WAC47

X-wing 2.0: The Big Thread o’ Pilots

On 5/5/2018 at 6:41 AM, HolySorcerer said:

Valen Rudor is in the TIE/d now. 

Wait, what?

There is already a TIE Defender pilot from Rebels, and Rudor wasn't it. That honor belongs to the Grand Imperial Mustache, Vult Skerris (no offense to Kendal Ozzel and Wulf Yularen, Mustache Junior Grade and Colonel Mustache, respectively.)

Rudor belongs in the TIE Advanced Prototype, d****t!

1 minute ago, Yakostovian said:

Wait, what?

There is already a TIE Defender pilot from Rebels, and Rudor wasn't it. That honor belongs to the Grand Imperial Mustache, Vult Skerris (no offense to Kendal Ozzel and Wulf Yularen, Mustache Junior Grade and Colonel Mustache, respectively.)

Rudor belongs in the TIE Advanced Prototype, d****t!

You can see him in the teaser trailer for second edition.

26 minutes ago, fhdz said:

Also means you don't have to remember whether or not you've used the ability that round.

There's alsobthe possibility of a pilot or upgrade that's something along the lines of "discard a charge" or "assign a no-recharge token" or something that could turn off those abilities.

Have we seen any more of the Decimators stat line? We know it gets reinforce and still has 4 shields, but in order for reinforce to work it must roll at least 1 green die... 

Just now, Khyros said:

There's alsobthe possibility of a pilot or upgrade that's something along the lines of "discard a charge" or "assign a no-recharge token" or something that could turn off those abilities.

I can see something like that specifically for ordnance, but I think it would be unbalanced if it worked on anything with a charge.

4 minutes ago, Goseki1 said:

Have we seen any more of the Decimators stat line? We know it gets reinforce and still has 4 shields, but in order for reinforce to work it must roll at least 1 green die... 

Why does reinforce need a die roll?

27 minutes ago, Goseki1 said:

Are you assuming it works the same as evade tokens? There's no reason to assume this. It'll work as it does in 1.0, by adding 1 evade result on the specified side.

19 minutes ago, Ixidor said:

Are you assuming it works the same as evade tokens? There's no reason to assume this. It'll work as it does in 1.0, by adding 1 evade result on the specified side.

I dunno if I can find the source, but I remember talk of it working the same, changing a result to evade instead of adding one.

Could lead one to assume they'll give the Deci 1 agility, but we might just need to wait to know more.

Edit: nope. According to the crowd sourced document https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WBD6vYa6cXMFsQNdbfSK1kjQdscdsQ_aLfMTbGqRsfY/mobilebasic

• Reinforce: the whole ship has to be in front or behind your ship, reduce damage taken by one to a minimum of 1 damage taken
Edited by VaynMaanen

3 minutes ago, VaynMaanen said:

I dunno if I can find the source, but I remember talk of it working the same, changing a result to evade instead of adding one.

Could lead one to assume they'll give the Deci 1 agility, but we might just need to wait to know more.

I think I don't have it quite right, either. These guys said it was reducing damage not adding evades.

8 hours ago, Gadgetron said:

Iden Versios art uses Dark Curses, and Valen Rudor uses Backstabbers.  So they may have removed a good chunk of Darth Vader's own Black Squadron, which if confirmed WILL lead to rage posts from me... ?  

Are those pilots still "canon" in the eyes of the mouse?  If not, that would explain the removal and the reuse of the art.

52 minutes ago, Khyros said:

Are those pilots still "canon" in the eyes of the mouse?  If not, that would explain the removal and the reuse of the art.

The Black Squadron that flew with Vader isn't technically called that in canon at this point but we also have Howlrunner and Night Beast, neither of which are canon, so they aren't against using Legends material for sure. It does appear that canon pilots may take precedence, though. That said, they could have easily replaced all legends TIE pilots with canon ones, there are a number to choose from.

9 hours ago, Gadgetron said:

Iden Versios art uses Dark Curses, and Valen Rudor uses Backstabbers.  So they may have removed a good chunk of Darth Vader's own Black Squadron, which if confirmed WILL lead to rage posts from me... ?  

I appreciate your love for Black Squadron! And Mauler is still in the game.

I do feel the need to point out though that those names were made up by the Decipher CCG to identify "Tie pilot who gets blown up by Wedge" and "TIE pilot who gets blown up by Han" (this isn't meant as a dig... that's really all they're known for according to wookieepedia). Other than passing mentions, they were not developed as characters in Legends. Iden and Valen are both characters with personalities and stories attached to them.

Again, I totally understand your love for the old and familiar names and I absolutely do not want to take that away from you. But I do appreciate that FFG is trying to incorporate characters from newer stories that are being told.

31 minutes ago, Ixidor said:

The Black Squadron that flew with Vader isn't technically called that in canon at this point but we also have Howlrunner and Night Beast, neither of which are canon, so they aren't against using Legends material for sure. It does appear that canon pilots may take precedence, though. That said, they could have easily replaced all legends TIE pilots with canon ones, there are a number to choose from.

Exactly this. I don't see any systematic removal of all "Legends" material. Simply an attempt to incorporate characters from new, ongoing stories.

29 minutes ago, BDrafty said:

She just flies around in space on her own.

Haha oh man. Anyone print a Leia token for missions yet? I'm down.

51 minutes ago, gamblertuba said:

Someone's probably already pointed out that Darth Vader could perform four actions in a row if you ever wanted to...  Only three actions on the ship but still.

He could always take squad leader to coordinate someone as his final action.  Though that being said, he only regenerates 1 force per turn, so he can't consistently do that.