WAC47

X-wing 2.0: The Big Thread o’ Pilots

This is a great list, thanks for putting it together.

I just wish they implemented a change with 2.0 like Why did they not split the ship and pilot card into 2 cards?

I mean, it would really open up the game choices, and would be easy to do.

Each ship would then have 1 generic card.

Then the pilot card and ship title card would add to it.  Along with any upgrades.

This would allow pilots like Luke, for example, to fly the Falcon, (which he does in the expanded content) or an E-wing, or any other ship he gets onboard.

Even Leia flies the Falcon in the Films.

If they did that in 2.0 then I'd be more inclined to get it.

And I see no reason not to do this, other than people saying certain pilots should never fly certain ships, which could easily be fixed by giving pilots certain ship restrictions, for example Corren Horn restriction X-wing or E-wing.

And don't forget it's always possible to fly ships together in combnations that should otherwise never happen, like pilots who die in A New Hope along side Ships that only appear in Jedi.

I just feel this would make the game that much better, and less restrictive on squad builds.

Looked at the announcement video again, I'm pretty sure I saw Xizor on the Starviper's base.

On stream, Alex also dropped the name of Finch Dallow, who's the pilot of the Resistance bomber Paige is on.

Also from the stream: The TIE Advanced V1 features Inquisitor, Seventh Sister, Baron of the Empire, and a generic Inquisitor.

Edited by BoxerlessBossk

Holy moly, Ten Nunb with Rage EPT? That combo alone makes me think Rage might be out.... Or different.

Raging Tycho looks on with envy.

Might have to scrape around to find something he could spend that focus on, lol.

1 hour ago, max_ryan said:

This is a great list, thanks for putting it together.

I just wish they implemented a change with 2.0 like Why did they not split the ship and pilot card into 2 cards?

I mean, it would really open up the game choices, and would be easy to do.

Thanks! 

While I agree that would be awesome in theory, I think in practice its harder to implement than it sounds for a couple reasons. 

1) Balance. Some pilot abilities that are good on one ship may be flat out broken on another. It would be hard to cost pilots appropriately for all ships. 

2) It limits the design space. Pilots can’t be designed with the capabilities of certain ships in mind. This includes ship abilities, and also action bars. It may be more frustrating for people to be able to put a pilot on any ship, but for only one ship to be a competitive choice.

3) It adds to the “card chase” element of growing your collection. I’d say this would be an even greater problem then it already is with upgrades, because pilots represents a more significant investment in a list and are harder to swap out for something else. 

Anyway, those are just my thoughts on the matter. I really like what they’ve done with subtitles in this regard, which lets them more seamlessly include the same pilot on different ships (and change their ability/initiative if needed by changing the subtitle!). 

32 minutes ago, WAC47 said:

Thanks! 

While I agree that would be awesome in theory, I think in practice its harder to implement than it sounds for a couple reasons. 

1) Balance. Some pilot abilities that are good on one ship may be flat out broken on another. It would be hard to cost pilots appropriately for all ships. 

2) It limits the design space. Pilots can’t be designed with the capabilities of certain ships in mind. This includes ship abilities, and also action bars. It may be more frustrating for people to be able to put a pilot on any ship, but for only one ship to be a competitive choice.

3) It adds to the “card chase” element of growing your collection. I’d say this would be an even greater problem then it already is with upgrades, because pilots represents a more significant investment in a list and are harder to swap out for something else. 

Anyway, those are just my thoughts on the matter. I really like what they’ve done with subtitles in this regard, which lets them more seamlessly include the same pilot on different ships (and change their ability/initiative if needed by changing the subtitle!). 

Fully agree with your thoughts here. Feels like they have taken the subtitle idea from imperial assault where they are used to differentiate characters from different stages of the sage. For example "Hero of the Rebellion" Luke and "Jedi Knight" Luke while still keeping the named character unique. 

This could easily be used in X-wing to tweak a pilots ability and put them in a new ship later on down the road shoudl the designers feel a need to.

9 minutes ago, Hawkstrike said:

Wishlist: Jon Tyree, Davish “Pops” Krail, Leia in a Y-wing, and Corran Horn in an X-Wing. 

Won't let me tag you for some reason, but added! (apparently Tiree's first name is now "Dex").

Also, I don't care what ship Leia flies as long as they make her a pilot!

Just now, Tailsgod said:

If they put Ved Foslo in then Cienna is almost certainly going to be in an interceptor

Yep, I thought that was a pretty safe bet (especially since she is in Armada as well)

On 5/4/2018 at 4:36 AM, BoxerlessBossk said:

I'm actually thinking this is probably to give Keyan a new Force-centric ability. They just liked his old one too much not to re-use it.

