Hawkstrike

Consolidated X-Wing 2.0 Changes Thread

10 minutes ago, Pimpbacca said:

An arc dodging booster can also get out of arcs...
To repeat, I'm not against aiming, and I am even OK if this is done before any dials are revealed, in fact that would be preferred, but still think it is annoying to make it a whole action. Time will tell I suppose.

I suspect there may be an upgrade card similar to gyroscopic targeting that provides some sort of limited action-free movement.  We will have to see.

While this wont hurt  newcomers to the game I fear that this will force a lot of veterans to quit as I'm looking at excess  of $100 just to make m collection relevant.

I honestly cannot describe how angry these changes make me. I will never spend another penny on FFG. I assume they think they can stay afloat purely on new players, because I see a lot of old ones throwing in the towel at this point. So many new rules that I don't like, and I have to pay out £200+ in order to continue playing at all??

See ya.

Dang, they nerfed Jake. A-Wings were what got me into the game in the first place and now their best pilot isn't so great anymore. It seems that random X-Wing pilot 'something Two Tubes' got his ability (well something pretty close to it). I'm not too happy about some of their Initiative choices for some of these other pilots too. I'm still excited about the game and look forward to playing it, but there's going to be a lot of things I'll miss from the original game.

Edited by Zero8855

Ive wanted to play x-wing for quite a while now, but the entry cost was too high. Having to buy the ships I wanted and then OTHER ships for the cards I wanted, sometimes multiple times was just too much. Now that a new edition is coming out with the app and the upgrade pack, which brings if not all at least many of the cards I need, I can just buy that, the core, and focus on buying the ships I want. Im definetly getting into the game now.

5 minutes ago, RafaelNN said:

Ive wanted to play x-wing for quite a while now, but the entry cost was too high. Having to buy the ships I wanted and then OTHER ships for the cards I wanted, sometimes multiple times was just too much. Now that a new edition is coming out with the app and the upgrade pack, which brings if not all at least many of the cards I need, I can just buy that, the core, and focus on buying the ships I want. Im definetly getting into the game now.

Welcome then ! :D

8 hours ago, madquest8 said:

I have to pay out £200+ in order to continue playing at all??

You don't have to pay anything, you can still use your ships and material to play X-wing 1.0. Nothing prevents you from playing this game you already bought. Now, if you want to get into a new game (aka X-wing 2.0), there's an interesting bargain for 1.0 players :) Isn't this nice?

Edited by Giledhil

6 hours ago, Giledhil said:

swz01_a2_rebel_spread.png

Appears one of the dials has a reverse 1-straight.
That means one of the rebel ships can go backwards !!! Which one ??!

look disturbingly like a Y dial

which probably means either K or ARC

except I don't want them nerfing the ARC's 1-banks :(

Edited by ficklegreendice

6 hours ago, Giledhil said:

swz01_a2_rebel_spread.png

Appears one of the dials has a reverse 1-straight.
That means one of the rebel ships can go backwards !!! Which one ??!

Except for the added reverse, that dial is identical to the current Sheathipede.

9 hours ago, madquest8 said:

I honestly cannot describe how angry these changes make me. I will never spend another penny on FFG. I assume they think they can stay afloat purely on new players, because I see a lot of old ones throwing in the towel at this point. So many new rules that I don't like, and I have to pay out £200+ in order to continue playing at all??

See ya.

£200+?

Where did you get that from? No one is forcing you to update everything immediately. No one is forcing you into 2.0 either.

It's about £80 to get one conversion kit and a core set, which is plenty to get started. One entire faction up and running. I don't think that's bad at all considering I bought a Punisher and never used it,

Edited by SDCC

8 hours ago, Zero8855 said:

Dang, they nerfed Jake. A-Wings were what got me into the game in the first place and now their best pilot isn't so great anymore. It seems that random X-Wing pilot 'something Two Tubes' got his ability (well something pretty close to it). I'm not too happy about some of their Initiative choices for some of these other pilots too. I'm still excited about the game and look forward to playing it, but there's going to be a lot of things I'll miss from the original game.

yea, A-wings and E-wings are what I flew when I first started (Corran, Tycho, Jake) and it was fun as can be! I'm hoping this brings back some of this... but Jake has changed a bit more than I was hoping for, not to mention the 4 skill. I'm hoping at least Tycho is a 5 because I really want to keep an A-Wing "ace". PS6 is probably going to be more rare (just the PS9 guys from old) 

I figure there will be a ton of things from the old game I will miss. Top most is my rebel offensive jank. My main lists always include Jan Ors if that's a hint at how I play. So this is going to be very interesting...

In other questions...

Does focus still behave like a focus? A lot of these abilities are reading "change one die result" kind of thing. I don't see why you wouldn't just focus for every action... 

Bombs are all dropped before activations now. Which better make the insta-explode bombs super cheap since that makes landing them really difficult (even with the new way they explode, targeting a R1 rock and hitting everything R1 of the rock)

Focus is the same far as i can tell, all the "change one result" effects youre seeing are the innate mods from cards/abilities. They are trying to reign back the mods, as far as i can tell you will now require a support ship either passing tokens or coordinating to get full doublemods now. heck, FCS is now basically Predator but you need the targetlock in the first place and thats been the staple in so many self-doublemod builds (which new FCS will still see a lot of play since often you only need to reroll 1 anyway)

11 hours ago, Forgottenlore said:

You can plan ahead all you want, if you can't execute the plan because you desperately need that resource for other things then the plan is worthless. Being able to change the direction of your arc in the device phase, before you have seen where anyone is moving (maybe even only by 90 degrees) seems like it would work a lot better. Plus, most of the ships with a turret, presumably have a dedicated gunner manning it, why the heck is the pilot forced to use up an action to rotate it.

Given that Gunners are their own distinct upgrade slot now, it's not entirely impossible that such an upgrade will exist. I mean, we've already seen one that basically gives the Y-Wing it's BTL title effect back, except it's no longer limited to front only arc, should you want to rotate it so you can always fire back as well as front.