LHyoda

Where did we all get so entitled?

17 minutes ago, Unremarkable Cardboard Box said:

Because getting price gouged and having to pay around $100 dollars to simply play 4 X-wings again isn't really "entitled." 

You can still play them in Version 1.0 ....thats what you paid for.  You're not entitled to play them in version 2.0 unless you pony up the cost to play the new version. To think otherwise is a sense of entitlement.

4 minutes ago, DesignXception said:

You can still play them in Version 1.0 ....thats what you paid for.  You're not entitled to play them in version 2.0 unless you pony up the cost to play the new version. To think otherwise is a sense of entitlement.

I have no problem putting up more cash. But the amount of cash is too high and is predatory. Like hey, do you want to play Rebels AND Imperials? 100 bucks for a box of cardboard. Need a few more dials? Well, loyal customer, that is another $50 and the vast majority of that will be stuff you don't need (like 4 HWK dials)! I'm not saying this should be free, but it seems like the product purposefully skips out on things. Seriously, they didn't even include a damage deck.  It is like Day 1 DLC. And Lord help you if you want to play all 5 factions. 

4 minutes ago, Unremarkable Cardboard Box said:

I have no problem putting up more cash. But the amount of cash is too high and is predatory. Like hey, do you want to play Rebels AND Imperials? 100 bucks for a box of cardboard. Need a few more dials? Well, loyal customer, that is another $50 and the vast majority of that will be stuff you don't need (like 4 HWK dials)! I'm not saying this should be free, but it seems like the product purposefully skips out on things. Seriously, they didn't even include a damage deck.  It is like Day 1 DLC. And Lord help you if you want to play all 5 factions. 

This. All of this. 

Also why do these forum dwelling trolls that haven't touched the game in 6 months think they can shove us around for not having some valid concerns about the game? "Shut up bro, 2.0 is new and cool, like it or you're just entitled". No, your full of bantha poodoo. Take off the rose colored glasses.

37 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Look, I'm excited for 2.0.  I think the game needs it.  But let's be honest about the massive sticker shock and upfront costs.

It'll take two conversion sets to get a lot of fairly common lists like 3 Auzitucks, 3 Defenders, and 3 Starvipers, while there are ships like Decimators and Quadjumpers listed as 3x copies instead of 2x like many more popular ships.  So a lot of what most folks want to play will require multiple kits.  And then there will be Resistance/First Order conversions in the next wave, and the need to get a new damage deck from a core set.  At minimum, one of each conversion and a core set is ~$190 MSRP, and a lot of players could be looking at another ~$250 in conversions, if indeed there are separate Resistance/FO and folks need two of each.

That's over $400 in *just cardboard and resources* to use ships we already own.

I want it and I'm glad it's happening.  It's still a considerable chunk of money.

*edit*

Also, it's a large lump-sup, upfront cost.  Collections are often built a few ships at a time.  Grab a gunboat or two to start off.  Add a Sheathipede a few weeks later.  Oh, this Bomber is on sale.  The wave adds up over time, but that's not how things start.  Initial outlay is relevant, even if total costs over time are similar.

Well what seens obvius to mee is that with the mechanics change (iniciative, turrents, etc) we will have a lot of pilots/ships that didnt have a chance to fly in the meta as a viable option, not to say new ones (you even have a tie fighter that can absorve damage from a friend). So is pretty obvious that the common lists will not be common anymore, you may even find new broken things that make some lists much better than others, but will probably be new broken things, not the same as 1.0. So i think you will have much better things to fly than 3 of the same ship, be it auzitucks, defenders or whatever. Anyways if you realy need it (after all , you have 3 copies of the ship) you can always trade with someone that have only one and have a not used conversion to that ship.

20 minutes ago, Unremarkable Cardboard Box said:

Imma need about tree-fiddy for all 5 factions.

55 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Look, I'm excited for 2.0.  I think the game needs it.  But let's be honest about the massive sticker shock and upfront costs.

