Sign in to follow this  
D34d guru

Are the conversion kits a scam?

If i am not mistaking, looking at the number off pilot cards per type off model there is a Lack off completeness.

Where Will the remaining unique pilots Be Found?

Long story short, we Will have to buy all new models as well.

So as all kapitalistic multinationals, lies to make ppl  empty their pockets

Edited by D34d guru

If i am not mistaking, looking at the number off pilot cards per type off model there is a Lack off completeness.

We don't currently know how many pilots there are for each ship in the conversion kits. We do know that all the pilots in the new blisters are also in the Conversion Kits.

2 minutes ago, XCoconutMonkey06X said:

So I noticed that the conversion kits list just Grey sleeves required. Does that mean there are no upgrade cards included? Does that mean all my current upgrade cards are not worthless? Or are those remaining legal?

None of the cardboard or cards from 1e are legal at all except obstacles and most of the movement templates.

There are upgrade cards but they are the same size as the pilot cards.

Just now, thespaceinvader said:

None of the cardboard or cards from 1e are legal at all except obstacles and most of the movement templates.

There are upgrade cards but they are the same size as the pilot cards.

Ahhhh, ok. Thanks for the clarification. 

Standalones are advertised to have the SAME cards as the conversion set

Just have new (hopefully better) models

They're there for new players and anyone who wants but doesn't have more of whatever model than the Conversion box can convert

Now this is just wave 1 stuff, it's most likely open season afterwards

But if none of the 120 whatever conversion cards are competitive  afterwards...well ffg dun goofed 

7 minutes ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

A lot of pilots are just going away.

Yep. Same goes for upgrades. We know VI and PTL are dead. Extra Munitions seems unnecessary now that ordnance comes with charges. I'll be surprised if Guidance Chips are still a thing. This is a great chance for the designers to trim away a lot of the fat that built up over 14 waves, and it looks like things will be leaner going into the future.

"So for many of us the first wave will consist of ships that we already have. We are pretty sure that these re-releases will still have new content in them though, like pilots and upgrades that are not in the Conversion Kits, as well as the aforementioned re-sculpt factor. We already know that the new X-wing has moving S-Foils and the new Y-wing looks incredible, so…"

This is from team covenant review... https://teamcovenant.com/learning/star-wars-x-wing/everything-need-know-x-wing-second-edition-x2-reboot

I know "wave 1 second edition" cards will be included in the Kit... but reading the review of team covenant says something different....  Example: will a Tie Defender Second Edition have additional Upgrades/Pilots not found in the COnverted Tie Defender ?   

1 hour ago, D34d guru said:

Where Will the remaining unique pilots Be Found?

Long story short, we Will have to buy all new models as well.

So as all kapitalistic multinationals, lies to make ppl  empty their pockets

Go away troll with only 21 posts. Use your real account. 

I'm assuming that "X-Wing Second Edition" begins with the new core set.

If you want to update your X-Wing First Edition collection to work with the new Second Edition core set, you'll need to buy the conversion kits. Then you'll be caught up to X-Wing 2.0.

I'm assuming that Second Edition then expands on the core set with the Wave I expansions -- and I'm expecting to see new pilots and upgrades in those packs that are not found in the 2.0 core or conversion kits. I'm expecting Wave I to be "X-Wing 2.1" and adding new features.  (Cool. Looks like that's not the case, and some veterans can skip Wave I.)

Edited by DagobahDave

but if i want to get these "new Pilots/Upgrades" i will still need to get the 2nd Ed. Ship Packs... so what does the Conversion kit brings ?

Edited by christizzz

7 minutes ago, christizzz said:

but if i want to get these "new Pilots/Upgrades" i will still need to get the 2nd Ed. Ship Packs... so what does the Conversion kit brings ?

...no you don't

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing-second-edition/products/btl-a4-y-wing-expansion-pack/

The BTL-A4 Y-Wing Expansion Pack includes a beautifully pre-painted miniature and all the ship and upgrade cards you need to incorporate this powerful ship into your Rebel squadron. In addition, the BTL-A4 Y-Wing Expansion Pack contains a few entirely new cards that have never before appeared in the game's first edition.

These new cards and associated punchboard are also included in the Rebel Alliance Conversion Kit for the benefit of veteran players!

Still not a clear answer. I GET That EVERYTHING is included for wave 1.... what abt wave 2 ?  wave 3 ?will the Conversion Kits have them too ? even the new cards .

Will the Cards for The Tie Defender be the same  in the conversion kit AND the future rerelease of the Tie Defender.... 

Edited by christizzz
Added Question