have a gunner slot, the lasers pivot, how much we don't know. What we do know is that there should be a ship ability related to calculate tokens due to the "integrated droid intelligence".

Visual giude... I don't have at the moment so I'd appreciate if someone could post this ship's page.