Sign in to follow this  
weisguy119

Who’s sticking with 1st Ed. because they don’t want to remake all their custom cards?

I spent forever and a day designing, cutting, pasting and laminating tons and tons of pilot & upgrade cards and dials for lots and lots of 3D printed and custom ships for use in my home-brewed scenarios.  I really have no interest in redoing them all to work in the 2nd edition.  I’m far more likely to buy any new 2.0 models that I like and convert them to 1.0.

Edited by weisguy119

16 hours ago, weisguy119 said:

I spent forever and a day designing, cutting, pasting and laminating tons and tons of pilot & upgrade cards and dials for lots and lots of 3D printed and custom ships for use in my home-brewed scenarios.  I really have no interest in redoing them all to work in the 2nd edition.  I’m far more likely to buy any new 2.0 models that I like and convert them to 1.0.

If Strange Eons gets a V2 update, then I'll convert mine. For me that will mean several dozen cards but I'll enjoy doing it since I don't get to play as often as I would like and this will be a nice filler during dry spells.

Edited by Bullox

1 hour ago, Bullox said:

If Strange Eons gets a V2 update, then I'll convert mine. For me that will mean several dozen cards but I'll enjoy doing it since I don't get to play as often as I would like and this will be a nice filler during dry spells.

I made full, unique damage decks for all my custom Huge ships.  Including my custom small & large ship pilot cards and upgrades, I'd have literally hundreds of cards to redo.  Plus dials and markers.  Also, I'm a perfectionist.  So, they'd have to be meticulously cut, trimmed, pasted and laminated.  That's a ton of work that I'm not sure I want to bother with.

Edited by weisguy119

2 hours ago, weisguy119 said:

I made full, unique damage decks for all my custom Huge ships.  Including my custom small & large ship pilot cards and upgrades, I'd have literally hundreds of cards to redo.  Plus dials and markers.  Also, I'm a perfectionist.  So, they'd have to be meticulously cut, trimmed, pasted and laminated.  That's a ton of work that I'm not sure I want to bother with.

Yeah, that's a huge undertaking. I have custom cards, markers, dials etc for 5 ships but only one custom damage deck for my Firefly. Which reminds me, I never did make one for my pocket Star Destroyer.  So maybe 100 or so total.

Wait! I forgot about my space station WIP. I wonder if that needs a damage deck too. No, I'll probably keep that as simple as possible but it'll still need at least a few title, crew and other upgrade cards. Hmmm, things are adding up quickly.

50 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

I have my eye on customizing a whole Sepratist Faction when Strange Eons updates.

Might not need to.  Some think, with the separation of FO and Resistance into their own factions and the addition of Force powers, that Republic and Separatist factions may be added to the game in 2.0.

2 minutes ago, weisguy119 said:

Might not need to.  Some think, with the separation of FO and Resistance into their own factions and the addition of Force powers, that Republic and Separatist factions may be added to the game in 2.0.

The gunboat being added eventually didnt mean the gunboat thread ignored possible stats and pilot abilities.

Calculation tokens and sithy force users are an interesting design space I want to play in.

It seems like Epic is going to stick in 1st edition a little bit longer than competitive so nothing is out of date as of yet. But from what I heard there is plans to move Epic into 2.0.

I can see FFG releasing a Brown Rebel Transport as a GR-45 (A New Hope Special Edition) that for Scum will be the GR-45 but for Rebels will be the GR-75 but both are the same model with conversions for all 1st edition Huge ships. That way you don't have to spend $50 for each faction (again).

On 6/5/2019 at 7:41 PM, Parakitor said:

I'm all in on 2.0! I'm very excited to see what changes they make, and I'm excited that the conversion kit is supposedly going to bring huge ships to all factions.

I’m excited for Epic 2.0 too.  I’m particularly looking forward to official narrative/mission based play and squadron based movement.  Huge ships are of course the icing on the Epic cake 😊