Captain Pellaeon

2nd ED Core Set - Mandatory?

I think the alt-art damage deck should be available to any 2.0 pre-order.  If you could get a deck with a conversion kit,  then the core becomes a value judgement on whether the extra minis, pilots, templates, rulebook, obstacles, dice, etc. are worth it.

Of course you can always pre-order a core, keep the damage deck, and re-sell the unopened core for probably 90% of what you payed for it.   Or buy the new deck off of someone who is going to have an extra.  The going rate for the small damage deck is probably going to be fairly low.   If you're buying acrylic templates anyway, you only really need the damage deck.

I am still hoping FFG will find a different way for Scum, Resistance and First Order players to join 2.0.

Having to buy a core set with ships you won't be able to fly because you picked a different faction would suck.

Especially since they said you won't have to buy ships from factions you don't play anymore.

2 minutes ago, Reaver027 said:

I am still hoping FFG will find a different way for Scum, Resistance and First Order players to join 2.0.

Having to buy a core set with ships you won't be able to fly because you picked a different faction would suck.

Especially since they said you won't have to buy ships from factions you don't play anymore.

Do you plan on buying acrylic maneuver templates?  If so, you will probably only need to spend about $5 on a damage deck off eBay.

If people want to play 2.0, you're going to have to pay something to get what you need, no matter what faction.

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If it's not, you will find an excuse.

I'm sorry some people will have to spend more money than they would like--but that's the price of getting on board. No judgments here; that's the reality of the situation.

In 1st edition I love jumping from faction to faction. I have all the dice I need. I have all the acrylic I need.

In 2nd edition I can't afford everything I want at once. I have to buckle down and choose one faction to start with. Extra dice won't hurt. Who hasn't lost one or two along the way? And my acrylics will still be viable. I'm sure there will be plenty of 3rd party vendors that will sell whole new sets of maneuver templates with all the markings we need, or even just the 1 Straight by itself. Eventually I'll get everything I need.

I guess what I'm trying to say is if you're a Scum player, if you have too many TIEs or X-wings--whatever your grievance is--do what you have to do if you want to play 2.0.
You're spinning your wheels in the air pleading with FFG for packs or kits that will serve the minority. Maybe there will be something like what you're asking for down the line, but so far we're not privy to it and they don't have to do it if they don't want to, so we all have to deal with it.

I hope to see you playing 2.0 in September--I'll be there. Until then, let's play some X-wing! I'll let you have initiative.