Animewarsdude

New Information from Live Stream Today

2 minutes ago, Cr0aker said:

As long as the new upgrades are in the Resistance/FO conversion I'm still in.  If I have to buy another t-70/FO/etc for upgrades..... nope.

I'd hope that since those expansions will drop in wave 2 that the upgrades in those blisters would be the same as in the their conversion set. I think the example they gave was that they would likely have more/new Lambda pilots in that expansion when it comes out along with some ones in the conversion set. 

From the Team Covenant playthrough:

• Round tokens clear at the end of the end phase.  Non-round remain.  
  • No more blue target lock tokens?
  • Some abilities refer to "green tokens" so reinforce is probably affected as well.  And the game is future proofed to a greater degree.

1 minute ago, gamblertuba said:

• Round tokens clear at the end of the end phase.  Non-round remain.  
  • Some abilities refer to "green tokens" so reinforce is probably affected as well.  And the game is future proofed to a greater degree.

No more blue target locks, it is now based on your ship's ID token instead now. I think Alex said it was to keep things simpler and easier. 

4 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

No more blue target locks, it is now based on your ship's ID token instead now. I think Alex said it was to keep things simpler and easier. 

What other blue tokens are there besides cloak?

Posted (edited)

Notes from today's stream:

Action bombs are gone

Medium base takes the large peg.  Some pegs have small top, large bottom (tapered converter peg).  Same size sculpts.

They won’t go into exact specifics, but there will be a path to get new upgrades released in future waves without buying the ships.

FO and Resistance conversions are smaller (and cheaper) but will also have new upgrades.

Tried to keep costs down with the conversion kits vs individual packs.

1.0 Rocks/Debris legal

No release date on app

Transfer token is a cleaner concept to move tokens from ship to ship.  Did a lot of that clean-up.

FIRESPRAY HAS A 1 TURN instead of 3 turn.

App will be absolutely free.  Stated more firmly this time.  No micro-charges?

They may pull or pull elements from world champ cards.  The prior world champ cards use effects not in 2.0 so it may not happen.

Range 0 is touching or just yourself.  Saves on text.

Falcon gets a rework.  Didn’t need much love.  Chewie no longer immune to crits, but can mitigate them.

Tie advance has a 1 strait now.

Sub Titles:  Can have same character on different faction/timeline.   Can change subtitle to give different pilot ability or ship.

Half points on all base sizes

1st gen damage decks are gone

200pts is for design space.  Ties go from 12 to 24pts.

Edited by Cr0aker

Posted (edited)

They said there is a path to conversion. So the first conversion kit will not be the last conversion kit. So example (From Frank): Any new pilots/Upgrades that come out for the Lambda will be released in some form of a conversion kit. So you will not need to buy the new Lambda if you already own one. So You will need multiple conversion kits, but you'll buy them over time and they will be updated with new stuff.

Edited by FlyingAnchors

1 minute ago, FlyingAnchors said:

They said there is a path to conversion. So the first conversion kit will not be the last conversion kit. So example (From Frank): Any new pilots/Upgrades that come out for the Lambda will be released in some form of a conversion kit. So you will not need to buy the new Lambda if you already own one. So You will need multiple conversion kits, but you'll buy them over time and they will be updated with new stuff.

I like this, and the other information in this thread. 

This is minor, but I wonder what Guri's pilot ability will be. As a droid, I feel like they'll want to switch her ability to use the new calculate tokens like IG-88. But that'll make it worse, and Guri was already a very well-balanced pilot. They could change it to give one calculate token for each enemy ship at range 0-1, but that might feel too much like Boba Fett's ability. Hmm. (Guri's one of my most-flown pilots.)

Just now, TheHumanHydra said:

This is minor, but I wonder what Guri's pilot ability will be. As a droid, I feel like they'll want to switch her ability to use the new calculate tokens like IG-88. But that'll make it worse, and Guri was already a very well-balanced pilot. They could change it to give one calculate token for each enemy ship at range 0-1, but that might feel too much like Boba Fett's ability. Hmm. (Guri's one of my most-flown pilots.)

That or they change her ability like they did for Biggs, Luke, of Vader. They did mention that droids have a good ability to generate Calculate tokens. One of the commentators said as much when he was playtesting twin IG-88s. 

20 minutes ago, gamblertuba said:

All ships now have an #ID number. Only the red target lock is used, which matches the #ID on the ship.

Note that if you have bought pairs of acrylic numbered tokens, it may be possible to still use them. One player would use the "reds" and the other player would use the "blues"

1 minute ago, ficklegreendice said:

yeah but that means I can't just trundle up to Vader or other higher initiative pilots and smack em across the face with conners :(

I'm pretty sure they mentioned that they didn't want to see that done, they wanted to give players a chance to try and avoid getting hit or reacting to the bomb rather than just having a player smacked in the face with little to do reactively. I think they very much want to focus on having it where piloting is the main part of the new edition. 

20 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

Will we still be able to use the old tokens? I don't know if I want to play a game where I can't use the blue QQ token for Omega Leader.

59 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

snip 

Resistance and First Order Conversion sets will cost less and have more conversions for the ships that are in the faction. 

For linked actions, if you cannot perform the linked action you don't get the stress action. Example being the Focus into a Boost and you can't perform the Boost you don't get the stress token.

This right here just kind of seals it for me.  I can and will nitpick (I would love a third Gunboat conversion instead of a third Decimator).  But it really seems like FFG is trying to do right by 1st edition players.  Having a lower price point for FO and Resistance conversions makes sense but they didn't really have to.

Just now, PhantomFO said:

Will we still be able to use the old tokens? I don't know if I want to play a game where I can't use the blue QQ token for Omega Leader.

Casually probably, or possibly someone mentioned above that you might be able to have one side use the blue ones while you use the red ones. I'd imagine they want to keep stuff the same for tournament play but they also clearly want to have people to use what they have too so...not too sure.

Just now, gamblertuba said:

This right here just kind of seals it for me.  I can and will nitpick (I would love a third Gunboat conversion instead of a third Decimator).  But it really seems like FFG is trying to do right by 1st edition players.  Having a lower price point for FO and Resistance conversions makes sense but they didn't really have to.

You do get a 3rd gunboat instead of 3 Decimators, they had a typo and corrected it today.