Hawkstrike

Consolidated X-Wing 2.0 Changes Thread

12 hours ago, Skyworthy said:

While this wont hurt  newcomers to the game I fear that this will force a lot of veterans to quit as I'm looking at excess  of $100 just to make m collection relevant.

You're collection was not relevant anyway, with the exception of a few broken meta combo wombos.

26 minutes ago, Shraken said:

You're collection was not relevant anyway, with the exception of a few broken meta combo wombos.

so true it hurts

currently collecting dust in my closet:

2 A-wings

2 X-wings

3 Y-wings (1 rebel, 2  scum)

4 B-wings

1 E-wing

1 Rebel TIE

2 (not miranda) K-wings

1 (not Norra) ARC

2 U-wings

2 TIE fighters

1 TIE striker

1 TIE aggressor

1 TIE punisher

3 TIE Bombers

3 TIE/x1

1 TIE/v1

4 Z-95s

1 g1-a

1 Scyk

2 Khriax

2 Vipers

1 Firespray

2 (not POE) t-70s

3 TIE/FOs

1 Upsilon

Edited by ficklegreendice

5 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

like everyone else and their mother, apparently ?

Well the Tallon Roll is a move Rebel fighters are supposedly using in Yavin it really should be something more of them can perform, it just was invented late in the game. 

Similar to the S-loop, that was a move Boba Fett was using around 1 ABY. 

1 minute ago, Ixidor said:

I think maybe you don't have RAC entirely correct. I realize there's a lot of text covered up so I am speculating a bit.

It looks like it's reliant on reinforce, and that the target has to be on the half of RAC that's currently reinforced for the ability to work.

Would be nice to have the whole card in order to reinforce your claim 

3 minutes ago, Ixidor said:

I think maybe you don't have RAC entirely correct. I realize there's a lot of text covered up so I am speculating a bit.

It looks like it's reliant on reinforce, and that the target has to be on the half of RAC that's currently reinforced for the ability to work.

What was being said otherwise. It’s really obvious that is how he’s working now. 

19 hours ago, Pimpbacca said:

So they are making it (mobile arcs) an action? Cause that is pretty crappy. I don't mind the aiming bit, but forgoing an action to do so is not my idea of fun.

19 hours ago, Forgottenlore said:

Plus, most of the ships with a turret, presumably have a dedicated gunner manning it, why the heck is the pilot forced to use up an action to rotate it.

OK, apparently there is a new upgrade type "gunner", and at least one of those (Luke) involves being able to change arc without an action. That works for me. You've got the turret but, unless you also bring along someone to independently man it, it is going to occupy the pilot's attention to do "turret-y" stuff with it. That makes sense.

Edited by Forgottenlore

Conversion kit contents updated: 

Rebels

4 base for medium-size ships, 4 pins for medium-size bases, 43 ship tokens, 37 maneuver dials, 23 selector ship tokens, 84 ship cards, 162 upgrade cards, 2 condition cards, 8 turret arc tokens and 23 diverse tokens.

Galactic Empire

2 base for medium-size ships, 2 pins for medium-size bases, 48 ship tokens, 34 maneuver dials, 21 selector ship tokens, 93 ship cards, 153 upgrade cards, 2 condition cards, 6 turret arc tokens and 41 diverse tokens.

Scum

4 base for medium-size ships, 4 pins for medium-size bases, 52 ship tokens, 39 maneuver dials, 23 selector ship tokens, 99 ship cards, 167 upgrade cards, 1 condition cards, 7 turret arc tokens and 31 diverse tokens.

4 hours ago, Backdraft_ said:

Do we know if the new maneuver dials will be the same size as in X-wing 1.0? Because I have a lot of the actual maneuver dial upgrade kits.

The part with the manuevers (former back side) will be the same size, it's compatible with the upgrade kits.

Going by the Team Covenant gameplay video, it seems like you DON'T have to do the red action in a Linked Action series. Is that confirmed somewhere? Am I a dummy and that's obviously how it's designed? 

15 minutes ago, Wedgeismyhero said:

Going by the Team Covenant gameplay video, it seems like you DON'T have to do the red action in a Linked Action series. Is that confirmed somewhere? Am I a dummy and that's obviously how it's designed? 

That’s how I assumed it would go, especially sense the linked action is probably always red. But I don’t know for certain.

22 minutes ago, Wedgeismyhero said:

of course you don't have to do a linked action

could you imagine Vader spinning out of control like Han Solo's shown up whenever he tries to take a focus ??

linked actions are the replacement for the now defunct push the limit. it allows the designers to keep action efficiency under control by forbidding token stacking, while still allowing for a greater degree of mobility in some ships

Edited by ficklegreendice

On 5/4/2018 at 6:06 PM, Hawkstrike said:

Conversion kit contents updated: 

Rebels

37 maneuver dials, 84 ship cards

There's something I don't understand here, and I hope FFG will give us some info about.

84/37 = 2.27 pilot cards per ship. Are we getting only the generic pilots? Are those cards dual-faced, just like the ship baseplates???