It'll take two conversion sets to get a lot of fairly common lists like 3 Auzitucks, 3 Defenders, and 3 Starvipers, while there are ships like Decimators and Quadjumpers listed as 3x copies instead of 2x like many more popular ships.  So a lot of what most folks want to play will require multiple kits.  And then there will be Resistance/First Order conversions in the next wave, and the need to get a new damage deck from a core set.  At minimum, one of each conversion and a core set is ~$190 MSRP, and a lot of players could be looking at another ~$250 in conversions, if indeed there are separate Resistance/FO and folks need two of each.

That's over $400 in *just cardboard and resources* to use ships we already own.

I want it and I'm glad it's happening.  It's still a considerable chunk of money.

*edit*

Also, it's a large lump-sup, upfront cost.  Collections are often built a few ships at a time.  Grab a gunboat or two to start off.  Add a Sheathipede a few weeks later.  Oh, this Bomber is on sale.  The wave adds up over time, but that's not how things start.  Initial outlay is relevant, even if total costs over time are similar.

Yep, it's sticker shock.  I haven't decided yet if I'm going with 2.0. It's not an affordability issue for me, it's that the vast majority of my play time these days is HotAC, so I'm not sure I want to drop $250 to bring my playable collection current (around 80 ships).  However, realistically it's going to work out to roughly $3 per ship to bring them current, and honestly that's not unreasonable.

I think it's also going to be fairly easy to purchase and sell what you need on the secondary market. If I bring my collection current, I have no need for any ships after wave 7, so those extras will be hitting ebay and hopefully offsetting the cost.

I suspect things will calm down but in the meantime enjoy the outrage, and those outraged by the outrage. The more things change around here, the more they stay the same.

15 minutes ago, galahadba said:

Well what seens obvius to mee is that with the mechanics change (iniciative, turrents, etc) we will have a lot of pilots/ships that didnt have a chance to fly in the meta as a viable option, not to say new ones (you even have a tie fighter that can absorve damage from a friend). So is pretty obvious that the common lists will not be common anymore, you may even find new broken things that make some lists much better than others, but will probably be new broken things, not the same as 1.0. So i think you will have much better things to fly than 3 of the same ship, be it auzitucks, defenders or whatever. Anyways if you realy need it (after all , you have 3 copies of the ship) you can always trade with someone that have only one and have a not used conversion to that ship.

No. That's supposed to end here, not re-enable it. My meta list shouldn't look a Rebels crossover episode with TFA, It should look like the battle of Endor, or Yavin, or something out of X-wing alliance.

I mean, complaining about prices is just a basic part of human nature. Obviously a lot of people feel like these prices are very steep. Not stupid steep, or people would simply laugh and walk away, but these prices are set at the very end of the "I can afford that" spectrum. They're *high*.

And they're not very user-friendly in the way they're packaged. There's a lot of stuff in the packs that I don't want, or won't need multiples of, so I'll be paying for a lot of content that will be useless to me. It would have been nice to have a 'build your own' option where you could add in multiples of whatever you needed and have FFG package it and post it out for you.

I don't think it makes a person entitled to point these things out, even if they might get a bit hyperbolic in doing so.

2 minutes ago, Chucknuckle said:

I mean, complaining about prices is just a basic part of human nature. Obviously a lot of people feel like these prices are very steep. Not stupid steep, or people would simply laugh and walk away, but these prices are set at the very end of the "I can afford that" spectrum. They're *high*.

And they're not very user-friendly in the way they're packaged. There's a lot of stuff in the packs that I don't want, or won't need multiples of, so I'll be paying for a lot of content that will be useless to me. It would have been nice to have a 'build your own' option where you could add in multiples of whatever you needed and have FFG package it and post it out for you.

I don't think it makes a person entitled to point these things out, even if they might get a bit hyperbolic in doing so.

2 month's after release you'll be able to buy all the YT-2400, VCX-100 and YT-1300 conversion kits you want, but won't be able to find that one Y-wing kit you need.

Not everyone is going to be able to, our want to shell out money day one for all factions. I fly all 3. I am not going to need all 60+ ships and multiple pilots right away. I couldn't field them all at once anyways! ?

