Hawkstrike

Consolidated X-Wing 2.0 Changes Thread

Didn't see it mentioned, Y-wing and some other ships have Reload action added retrospectively.

Lack of nubs on bases - don't know where this came from. These are still in, the aligning hashes are for applying templates to the side of the base.

Edited by Mef82

As posted elsewhere - FAQ for Imperials updated.

Galactic Empire Conversion Kit

3 – Alpha-class Star Wing
3 – Inquisitor’s TIE
2 – Lambda-class Shuttle
2 – TIE Advanced
3 – TIE Aggressor
3 – TIE Bomber
2 – TIE Defender
4 – TIE Fighter
3 – TIE Interceptor
2 – TIE Phantom
2 – TIE Punisher
3 – TIE Striker
2 – VT-49 Decimator

10 hours ago, Mef82 said:

Didn't see it mentioned, Y-wing and some other ships have Reload action added retrospectively.

Lack of nubs on bases - don't know where this came from. These are still in, the aligning hashes are for applying templates to the side of the base.

In the Team Covenant video the bases appeared to not have nubs and the centerline of the template was aligned on the centerline of the base. If there are other closeups of the bases, please confirm.

7 minutes ago, Hawkstrike said:

In the Team Covenant video the bases appeared to not have nubs and the centerline of the template was aligned on the centerline of the base. If there are other closeups of the bases, please confirm.

No, I saw them using the nubs in the TC video a lot. 

4 minutes ago, Pimpbacca said:

So they are making it an action? Cause that is pretty crappy. I don't mind the aiming bit, but forgoing an action to do so is not my idea of fun.

That has been my thought on the mobile arcs too. I like the concept, but costing an action to change seems massively prohibitive, especially in this new, non-economic action economy, and in the BoLS video, the Y-Wing was pretty much stuck in the starboard position the whole game. Doesn't really seem mobile, just "choose your arc at the beginning of the game"

7 minutes ago, Forgottenlore said:

That has been my thought on the mobile arcs too. I like the concept, but costing an action to change seems massively prohibitive, especially in this new, non-economic action economy, and in the BoLS video, the Y-Wing was pretty much stuck in the starboard position the whole game. Doesn't really seem mobile, just "choose your arc at the beginning of the game"

I mean, god forbid you have to plan ahead like all those ships that don't have the luxury of spinning their arc as they see fit 

Plus there will be rounds in which you won't be shooting or shot at, rounds in which you can arcdodger and flip arcs without worry, and rounds in which you can coordinate

Not to mention you can turret out the side and torp out the front 

Edited by ficklegreendice

2 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

I mean, god forbid you have to plan ahead like all those ships that don't have the luxury of spinning their arc as they see fit 

That's not a counter argument. You still need to plan ahead to predict where to aim, you just don't get an action.

You can plan ahead all you want, if you can't execute the plan because you desperately need that resource for other things then the plan is worthless. Being able to change the direction of your arc in the device phase, before you have seen where anyone is moving (maybe even only by 90 degrees) seems like it would work a lot better. Plus, most of the ships with a turret, presumably have a dedicated gunner manning it, why the heck is the pilot forced to use up an action to rotate it.

1 minute ago, Forgottenlore said:

You can plan ahead all you want, if you can't execute the plan because you desperately need that resource for other things then the plan is worthless.

Well it sounds more like that plan was made worthless because you messed up or were outplayed

Thsts kind of part of the whole "tactical miniatures game" experience. Your choices matter because they have consequences 

And if it's some limpwristed consequence like "oh, just swivel your arc at the end phase, dearie" as a base rule, then we've wasted a perfectly good 2.0 

The imperial slave 1 omission is a major bummer.  I thought that maybe they didn't want to share ships between factions, but the z95 shows up in both the rebel and scum conversion kits.  So why did they drop the imperial slave 1?  Just a theme thing I guess...

Actually Fickle, the more i think about it, the more you of all people should be in favor of a free rotate in the device phase. As an action to rotate you DON'T need to plan ahead, you're high initiative turret moves, sees where everybody is, uses it's action to rotate the turret, and takes a shot at whatever it wants, either unmodified or with non-action dependent modifiers. It would be a free rotate in the device phase that actually requires some thinking and planning, same as the old change with decloaking and the new change with bombs. Make the decision BEFORE you have all the information.

5 minutes ago, Forgottenlore said:

Actually Fickle, the more i think about it, the more you of all people should be in favor of a free rotate in the device phase. As an action to rotate you DON'T need to plan ahead, you're high initiative turret moves, sees where everybody is, uses it's action to rotate the turret, and takes a shot at whatever it wants, either unmodified or with non-action dependent modifiers. It would be a free rotate in the device phase that actually requires some thinking and planning, same as the old change with decloaking and the new change with bombs. Make the decision BEFORE you have all the information.

I would like to see these action independent modifiers before we go thinking high initiative mobile arcs will be anything even remotely like 1.0

I mean, I've seen predator. It's bullseye arc only. You only have a bullseye on your front 

Plus, if your rotating you're not modding or, more importantly, boosting

And if you're stressed or ioned or bumped or rocked...

2 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

stuff

Yeah, we just don't know yet.

But you can't really deny that moving the arc in the device phase would require a lot more planning and strategizing than waiting till you move to do it.

1 minute ago, Forgottenlore said:

Yeah, we just don't know yet.

But you can't really deny that moving the arc in the device phase would require a lot more planning and strategizing than waiting till you move to do it.

yes

...if it costs your action to do so

otherwise, no.

moving your arc independent of action frees you up SO much more than being forced to spend actions to rotate arcs

45 minutes ago, Pimpbacca said:

So they are making it an action? Cause that is pretty crappy. I don't mind the aiming bit, but forgoing an action to do so is not my idea of fun.

I mean... How is it different from an arc-dodger boosting, so you get into their fire arcs? 

It is the same. You may spend an action to get a shot that you couldn't otherwise. It's just better. 

Oh, you mean now it actually takes some skill? Oh well. Go back to first edition/turret wing

5 minutes ago, Commander Kaine said:

I mean... How is it different from an arc-dodger boosting, so you get into their fire arcs? 

It is the same. You may spend an action to get a shot that you couldn't otherwise. It's just better. 

Oh, you mean now it actually takes some skill? Oh well. Go back to first edition/turret wing

An arc dodging booster can also get out of arcs...
To repeat, I'm not against aiming, and I am even OK if this is done before any dials are revealed, in fact that would be preferred, but still think it is annoying to make it a whole action. Time will tell I suppose.

9 minutes ago, Pimpbacca said:

An arc dodging booster can also get out of arcs...
To repeat, I'm not against aiming, and I am even OK if this is done before any dials are revealed, in fact that would be preferred, but still think it is annoying to make it a whole action. Time will tell I suppose.

The jumpmaster is able to chain it, so it is not that bad... Probably some others too.