Hawkstrike

Consolidated X-Wing 2.0 Changes Thread

4 hours ago, librarian101 said:

No automatic alt text available.

So R@D@ is just a better version of the new R2

I like how they handled the maneuver mod astromech, tough I wish it was slightly more clear if it’s just reducing by one difficulty step. Allows it to be usable, but not OP in ships with slow special maneuvers. As it is, I am 99% certain the scum bomber title said ‘unique only’ was that Unhinged would have given it green Talons.

As for ion weapons, I think they are trying to make it a bit harder to permanently ionize a target, while still allowing them to affect larger ships. Getting ion walked off the mat when you can’t defend yourself is frustrating. So, now they need 2 uncancelled, which is still a low bar to reach.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned by Boba Crew has been changed:

Setup: Start in Reserve. 
At the end of setup, place yourself at range 0 of an obstacle and beyond range 3 of an enemy ship. 

Someone thought that removing upgrade cards was a bit strong huh?

I did a bit of software-supported counting, and I believe this is what we will find in the Rebel Conversion kit:

- 4 uniques and 2x2 generics for X-wing and Y-wing

- 2 uniques and 2xnumberOfDials generics per small ship

- 2 uniques nad 1xnumberOfDials generics per medium ship

- 2 uniques and 1xnumberOfDials generics per large ship

- 2 uniques per unique-only ships (ARC, Phantom I and II, TIE)

Just two pilots, or 1 pilot per dial, for unique-only ship sounds concerning, but this is in my opinion the most logical combination that returns 84 pilot cards.

Edited by eMeM
typo

1 hour ago, Viktus106 said:

Sorry if this has already been mentioned by Boba Crew has been changed:

Setup: Start in Reserve. 
At the end of setup, place yourself at range 0 of an obstacle and beyond range 3 of an enemy ship. 

Someone thought that removing upgrade cards was a bit strong huh?

Range 0? Does this mean you need to be on the obstacle?

6 hours ago, Forgottenlore said:

Anyone else think it odd that new ion weapons can “hit” but place no ion tokens?

I'm not a fan of the new system.  I get what they were going for, but it really reduces Ion's effectiveness against anything with a fair number of agility or defensive mods. 

30 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

I'm not a fan of the new system.  I get what they were going for, but it really reduces Ion's effectiveness against anything with a fair number of agility or defensive mods. 

A fair number of stacked defense mods have also been kicked out, so I guess we'll have to wait until we can really compare.

Edited by Giledhil

54 minutes ago, PoorGreedo said:

Range 0? Does this mean you need to be on the obstacle?

I would suspect you need to start touching it 

52 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

As people have said, a ton of defense has been removed.

Evade tokens no longer add an evade result, they allow you to change one of your dice results. Reinforce reduces damage to a minimum of 1. Elusive EPT allows you to spend a charge to re-roll a evade dice. Also, less ships have the evade action and if they do, it's not linked (no more push the limit.)

So whilst you may believe that Ion effectiveness is reduced, I think you are still in the "version 1" mind set of Soontir Fel with four agility (stealth device), two focus tokens, an evade token and auto thrusters, so essentially a potential five evade results, in 2.0:

Soontir only gets a focus if he has you in his bullseye arc.
No autothrusters
No stealth device
Evade token only changes a dice.

So Soontir can only, ONLY manage a max of three evades and won't have Focus + Evade unless he gets you in his bullseye arc. Therefore,  a focus'd Y wing with Soontir at range one is rolling four dice against Soontir (as turrets now have range bonus) meaning he is more likely to get hit, especially since there is no autothrusters. 

Now, even if you manage four hits and he rolls a natural three evades, Soontir is taking a hit and he still only has three hull. 

If anything, I think Ion is more viable now. 

24 minutes ago, Viktus106 said:

Soontir only gets a focus if he has you in his bullseye arc.
No autothrusters
No stealth device

Actually Stealth Device still exists in 2.0 and it is essentially unchanged. 

But I otherwise generally agree with your post.

Edited by J1mBob

5 hours ago, Ravenhull said:

I like how they handled the maneuver mod astromech, tough I wish it was slightly more clear if it’s just reducing by one difficulty step.

I suspect that will be covered in the rulebook. The way it’s worded “decrease the difficulty...” sounds like they mean for doing that to be a mechanic they use repeatedly. 

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:22 PM, madquest8 said:

I honestly cannot describe how angry these changes make me. I will never spend another penny on FFG. I assume they think they can stay afloat purely on new players, because I see a lot of old ones throwing in the towel at this point. So many new rules that I don't like, and I have to pay out £200+ in order to continue playing at all??

See ya.

Image result for well, bye meme

Cross-posted from another thread.

If I wanted to play a 2.0-like game right now while using the ships, ship cards, and upgrade cards from 1.0, I'd recommend the following house rules for a "1.X" game:

1. Separate the factions (Resistance, First Order now separate factions).

2. Drop some cross-faction ships: Firespray only Scum, Scurrg only Scum.

3. Ban the following cards: VI, Adaptability, Push the Limit, TLT, Harpoon Missiles, Guidance Chips, Autothrusters, Sabine Wren (crew), Cad Bane (crew), Bomblet Generator, all Mines, Extra Munitions, Gunner, Luke Skywalker (crew), IG-88D (crew), "Genius", A-Wing Test Pilot, Engine Upgrade. Some cards may need to be faction limited (e.g. Trajectory Simulator: B/SF Only).

4. All missiles/torps keep their target lock or focus. All get an Extra Munitions token.

5. TIE Interceptors, A-wings, TIE Silencer, Fang Fighter all get a second red action from their action bar after performing a Focus Action (essentially built-in PTL, but must start from Focus).

6. Cannon and turret secondary weapons get range bonuses/penalties. Blaster turret does not spend Focus.

7. All turrets are mobile arcs (approximate from the arc hashes you have -- you can measure backward from the current arcs, use a token to indicate what arc you are in). Ships with a turret all get the Rotate Arc action.

8. Evade tokens now just change green dice rather than adding results.

9. Regen ships/droids get up to their ship's shield value in tokens (max: 3) placed on them to indicate the number of times they may regen, and get a weapons disabled token when they do regen.

10. All bombs are drop on reveal only. All get an Extra Munitions token.

11. Barrel rolls: place template in approximate center of base; not infinitely adjustable on starting side but adjustable on ending side.

12. Ion move is now a green 1 straight.

13. HWK-290 is attack 2, turret; special: if you are not stressed, treat red maneuvers on your dial as white.

14. If you attempt an action than cannot be completed (Target Lock out of range, barrel roll or boost that would collide) you lose the action.

Edited by Hawkstrike