Fuzzywookie

Starting this crazy train

Reposting my previous advice with some additions.

If you're playing Rebels, then you'll need to buy some of these:

latest?cb=20150518032829latest?cb=20160813000745

If you're playing Imperials, then you'll need to buy some of these:

latest?cb=20150518035315latest?cb=20171001223303

Which ever faction you're playing, you'll need at least 2 of this:

latest?cb=20150419014823

3 minutes ago, Fuzzywookie said:

I do come from another FFG game. X-Wing. Most likely go Imperial. There uniforms are so crisp and clean. Mmmm. Plus. Being bad is good. 

In that case, I also recommend the Chimaera as well, considering it's an ISD and contains a new squadron.

Welcome to the game, it’s always a pleasure to meet a fellow Imperial loyalist!  To address the above comments: squadrons 1 is definitely a good purchase, but six generic TIEs happen to be very competitive as a fighter screen. In short, don’t feel obligated to make a squadrons pack your first expansion, even if it is a perfectly strong choice.

16 hours ago, Fuzzywookie said:

I do come from another FFG game. X-Wing. Most likely go Imperial. There uniforms are so crisp and clean. Mmmm. Plus. Being bad is good. 

Angry space triangles. Come to the light side where our ships are less pointy and tend to shoot sideways!

For Imperials I would recommend starting with an ISD (Probably the Chimaera because it just comes with more including those 2 squads, if you find the original ISD on sale though, go for it) and a Quasar Light Carrier expansion.  You should be able to get a 400 point list going easily with that and what you get in the Starter.  Thrawn and Sloane are both strong commanders as well.

You really can't go wrong though.  Good luck!

23 hours ago, Fuzzywookie said:

In that case, I suggest the Chimaera for your first expansion. Get yourself an ISD and (almost) all the goodies you could want to go with it. 

1 hour ago, Fuzzywookie said:

Was gonna get an imperial light cruiser. Yeah. That’s not gonna happen.  $50. Not. 

First thing you should buy is 2 Gozanti's.

Imperial lists are really tough to round out points wise, and you will often end up with a really odd amount points left that isn't enough for a gladiator, your fleet doesn't need a raider or can't take/don't need more squads. Gozanti's really help fill those odd point gaps with useful things. Slicers and coms net are great in almost every fleet. It seems lame to fly 2 flotillas, but when you decide you want a big fat pointy ISD you will find you don't have room for much else.

Edited by BrobaFett