Astech

2.0 - Why Buy Saw's Renegades Now?

It seems that the Saw's renegades pack will be entirely invalidated - aside from the models and bases themselves - a few months after release. I might still pick up a pack to enjoy the pivoting X-wing wings, but otherwise it's a moot pack.

On the topic of 2.0, I called it up to and including faction-based conversion kits and a squad-building app with shifting point values. That makes me happy. It seems like 2.0 is instituting a great deal of very impressive mechanics that'll raise the skill ceiling from 'Miranda' to ' Unkar Plutt', so I'm all for it.

2 minutes ago, Krodarklorr said:

But, the previews are all for 1st edition. It's still irrelevant now.

Well they weren't going to spoil their big announcement. 

You can see Saw's Renegades and the Reaper in 2nd Edition action on the TC playthrough:

My question to the topic is why the big articles all the buzz and we get to play with the new ships and upgrades for 4 months? Just seems like they could have waited. Now on the plus side I like that they are dual releases 1.0 and 2.0

8 minutes ago, Krodarklorr said:

But, the previews are all for 1st edition. It's still irrelevant now.

It is nice to know they will have 2.0 stuff mixed in, however.

Wave XIV has everything you need to fully incorporate each expansion into 2.0. 

34 minutes ago, Astech said:

It seems that the Saw's renegades pack will be entirely invalidated - aside from the models and bases themselves - a few months after release. I might still pick up a pack to enjoy the pivoting X-wing wings, but otherwise it's a moot pack.

Tut tut.  Someone hasn't read all the release material today.

On 5/2/2018 at 7:08 AM, Pooleman said:

Wave XIV has everything you need to fully incorporate each expansion into 2.0. 

Partially true. 

The conversion kits allow you to play the ships, but only with half the pilots. Further pilots will be sold with the individual expansions later. Its likely the best pilots are being held for sale later, so expect to pay twice to convert fully

21 minutes ago, Vontoothskie said:

Partially true. 

The conversion kits allow you to play the ships, but only with half the pilots. Further pilots will be sold with the individual expansions later. Its likely the best pilots are being held for sale later, so expect to pay twice to convert fully

If you read the context of the statement you quoted, you would see that he is referring to Saw's Renegades and the Reaper pack.