I see two things happening for most people with a modest budget: they are going to have to choose a faction and only play that one until they can afford the next one. 

Secondly, people who need more conversions for a specific ship type are going to have to trade via friends/Facebook/trade threads etc. Or go to ebay.

There are a lot of reasonable folks out here. It's just the loudest people making all the noise. 

5 minutes ago, Chucknuckle said:

Except for people like me who will get economies of scale because I need everything and it would be insanely expensive to purchase individual upgrade kits most likely.

Basically, there is no way to please everyone. I am glad its large full conversion kits, it suits my needs. 

Just now, FlyingAnchors said:

2 month's after release you'll be able to buy all the YT-2400, VCX-100 and YT-1300 conversion kits you want, but won't be able to find that one Y-wing kit you need.

Yup. Imma need like, six or seven X Wing kits, four A Wings, four B Wings, etc etc. But only one YT-1300. Only one HWK. And none of the more esoteric EU ships like the Auzituck or the Shadowcaster, the ARC, or what-have-you. I'm basically an OT player with a few extras here and there, and I like to play large games. So to buy everything I need to update to 2.0 would be like, $350 to $400 USD, about $600 AUD. Considering when 40K updates an edition I can get a new box with new minis, new rulebooks and a new codex for less than half that... AND then I'm set for purchases until the next edition...

X Wing just got a lot more expensive than 40K. Which is really, REALLY saying something.

Honestly, for $50 bucks as far as "hobby expenses" are concerned is pretty reasonable, especially with plenty of lead time to know when you'll quote-unquote "have" to buy them. The issue is mostly if you were going to push the extreme limits of running multiple copies of some ships, which may or may not be as keen a strategy depending on how the new point system shakes out. I saw somebody elsewhere post about a guy who owns like, 20 TIE Fighters. The game doesn't officially support running that many TIE Fighters so yeah, you're SOL on conversions. FFG also does seem to be real keen on the "no need to cross faction buy". Some people fluctuate or buy a little of everything, but that's also expensive, all things considered. 

And sure, if you do have a robust collection and like to fly a variety of things which will require multiple kits to run and can't afford that right away, that's probably okay too. The game has been out for 5 years, some people have had a lot of time to assemble their collection, you can't expect to retread all that instantly. 

Edited by UnitOmega

1 hour ago, LHyoda said:

Is this not what the forums have cried for for years? And now the same group is crying about the cost for it. Was it supposed to be free? 

You bought a product from a business, and you had a lot of fun with it, now the same business is offering you a new, potentially more fun way to play, and they're evil.

"How dare you spend a year developing/manufacturing this and not sell it for even cheaper."

"Why doesn't the box have exactly how many b wings I bought??"

Being frustrated at a mechanic, tournament structure, unbalanced gamestate, those are fair to argue, because you bought in with expections of that being continued or maintained (Maybe). But please don't be insulting towards a company or individuals when discussing their new product, because it's fair to say this is a new product with backwards compatible parts.

I think the humorous part is having to pay to continue playing chuffs many folks, but if nothing changed, the same people would continue to shell out $$hundreds to continue playing.

At least 2e is doing away with the **** policy of having upgrades everyone wants only in specific ships for factions many folks don't play. It's worth the $90 to me to 1. continue playing and (more importantly) 2. adopting a sales approach that doesn't penalize folks who aren't 100% collectors.

I am not crying about anything but do no I have only played 20 games but spent 3k on the **** game and I am curious were it is heading. Like most new players, we didn’t expect to walk into a $hit storm of cr@p that could not be used. We then proceed to make said stuff better only to find it didn’t work. 

I am thrilled about the final chang, but if this cost me another $500 to convert all my 36 Squadrons I prebuilt it isn’ the end of the world. However, if it cost me $1k they can.....

3 hours ago, LHyoda said:

Is this not what the forums have cried for for years? And now the same group is crying about the cost for it.

Thanks for your post. However, there is not much of an overlap between the two groups you mentioned. Many complaining are either known to do so all the time or new.

2 hours ago, Unremarkable Cardboard Box said:

$1.50 per dial, added cards for free, is too much?