GrimmyV

Hey, remember what FFG said about ‘cardboard only’ expacs?

Yeah, they said they weren’t doing it.

then Armada came out with an awesome campaign pack, and X-wing still wasn’t getting cardboard only.

but now it seems it was all LIES, DECEPTION because they were just waiting to hold our little plastic toy spaceships hostage until you paid the cardboard tax.  

2.0 looks great, and seems to have fixed many issues people have had with the game since wave one, but, come on, 50 bucks for 2 GUNBOAT conversions?    TWO??!!!!   NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

wait, I see it now.  GUNBOAT was the Messiah, the herald of the End Times.  It was in the (technically) last full 1.0 wave (it was two ‘waves’ smashed into one) and now we have a totally new game.   Wow.   Well played FFG, well played.

still, you totally lied about cardboard only packs.

Just now, GrimmyV said:

then Armada came out with an awesome campaign pack, and X-wing still wasn’t getting cardboard only.

but now it seems it was all LIES, DECEPTION because they were just waiting to hold our little plastic toy spaceships hostage until you paid the cardboard tax.  

2.0 looks great, and seems to have fixed many issues people have had with the game since wave one, but, come on, 50 bucks for 2 GUNBOAT conversions?    TWO??!!!!   NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

wait, I see it now.  GUNBOAT was the Messiah, the herald of the End Times.  It was in the (technically) last full 1.0 wave (it was two ‘waves’ smashed into one) and now we have a totally new game.   Wow.   Well played FFG, well played.

To be fair, the "awesome campaign pack" for Armada is much less popular than sales make it seem.

I believe I'm right in saying that most players only bought it for the new squadron variants included.

Don't lynch me for this, but I'm also pretty certain this is why Y-Wing sell out so quickly. Not for the Y-Wing itself, but for the TLT included.

1 minute ago, Indy_com said:

To be fair, the "awesome campaign pack" for Armada is much less popular than sales make it seem.

I believe I'm right in saying that most players only bought it for the new squadron variants included.

Don't lynch me for this, but I'm also pretty certain this is why Y-Wing sell out so quickly. Not for the Y-Wing itself, but for the TLT included.

There is no TLT in the Y-wing expac.  It’s in K-wing and TIE Aggressor.

Just now, GrimmyV said:

There is no TLT in the Y-wing expac.  It’s in K-wing and TIE Aggressor.

My mistake.

I read somewhere on here that something in the Y-Wing pack was desirable, more so than everything else included.

Clearly I forgot what it actually was that people wanted from the pack.

2 minutes ago, Indy_com said:

My mistake.

I read somewhere on here that something in the Y-Wing pack was desirable, more so than everything else included.

Clearly I forgot what it actually was that people wanted from the pack.

It’s Horton.  Horton hotness since wave one has rocked the Meta.  The only reason Phantoms stood a chance was the lack of EPT.   Now with Horton 2.0 he’s gonna be unstoppable!

horton, the original phat turret.

2 minutes ago, nexttwelveexits said:

A conversion pack isn't really the same thing an expansion pack. It's just making all the 1.0 models 2.0-compatible.

Arguably this is similar to Most Wanted, a conversion kit that offered up enoug cardboard to convert several ships over to a new faction.  But FFG still felt the need to include plastic in the box as well.  And FFG staff were on the record as saying the business model for putting cardboard updates/fixes in a box without models was not feasible.  I guess rolling out a new 2.0 tax edition has made it feasible.

18 minutes ago, GrimmyV said:

Arguably this is similar to Most Wanted, a conversion kit that offered up enoug cardboard to convert several ships over to a new faction.  But FFG still felt the need to include plastic in the box as well.  And FFG staff were on the record as saying the business model for putting cardboard updates/fixes in a box without models was not feasible.  I guess rolling out a new 2.0 tax edition has made it feasible.

Most Wanted was expanding the game to include a whole new faction. This is about letting you play the new game with your existing collection, which is a different situation.

I mean... kinda splitting hairs, I know, but it doesn't seem inconsistent to me at all. I think a 2nd edition with no conversion packs, meaning buying everything from scratch, would cause a lot more bad feeling in the community and lead to a lot more people quitting for good.

Edited by nexttwelveexits

34 minutes ago, GrimmyV said:

I have never seen anywhere where FFG actually said they would never do it. I saw they weren't planning on it, but never anything that said they would NEVER do it. I realize that had been going around a lot on the forums but, again, I don't remember any official communication stating it as such.

2 minutes ago, PastrySandwich said:

I have never seen anywhere where FFG actually said they would never do it. I saw they weren't planning on it, but never anything that said they would NEVER do it. I realize that had been going around a lot on the forums but, again, I don't remember any official communication stating it as such.

Agreed.

Also things can change.... How is that so hard to understand.

As a completist I know I’m gonna get the new core plus all the initial conversions, that’s almost 200 bucks.  After that I don’t see a need to buy any more ships even if they are being released in awesome packaging.  So I guess after the initial 2.0 purchases plus the (hopefully cheaper) TFA faction kits I’m probably done buying X-wing, save for the occasional new TIEs from the yearly movie releases.

1 minute ago, Icelom said:

Agreed.

Also things can change.... How is that so hard to understand.

Sometimes people exaggerate their responses for comedic effect when creating saterical works.

also I’m feeling too lazy to search for the emails and posts that FFG made it clear that no cardboard-only sets were being released for the game.   I guess that was true, since 2.0 is a new game, from a certain point of view.

Also, WHERE IS BEN KENOBI???!!!!

As you say, it's a new game, not a 2.0 but a second edition (ok, it sound the same, but it's slightly different, 2.0 is more like what we got when they released the TFA starter box).

I'm very happy they did the conversion kit, if it wasn't the case, i would have stopped playing the game in tournaments and it would mean stop playing the game untill my unborn kids are grown up enough for it.

I just hope they'll keep releasing cards an token kits latter on because i doubt they'll re-release the old ships without adding new upgrades.

Also, i'm very curious about how many upgrades the kits includes.

Do you get your crack for free or do you pay for it? If you pay tell your dealer it's really bad... Be should be ashamed

Edited by flooze