buckero0

Possible competitive list REBELS

I haven't played as many "actual" games as I would like.

A friend of mine is trying to get me to go to a tournament with him this weekend.

He's using all my Imperial stuff, and so all I have is Rebels

Luke Reflexes and Push

5 units of Rebel Troopers extra guy and z-6

3 ATRT

Which weapon should I use for the ATRT?

If I use the blaster I'm right at 800

Are the flamethrowers worth trying? I like the idea of the  Laser but with Impact 1 I don't know that its worth it just for range 4 if the terrain is obstructed.

18 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

A friend of mine is trying to get me to go to a tournament with him this weekend.

Luke Reflexes and Push

3 ATRT

Are the flamethrowers worth trying? I like the idea of the  Laser but with Impact 1 I don't know that its worth it just for range 4 if the terrain is obstructed.

That laser is nice at range 4 cause you can camp out of troopers range and pick them off with it potentially forcing movement away or towards your at-rt to deal with it. 

If you can sneak the ATRT flamethrower tactically into troopers they really toast them, I took out my opponents AT ST last game with a combination of an Ion trooper unit and Luke flanking the atst  and then with rapid reinforcements in play I placed the flamethrower ATRT unit off to the flank of the AT ST while luke engaged with it in melee, the ion unit and a laser cannon equipped atrt shot at it. turn 2 shoot with the ion gun, landing a bit of damage and an Ion token but barely any damage , next round come in with Son of Skywalker and double attack with Luke and a double move. Finally on the laser cannon ATRT  activation , this took him to 8 damage. Turn 3 he didn't get to activate as Luke took it out , as the flame ATRT ran round the back of the AT ST before it fell, this then took out all but the leader of a DH17 equipped ST unit, before going onto to do the same in turn 4 with an HH12 equipped ST unit (although not before it took out the laser cannon ATRT in turn 3), meanwhile Luke took out Veers also in turn 3

End result it was a wipe for the Imps on turn 5 with 5 victory points to 1 . Forces were 600 pts, yes it took a good bit of points to take down the AT ST but it ended up doing very little wounds wise to me, although I did get suppressed a bit.

Veers 

AT ST with all the trimmings

3 ST units one with HH12  and extra trooper, one with DH17 and extra trooper(*), one with extra trooper and concussion grenades  (*)

Against

Luke with Battle Meditation and force reflexes

ATRT with Laser Cannon

ATRT with Flamethrower (*)

Trooper with extra trooper and Ion

Trooper with extra trooper and z6

Trooper with extra trooper

Trooper unit no upgrades (*)

Reinforcements(*)

My opponent made some serious errors , they played with reinforcements as 2 trooper units on the one with 3 objectives scoring vp on turns 2 4 and end. So they only had one trooper unit in possible range on turn 2 , real schoolboy error. 

They didn't read Veers abilities or command cards before playing and realised late that they should have used some much earlier (like the one with the range 4+ 4 red strike , which he used when the only target not in range 3 or less was my weakest trooper unit instead of rolling it out earlier to flatten the atrt with the laser cannon. But of a hollow victory though , but it did show me how to get good use out of the ATRT flamethrower. He won't make the same mistake again.

The extra activations helped in this game with both teams down two units 

Edited by syrath

5 hours ago, buckero0 said:

Luke Reflexes and Push

3 ATRT

The flamethrowers are a terror weapon: Rush the ATRT at the enemy infantry and they will spend the whole turn trying to bring it down, saving your other troops. The issue tho is that you're using it as a bait with a faint chance of ever reaching the target with still 2 actions left, so it won't do damage directly. Ideally, you want the weather condition that reduces visibility if you use these guys.

The lasers are good to 1) Save tour ATRT which have the worst saves in the game right now 2) Limit imperials' range advantage (it's the only Reb' range 4 weapon). 3) get AT-ST to their damage threshold (only Imperial unit with armour, amusingly).

Remember AT-RT have surge: Crit, so there's a better chance to go through cover with them.

I personally don't like the gatlings on them: They're in "short" range which makes them vulnerable without being as lethal as flamethrowers. But that's personal: With their surge: Crit, throwing more dice is always an option: Just remember that they are very fragile.

3 minutes ago, Deuzerre said:

The flamethrowers are a terror weapon: Rush the ATRT at the enemy infantry and they will spend the whole turn trying to bring it down, saving your other troops. The issue tho is that you're using it as a bait with a faint chance of ever reaching the target with still 2 actions left, so it won't do damage directly. Ideally, you want the weather condition that reduces visibility if you use these guys.

The lasers are good to 1) Save tour ATRT which have the worst saves in the game right now 2) Limit imperials' range advantage (it's the only Reb' range 4 weapon). 3) get AT-ST to their damage threshold (only Imperial unit with armour, amusingly).

Remember AT-RT have surge: Crit, so there's a better chance to go through cover with them.

I personally don't like the gatlings on them: They're in "short" range which makes them vulnerable without being as lethal as flamethrowers. But that's personal: With their surge: Crit, throwing more dice is always an option: Just remember that they are very fragile.

I'm with you on the Gatlings , the problem my opponent had was that with the AT ST he had to face Luke and an Ion unit and a range 4 ATRt which itself was initially a feint but I took advantage of some good rolls to trade my ATRT laser cannon and 6 trooper figures from 2 units and a wound on Luke for the AT ST and a flanking position off his back line of troopers  ultimately it mowed down 2 units of 6 figures down to their leaders only in subsequent turns, he was the MVP unit with the Ion gun a close second for denying the AT ST an action on turn 2 , definitely my most memorable match so far shame it was a bit hollow as my opponent made some larger errors that I think ultimately won me the game as decisively.

3 hours ago, syrath said:

... then with rapid reinforcements in play I placed the flamethrower ATRT unit off to the flank of the AT ST ...

ATRT with Flamethrower (*)

Trooper unit no upgrades (*)

Reinforcements(*)

Just so you are aware in the future, the rapid reinforcements card says "...each player sets aside up to 2 non-commander trooper units and their order tokens..."

You can't use it to place the ATRT which is a ground vehicle.