Hawkstrike

Consolidated X-Wing 2.0 Changes Thread

On 5/1/2018 at 6:32 PM, Hawkstrike said:

Range bonuses and obstructions work the same (except turrets)

I believe heard a dev say cannons will also benefit/suffer from range bonuses. Can anyone corroborate my memory?

31 minutes ago, J1mBob said:

I believe heard a dev say cannons will also benefit/suffer from range bonuses. Can anyone corroborate my memory?

That is correct. There is an icon on the secondary weapon cards that indicates if the weapon gets range bonuses. Basically, everything does except ordnance. 

2 hours ago, Giledhil said:

There's something I don't understand here, and I hope FFG will give us some info about.

84/37 = 2.27 pilot cards per ship. Are we getting only the generic pilots? Are those cards dual-faced, just like the ship baseplates???

The falcon is likely to get a modified and an unmodified dial. Maybe other ships too. 

Also, maybe you don't get multiple copies of named pilots. You don't need 2 copies of Soontir, even if you get 2 interceptor bases. 

9 hours ago, Giledhil said:

There's something I don't understand here, and I hope FFG will give us some info about.

84/37 = 2.27 pilot cards per ship. Are we getting only the generic pilots? Are those cards dual-faced, just like the ship baseplates???

From the FAQ at: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing-second-edition/

Rebel Alliance Conversion Kit

3 – A-wing
2 – ARC-170
2 – Auzituck Gunship
2 – B-wing
2 – E-wing
2 – Ghost
2 – HWK-290
2 – K-wing
2 – Millennium Falcon
2 – Phantom I
2 – Phantom II
2 – Sabine’s TIE Fighter
2 – U-wing
2 – X-wing
2 – Y-wing
2 – YT-2400
4 – Z-95 Headhunter

That's 37 dials for 17 different ship types. So it's actually 84/17 = 4.94 pilots per ship.

2 hours ago, Freeptop said:

From the FAQ at: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing-second-edition/

That's 37 dials for 17 different ship types. So it's actually 84/17 = 4.94 pilots per ship.

Yes, I precisely said "ship" and not "ship type".

You need multiple generics cards to field multiple generic pilots (at least 1 card of each generic available -generally 2 different pilots- PER SHIP). 

So back to my question : are we gonna be short of generic pilots or named ones? Or are the cards dual-sided maybe ?

Edited by Giledhil

9 hours ago, Commander Kaine said:

The falcon is likely to get a modified and an unmodified dial. Maybe other ships too. 

Also, maybe you don't get multiple copies of named pilots. You don't need 2 copies of Soontir, even if you get 2 interceptor bases. 

Even then, there's not enough room for 2 different generics per ship (so you can use as many generics as you have dials for said ship), plus.. let's say 2 named pilots per ship type.
That would be 148 pilot cards. And we already know T65 has more than 2 named pilots.

As for multiple dial, I don't think so, 37 dials is the number of ships you get to convert with the conversion kit.

Edited by Giledhil

7 hours ago, Giledhil said:

Yes, I precisely said "ship" and not "ship type".

You need multiple generics cards to field multiple generic pilots (at least 1 card of each generic available -generally 2 different pilots- PER SHIP). 

So back to my question : are we gonna be short of generic pilots or named ones? Or are the cards dual-sided maybe ?

You asked, and I quote: "Are we getting only the generic pilots?" That left room for misinterpretation of your meaning, since it wasn't clear you were hoping for multiple copies of the generic pilots.

So, now that I have a better idea of what you're asking, here's my guess: At 84 pilots for 17 models, they could provide 5 pilots for 16 models, and 4 for the last one, but I don't think that's how it's going to go.

I suspect the following models will have uniques only: Sabine's TIE, ARC-170, Phantom I & II. Chances are, those will get 4 unique pilots each. That leaves 68 pilots for the remaining 12 models. Or ~5.67 pilots per model. Based on that, I'd have to say it's pretty likely that there won't be more than one generic pilot card per model, unless they go the dual-sided route. That's basically room for 2 generics (at two different INI levels), plus 3-4 unique pilots for each model.

Actually, there's a distinct possibility it could end up being even worse: they may only put the generics for the X-Wing and TIE Fighter in the Core set (well, and likely the regular expansion packs as well), with the conversion kits getting only uniques. After all, there were 8 X-Wing pilots in 1.0 already (not counting Saw's Renegades). Put two in the Core (Luke and Biggs again, likely) along with the generics, then put the remaining 6 in the conversion kit, and there's no room for any generics in the conversion kit, outside of going the dual-sided card route. TIE Fighters are the same: 8 named pilots in 1.0 already.

Of course, this brings up one more question I have: where did this 84 pilot card number come from? I'm not seeing it on the product page, the FAQ nor the announcement pages. Is it possible they were saying "84 pilots", not "84 pilot cards"? If they said the former, that leaves open the possibility of multiple copies of the generics being included.

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:58 PM, Forgottenlore said:

The line is just making bumps easier to settle, doesn’t sound like the rules for how to use the templates with them have changed. 