It's possible but Farlander's Imperial counterpart Stele is also a Force user, even according to FFG's own SW LCG. Yet Stele's X-Wing 2.0 pilot card has no Force ability.

This may be my biggest gripe about 2.0, which I love overall. Replacing EU characters with "canon" characters annoys me. Especially when they're EU characters from the holy X-wing/TIE Fighter VG series. I really hope Farlander shows up somewhere.

Edited by Koborover
Picture not needed

On 5/3/2018 at 10:48 AM, WAC47 said:

IMPERIALS

TIE/ln Fighter

Initiative 1

1. Academy Pilot (Worlds Demo Live Stream – Mentioned)

Initiative 2

1. Obsidian Squadron Pilot (Crush the Rebellion)
  2. ”Night Beast” (Worlds Display Case) 

Initiative 3

1. Black Squadron Ace (Team Covenant and Worlds Demo Live Stream)
  2. Valen Rudor (Worlds Display Case)

Initiative 4

1. Iden Versio: Inferno Leader (X-wing Second Edition Article)
    • Before a friendly TIE/In fighter at range 0-1 would suffer 1 or more damage, you may spend 1 [charge]. If you do, prevent that damage. Charge = 1.

Initiative 5

1. “Scourge” Skutu: Seasoned Veteran (Crush The Rebellion)
  2. “Mauler” Mithel: Black Two (Crush the Rebellion)
    • While you perform an attack at attack range 1, roll 1 additional attack die.
  3. Howlrunner: Obsidian Leader (Crush the Rebellion)
    • While a friendly ship at range 0-1 performs a primary attack, that ship may reroll 1 attack die.

Initiative ?

1. Del Meeko (Crush the Rebellion – Quick Build)
  2. Gideon Hask (Crush the Rebellion – Quick Build)

TIE Advanced

Initiative 3

1. Zertik Strom: Pitiless Administrator (Crush the Rebellion)
    • During the End Phase, you may spend a lock you have on an enemy ship to expose 1 of that ship's damage cards.

Initiative 4

1. Ved Foslo: Ambitious Engineer (Crush the Rebellion)
    • While you execute a maneuver, you may execute a maneuver of the same bearing and difficulty of a speed 1 higher or lower instead.
    • Source: Lost Stars

Initiative 5

1. Maarek Stele: Servant of the Empire (Crush the Rebellion)
    • While you perform an attack, if the defender would be dealt a faceup damage card, instead draw 3 damage cards, choose 1, and discard the rest.

Initiative 6

1. Darth Vader: Black Leader (Worlds Demo Live Stream – Played)
    • After you perform an action, you may spend 1 [force] to perform an action. Force = 3

TIE Interceptor

Initiative 6

1. Soontir Fel (Worlds Demo Live Stream – Mentioned)
    • (Paraphrase) If an enemy ship is in bullseye arc at the beginning of the Engagement Phase, gain a focus token.

Initiative ?

1. Tu_________ [Turr Phenrir?] (Teaser Trailer)

Lambda-class Shuttle

Initiative ?

1. Lieutenant Sai (Crush the Rebellion - base)
    • Source: Lost Stars

TIE Bomber

Initiative?

1. Deathfire (Teaser Trailer)
    • When you are destroyed, before you are removed, you may perform an ______ and drop or launch 1 device

TIE Defender

TIE Phantom

Initiative 5

1. Whisper: Soft-Spoken Slayer (Crush the Rebellion)
    • After you perform an attack that hits, gain 1 evade token.

VT-49 Decimator

Initiative 5

1. Rear Admiral Chiraneau: Advisor to Admiral Piett (Crush the Rebellion)
    • While you perform an attack, if you are reinforced and the defender is in the [fore 180 arc] or [aft 180 arc] matching your reinforce token, you may change one of your [eyeball] results to a [kaboom] result. 

Initiative ?

1. Captain Oicuun (Polish Spoilers)

TIE Punisher

Initiative 5

1. "R____________" [Redline?] (Crush the Rebellion - base)

Inquisitor’s TIE

Initiative ?

1. Generic inquisitor (Worlds Demo Livestream)
  2. Baron of the Empire (Worlds Demo Livestream)
  3. Seventh Sister (Worlds Demo Livestream)
  4. Inquisitor (Worlds Demo Livestream)

TIE Striker

Initiative 5

1. “Duchess”: Urbane Ace (Crush the Rebellion)
    • You may choose not to use your Adaptive Ailerons. You may use your Adaptive Ailerons even while stressed.

TIE Agressor

Alpha-class Star Wing

Initiative ?

