Vontoothskie

Medium bases potential issue

it appears many scum and rebel ships will now be "medium" base size, which is great!  judging by model size, this would make at least 5 rebel ships and 4 scum ship types "medium". each of these ships should have 2 complete conversions in the conversion kits, so 10 rebel medium bases and 8 scum respectively.

ive seen no indication of how many bases will be included, but im concerned they will not include enough to field those ships simultaneously.

anyone heard any indications on that?

Vontoothskie..... you are just the worlds biggest troll aren't you?

My understanding is the kits will have enough bases for every ship being converted in that kit.... unless someone else has heard otherwise.

13 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Is the TIE Silencer becoming medium?

Yes it is. (edit i have no idea why i said that, we have no idea until the first order conversion set is shown)

Edited by Icelom
I made **** up

Assuming relative point costs and point caps are the same, there isn't much to worry about. Between either Saw's or Reaper and a single conversion kit you're looking at at least 3 medium bases. If you really, really want to fly 4 fat ships (or maybe even 5?) then you can do what every fat swarm player has ever done and simply buy more stuff. It's not a problem for reapers or U-wings, so you're really only looking at Punishers, K-wings, Scurrgs and ARCs. None of which have ever had any real 4-ship synergy.

They're on record saying that the conversion kits will include enough medium bases for the ships in that kit. To me, that means that if the Rebel conversion kit has two U-Wing dials, two K-Wing dials and two ARC-170 dials, it will have six medium bases. If they get stingy with the necessary bases for the ships that are being "converted," then they can't really say that it's a conversion kit, can they?

Nah, gunboat is puny

Reaper, punisher 

K, arc, and U

Spray and (guessing because it makes sense) igs, jm5ks, and SCURRG

Jm5k arguably not as it's the "scum falcon", but the model IS as big as a SCURRG 

SCURRG is big 

Edited by ficklegreendice

7 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Nah, gunboat is puny

Reaper, punisher 

K, arc, and U

Spray and (guessing because it makes sense) igs, jm5ks, and SCURRG

Jm5k arguably not as it's the "scum falcon", but the model IS as big as a SCURRG 

SCURRG is big 

If you look at what's in each set, anything large of which there's three or more supported is automatically out. It's pretty clear there are only 2 actual medium bases in each conversion kit. I'm counting on:

ARC-170
K-wing
U-Wing
Lambda
Punisher
IG-2000
Kimogila
JM5K
Scurrg
Slave I

And probably the following for balance reasons:

Defender
Starviper

Plus these unknowns:

YT-2400 (but probably will be large)
HWK-290 (but probably will be small)

From what I've seen here, if I recall correctly, only some small base ships are going medium. No large base ships are going down to medium.

Apparently the medium base takes the large bottom peg, and then has a conversion peg on the top that ends in the small size.

So sadly, the U-wing stays large. Although I hope I'm wrong on this account.

Edited by Dax12387
Clarity

3 minutes ago, Dax12387 said:

From what I've seen here, if I recall correctly, only some small base ships are going medium. No large base ships are going down to medium.

Apparently the medium base takes the large bottom peg, and then has a conversion peg into the smaller peg on the top.

So sadly, the U-wing stays large. Although I hope I'm wrong on this account.

The hyperspace report explicitly said that the Firespray would definitely be downgraded to medium base. Chances are the U-wing will be too, from what's been said.

1 hour ago, Vontoothskie said:

right, so one third of what is required.

that is a collosal failure

Unless you're able and likely to play 4 or more in the same list AND you're getting only one conv kit AND you're getting no reaper or saw kits at all it might be mildly inconvenient. Stop.

Just stop.

2 hours ago, Vontoothskie said:

right, so one third of what is required.

that is a collosal failure

If there's 3 medium bases in a conversion kit, that'd most likely be enough to fly a full squad of most medium ships.  You might have a couple that you could fly four of (u-wing, which you'll already have 1 base for if you buy renegades).  If you buy multiple conversion kits, you'll have plenty.  But I'm all for not freaking out until we know for sure.

1 hour ago, Icelom said:

Vontoothskie..... you are just the worlds biggest troll aren't you?

My understanding is the kits will have enough bases for every ship being converted in that kit.... unless someone else has heard otherwise.

Yes it is. (edit i have no idea why i said that, we have no idea until the first order conversion set is shown)

Frank said on stream that the silencer was being resculpted becaues they didn't quite have the size right and he thought it stayed on a small base

43 minutes ago, Astech said:

The hyperspace report explicitly said that the Firespray would definitely be downgraded to medium base. Chances are the U-wing will be too, from what's been said.

The U-Wing is clearly on a medium base in the Covenant gameplay video with Alex Davey, they even exlicitly say this multiple times...

https://youtu.be/3TxiyKlHeSU

9 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

If there's 3 medium bases in a conversion kit, that'd most likely be enough to fly a full squad of most medium ships.  You might have a couple that you could fly four of (u-wing, which you'll already have 1 base for if you buy renegades).  If you buy multiple conversion kits, you'll have plenty.  But I'm all for not freaking out until we know for sure.

The whole conversion kits seem to be carefully crafted around the idea to sell one per player and not actually convert all ships included to their equivalent number of 2.0 expansions. Most likely because they want to decrease the value of 2nd hand 1.0 ships to increase the sales of their 2.0 ships which have this new 25% increased MSRP.  Meanwhile they do not want to piss off their old player base either, but the new one totally should find the 2.0 ships more interesting than just buying used 1.0 ships. 
I bet retail stores not gonna like this, because they still have a lot first edition stock. 

Having just enough bases for standard play would fit that theme as well. Looking forward to more details about those conversion kits.