The b-roll is slightly important, but easy enough to just mark existing templates. 

they also help with people adjusting the movement templates - now the lines have to line up - no more advantage templates

30 minutes ago, Freeptop said:

Of course, this brings up one more question I have: where did this 84 pilot card number come from? I'm not seeing it on the product page, the FAQ nor the announcement pages. Is it possible they were saying "84 pilots", not "84 pilot cards"? If they said the former, that leaves open the possibility of multiple copies of the generics being included.

They also said something, not sure of exact location, that everything in the conversions is equal to whats in the individual xpacs. Knowing that, whatever they did to generics what you get is all there is for the x number of ships it converts.

Personally I’m betting many ships don’t have generics at all. Let’s face it outer-rim smuggler was dumb on a unique iconic ship.

Edited by LordFajubi

I would be fine with a lot fewer pilots floating around honestly.  Do we need two different generics for every small base ship?  And by selling Ace packs and Epic combos we ended up with ridiculous numbers of pilots for a lot of ships.  I'm sure somebody was thrilled to see Dalan Oberos show up.  Twice.   And somebody will pour one out for Zertik Strom if he doesn't make it to 2.0 but a smaller pool of pilots is probably good for the game.

Edit:  Internet cookie for anyone that can tell me Zertik's ability without looking it up.

Edited by gamblertuba

Pilot contents will vary depending upon  ship

Most ships now have two generics, two named (most large have 1 generic, 3 named)

Stuff like arc and both rebel phantoms and tie fighter, all unique pilots. Some ships might be going the same route (like firespray or yt other "rarer" or "iconic" ship), but unconfirmed

I am assuming we don't get repeat unique pilot cards/bases

Adjust math accordingly 

Edited by ficklegreendice

This just occurred to me, but Nora Wexley is going to be on a Y-Wing. Is she still in her ARC? And might we see generic pilots for the ARC (and Phantoms)? 

That said, I can see the Phantom II being only uniques due to why it exists, but the Attack Shuttle might be a viable generic. And I am speculating that the ARCs were all unique partly to restrict their numbers. 

I think the aces packs are causing me a lot of grief with regard to the conversion kits.  I basically collected enough of each ship to field 100pts worth, which works quite well with the conversion kit ratios.  However, I have a ton of extra Interceptors, A-Wings and B-Wings because of the aces packs.  I’d trade for the extras, but I bet I’m not the only one in this boat and those particular ships are going to be the toughest to acquire extra cardboard for.

One hope I have is that when the Interceptors, A’s and B’s get released as singles they have unique content, meaning I should be able to pick up extras in whatever wave conversion kits are offered.  Patience will probably be a virtue, here.

Please don’t think I’m complaining, I’m quite thankful that I’ll be able to convert most of my massive fleet with very little waste.  I’m just trying to figure out the best way to cover my gaps.  And, yes, I can’t wait for the Epic conversion kits.  If they did anywhere near as good of a job with the new ruleset, it’s going to be a blast.  I like how FFG approached 2.0, and they sucked me back in when I was sure that a 2.0 would be my excuse to exit from the game.  Well played, FFG.

9 hours ago, gamblertuba said:

I would be fine with a lot fewer pilots floating around honestly.  Do we need two different generics for every small base ship?  And by selling Ace packs and Epic combos we ended up with ridiculous numbers of pilots for a lot of ships.  I'm sure somebody was thrilled to see Dalan Oberos show up.  Twice.   And somebody will pour one out for Zertik Strom if he doesn't make it to 2.0 but a smaller pool of pilots is probably good for the game.

Edit:  Internet cookie for anyone that can tell me Zertik's ability without looking it up.

This Zertik Strom?

swz07_a1_tie-advance_spread2.png

Not sure about 1.0 but looks like his ability is to spend a target lock to flip/expose a ship's damage card.

9 hours ago, Ravenhull said:

This just occurred to me, but Nora Wexley is going to be on a Y-Wing. Is she still in her ARC? And might we see generic pilots for the ARC (and Phantoms)? 

That said, I can see the Phantom II being only uniques due to why it exists, but the Attack Shuttle might be a viable generic. And I am speculating that the ARCs were all unique partly to restrict their numbers. 

Maybe, supposedly someone said that Garven Dreis would be piloting one of the ARC-170s which if true would be great considering his EU's past. 

10 hours ago, gamblertuba said:

Hey! That ability looks like it was pretty much stolen from Lt. Colzet

39 minutes ago, Velvetelvis said:

Do we know if there will be enough different versions of sabine to make the game still feel like "sabine the miniatures game?"

I suspect we will see her as a pilot for the Shadow Castor and will likely get her in the Sabine's Tie as a pilot and at least one version of the Phantom. At least that is what I'd guess. 

2 minutes ago, Forgottenlore said:

Anyone else think it odd that new ion weapons can “hit” but place no ion tokens?

What? They now just make it so that after the first hit that gets through the rest are converted into ion tokens. Its to make it so they have a chance to ionize even large ships potentially up close since you can roll 4 attack dice with an Ion Cannon Turret at range 1.  

8 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

What? They now just make it so that after the first hit that gets through the rest are converted into ion tokens. Its to make it so they have a chance to ionize even large ships potentially up close since you can roll 4 attack dice with an Ion Cannon Turret at range 1.  

Yes... But what happens when you only have 1 uncanceled hit result? 

1 damage, no ion