Sign in to follow this  
Xalendar

[RoT] A nice PDF/JPEG map of the realms

I am starting to GM in the Realm of Terrinoth and I think we lack a very useful resource: a nice map we can print. Does FFG intend to release the map in the book as a support/player resource ?

I would like a scale to the maps too! ?

For my planned campaign, I am thinking of using the Runebound board as the sandbox map for my party to explore. That covers just southern Terrinoth though, so detailed maps of the other regions are still very much needed.

Exactly drainsmith, but my concern is about copyright and legal stuff (as Doomgrin75). An official support document from FFG would be better, but thanks for the jpeg ?

while drainsmith posted the full size map that's available in the RoT book, I'd actually like something along the lines of a composite map of the nearly twice as large maps that are in each individual zone description

for those that don't have the book - there's a section of the RoT book that breaks down the Realms (of Terrinoth and the surrounding countrysides) into smaller, regional descriptions, with their own minor bestiaries for those respective regions - each one of those sections has a much larger, somewhat more detailed map of that particular region, which is about double the size of the "world" map that you can find in the beginning and end of the RoT book

now, if someone could just compile all those images into a nearly double size map, we'd have a little more detail to work with

although, the REAL winner would be something like the old-school Greyhawk Boxed Set Map - loved that thing - with the whole world rendered out in brightly colored regions and divided up with hexes so that you could get a real sense of scale

On 5/4/2018 at 10:24 PM, Tex1013 said:

while drainsmith posted the full size map that's available in the RoT book, I'd actually like something along the lines of a composite map of the nearly twice as large maps that are in each individual zone description

for those that don't have the book - there's a section of the RoT book that breaks down the Realms (of Terrinoth and the surrounding countrysides) into smaller, regional descriptions, with their own minor bestiaries for those respective regions - each one of those sections has a much larger, somewhat more detailed map of that particular region, which is about double the size of the "world" map that you can find in the beginning and end of the RoT book

now, if someone could just compile all those images into a nearly double size map, we'd have a little more detail to work with

although, the REAL winner would be something like the old-school Greyhawk Boxed Set Map - loved that thing - with the whole world rendered out in brightly colored regions and divided up with hexes so that you could get a real sense of scale

I just tried to do exactly that. It doesn't work. There are missing parts and a contiguous map cannot be created.

EDIT: Proof m84C5Vn.gif

Edited by drainsmith
Added gif

Quote that's pretty good (okay, the quote tool doesn't work at all the way I expected it to)

the blank space that is terrinoth that you're missing - isn't that on page 139 of the RoT book? fill that in (has terrinoth and the aymhelin forest area with the same level of detail as the other small maps) and I think you've got it - slip that in, put it all in a pdf, and you'll be our new hero

I only ask, because I have no idea HOW you managed to put those images together, but I'll bet it involves an imaging program that I don't currently possess

Edited by Tex1013

11 hours ago, Tex1013 said:

Quote that's pretty good (okay, the quote tool doesn't work at all the way I expected it to)

the blank space that is terrinoth that you're missing - isn't that on page 139 of the RoT book? fill that in (has terrinoth and the aymhelin forest area with the same level of detail as the other small maps) and I think you've got it - slip that in, put it all in a pdf, and you'll be our new hero

I only ask, because I have no idea HOW you managed to put those images together, but I'll bet it involves an imaging program that I don't currently possess

That map isn't the same style. I tried to force it into the rest of this but it still doesn't fit. Even with that, there are still large parts that are missing. Trust me when I say it can't be done.