1. Rho Squadron Pilot (Teaser Trailer)

TIE Reaper

Initiative 3

1. Captain Feroph (Team Covenant Live Stream – Wave XIV)
    • While you defend, if the attacker does not have any green tokens, you may change one of your [eyeball] results to an [evade] result.

Initiative ? (1st edition Wave XIV spoilers)

1. Scarif Base Pilot
  2. "Vizier"
  3. Major Vermeil

Seeing Dell, Gideon and Iden from Inferno Squad give me hope we’ll see Shriv in an X-Wing for the Rebellion! 

On May 3, 2018 at 11:35 AM, PaulTiberius said:

A photo of the display case shows Valen Rudor in a TIE/ln. Found it on Twitter. Appears to be PS3 (how the heck do we abbreviate Initiative??) with no Charge on the stat line.

The screencap thread from the trailer video also speculates that Valen flies a Defender, but I can't vouch for that. 

Initiate 3 = 3i or 3I ?  Keep it simple

6 hours ago, SwordOwaR said:

I hope that they have a similar ability to Norra's ARC-170 (v1) ability for the ARC-170.

1e Norra was my favorite pilot in the game! Unfortunately, it appears part of the design philosophy of 2.0 is to make double modification harder to achieve. Adding red dice is also a mechanic that appears like it’s going to be rare as well. So unless the ARC-170 has a linked Focus > Target Lock action I don’t see it happening :( 

But Norra’s Y-wing ability is awesome so there’s that :) 

1 hour ago, VaynMaanen said:

Great job on the list!

Could you also include the known ship abilities for each ship? Like Advanced Targeting Computer for the TIE Advanced, Adaptive Ailerons for the TIE Reaper, etc.

Thanks!

Sure thing!

@WAC47 Here are some that have been spoiled

Fang Fighter

Concord Faceoff: If the attack range is 1 and you are in the attacker's [front] arc, change 1 result to an [evade] result. 

TIE Reaper 

Adaptive Ailerons: Before you reveal your dial, if you are not stressed, you must execute a white [1 bank left], [1 straight], [1 bank right] maneuver. 

TIE Advanced

Advanced Targeting Computer: While you perform a primary attack against a defender you have locked, roll one additional attack for and change 1 [hit] result to a [crit] result. 

TIE Striker (assumed)

Adaptive Ailerons: Before you reveal your dial, if you are not stressed, you must execute a white [1 bank left], [1 straight], [1 bank right] maneuver. 

TIE Phantom

Stygium Array: After you decloak, you may perform an [evade] action. At the start of the End Phase, you may spend 1 [evade] token to gain 1 cloak token.

TIE Interceptor (assumed)

Autothrusters: After you perform and action, you can perform a red [Barrel Roll] or [Boost] action.

TIE Bomber

TIE Bomber: “If you would drop a device using a [straight] template, you may use a [bank left] or [bank right] template of the same speed instead.

10 hours ago, bobbywhiskey said:

Dunno if anyone has pointed this out yet, but Dengar's ability has a charge count on it (can't see how many he has tho)

Dengar's Charge value has a little up arrowhead next to it, so he probably regains one at the end of each round. 

His ability probably costs a charge, and this is now a tracking mechanic so his ability doesn't have to say "once per round."

Okay, I think I pulled together *everything* we know for a fact thus far... Though to be fair, I haven't rewatched all of the streams to confirm that.

And I've put it all in a google spreadsheet, giving everyone access to comment, but not to change.  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DMqgr3MQPStvLtLQRCLr0b_hcvNz53Sow7IGB7gXN_U/edit?usp=sharing

Included (and sourced):

Ship Stats, Actions, Arcs, Upgrades, Maneuvers, Special Ability

Pilot Names, Subtitle, Expansion pack source, Initiative, Ability, EPT, Force

Upgrade Card Names, Type, Text, Any known restrictions, Chargers, Cost*

Conversion Summary of cardboard and pilot card count, do with this what you will.

Something interesting I stumbled across while doing this - there is no example of a force user with an EPT (or whatever they're calling it this time).  I wonder if the force power ability supersedes the EPT ability.

Edited by Khyros

23 minutes ago, Khyros said:

Something interesting I stumbled across while doing this - there is no example of a force user with an EPT (or whatever they're calling it this time).  I wonder if the force power ability supersedes the EPT ability.

They call it Talent. IIRC for Force usesrs you can choose either a Talent or a Force power.

Edited by eMeM

23 hours ago, PaulTiberius said:

Dengar's Charge value has a little up arrowhead next to it, so he probably regains one at the end of each round. 

His ability probably costs a charge, and this is now a tracking mechanic so his ability doesn't have to say "once per round."

Also means you don't have to remember whether or not you've used the ability that round.