xanderf

TIE/rb - the new Heavy TIE Fighter from 'Solo'

Just now, eMeM said:

I wonder why /rb

recon-bomber?

Dunno.  Given where it sits in the timeline, and that we don't seem to see it again after this movie, my assumption would be it's an early variant design ultimately replaced in regular fleet deployment by the TIE Bomber?

5 minutes ago, xanderf said:

recon-bomber?

Dunno.  Given where it sits in the timeline, and that we don't seem to see it again after this movie, my assumption would be it's an early variant design ultimately replaced in regular fleet deployment by the TIE Bomber?

rb could also be

Rhythm and Blues

Right Back (soccer)

Review Board

Rock Bottom

and Random Boner

which I guess explains the guns

WAIT

" The retinoblastoma protein (protein name abbreviated pRb; gene name abbreviated RB or RB1) is a tumor suppressor protein that is dysfunctional in several major cancers. One function of pRb is to prevent excessive cell growth by inhibiting cell cycle progression until a cell is ready to divide. "

So it's literally a flying tumor.

Lucasfilm is getting too clever for us

Edited by ficklegreendice

4 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

oh we'll get it in xwing, especially since imps just lost several ships and now need to beef the numbers back up (rebs too to a lesser extent)

But...a 1st/2nd edition hybrid like Saw's Renegades or the TIE Reaper?  Or wait until 2nd edition, entirely?

6 minutes ago, xanderf said:

But...a 1st/2nd edition hybrid like Saw's Renegades or the TIE Reaper?  Or wait until 2nd edition, entirely?

I'd bet on it being a wave 2.2 released close to the gifting holidays, along with the Resistance and FO conversion kits.

27 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

" The retinoblastoma protein (protein name abbreviated pRb; gene name abbreviated RB or RB1) is a tumor suppressor protein that is dysfunctional in several major cancers. One function of pRb is to prevent excessive cell growth by inhibiting cell cycle progression until a cell is ready to divide. "

So it's literally a flying tumor.

Just announced a new edition and already we are getting cancer back into the game.

Rectal Bleeding?

Recycle Bin?

Ray Bans make the gunners view port?

Renal Biopsy?

Recon Bomber?

Rock Bottom?

Request (for) Bid?

Red Baron?

Rechargable Batteries?  (those are supposed to be solar panels right?  Empire is green)

Round Ball?

Edited by Cr0aker

8 minutes ago, All Shields Forward said:

Okay interesting idea, what if that ball can spin? It's designed weirdly unless you consider it can rotate. 

Yeah, sort of thinking that.  And if it's a predecessor to the TIE Bomber, that it could rotate to fire "down" makes perfect sense.  (That it can also fire backwards - additionally handy.  Well, notably handy for our game...forward/backward fire arc for its 'special attack')

55 minutes ago, xanderf said:

Posted over in the Armada forums, but I don't see it here?

DcRH1XaU0AAIdP2.jpg:large

...I mean, who knows how/if/when we'll be getting this in X-Wing, given all the 2nd edition furor, but...

Well, it looks cool!

Thanks for the post! Also, is it just me, or does the viewing port look smaller? 

i'd guess it'll be in the first official wave of 2.0

I imagine they'd say something about Solo tie ins by now. If i remember right its may 25th for the solo movie, thats pretty close to not even mention the tie-in releases let alone get them here fast enough

22 minutes ago, xanderf said:

Yeah, sort of thinking that.  And if it's a predecessor to the TIE Bomber, that it could rotate to fire "down" makes perfect sense.  (That it can also fire backwards - additionally handy.  Well, notably handy for our game...forward/backward fire arc for its 'special attack')

And becomes an Empire Tie/SF replacement.