Hawkstrike

Consolidated X-Wing 2.0 Changes Thread

"Force tokens which power force abilities for some pilots; they may also be used as Focus tokens"

Perhaps change that to be "; they may also be used to change one focus result" if I've read it right :)

Good idea here, thanks :)

Image result for star wars thanks gif

1 minute ago, markcsoul said:

There's gotta be some kind of nerf to reinforce since a bunch of ships have it now.

It’s still referencing the 2 halves of the ship (can tell from Admiral Cheerios Card), and evade tokens have been changed. 

Templates aren't quite the same - the line down the middle is important for the new bump rules, as well as barrel rolls/t-rolls.

Also the turn flow is different - there is apparently a new 'strategy' phase?  I think I heard?  And a specific 'components' phase that exists between planning and activation - this is where all bombs get dropped, now.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Hawkstrike said:
  • New upgrade cards are full sized, landscape

How will I store them? My tackle box was made for the smaller cards... 

What do you guys use for pilot cards? Any binders you'd reccomend? 

Edited by Celestial Lizards

Just now, ficklegreendice said:

Is bullseye the same as the Kim or just a condition for crackshot/marksmanship etc 

I think they said it's just there in case anything references it. Kimos probably have the current bullseye rule attached to them. Crack Shot and something else (Marksmanship maybe?) require the target to be in the bullseye arc.

2 minutes ago, xanderf said:

Templates aren't quite the same - the line down the middle is important for the new bump rules, as well as barrel rolls/t-rolls.

Also the turn flow is different - there is apparently a new 'strategy' phase?  I think I heard?  And a specific 'components' phase that exists between planning and activation - this is where all bombs get dropped, now.

The line is just making bumps easier to settle, doesn’t sound like the rules for how to use the templates with them have changed. 

The b-roll is slightly important, but easy enough to just mark existing templates. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Forgottenlore said:

@Hawkstrike If you’re up to it, adding to this thread all the photos of components that we’ve seen thus far would be useful. 

Please link in the thread: I'd like to keep the initial part of the post text-only so it's easier for people to scan quickly.

I'll put some with the videos at the bottom.

Edited by Hawkstrike

Posted (edited)

I've posted a couple compilations of information I've started to put together. I'll post the combined info here later.

Props to Hawk strike for trying to combine all the information we have at hand into one thread.

Edited by Cr0aker

re: barrel rolls...  couldnt you just align the template to the front and then align the ship to the front?  Why would it have to be centered?

6 minutes ago, sirjorj said:

re: barrel rolls...  couldnt you just align the template to the front and then align the ship to the front?  Why would it have to be centered?

This way they have 6 landing points for a barrel roll.

2 minutes ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

This way they have 6 landing points for a barrel roll.

Yes, 3 to each side. One as far forward as you could go before, one as far back, and one with no movement forward/back, just to the side. The line is used for that last one. He is saying can’t you just align the ship to the same point on either end of the template and accomplish the same thing without the lines. 

5 minutes ago, Forgottenlore said:

Yes, 3 to each side. One as far forward as you could go before, one as far back, and one with no movement forward/back, just to the side. The line is used for that last one. He is saying can’t you just align the ship to the same point on either end of the template and accomplish the same thing without the lines. 

But where is the money to be made on that? 

New Linked Actions – These actions can trigger another action. For example you could Focus and then Boost. It’s pilot/ship dependent
Barrel Roll now only has 3 positions per side (6 total) – makes Barrel Roll more inline with Boost as you only have 6 total positions.
If you declare and action and you can’t do it (ie Barrel Roll would land you on a rock), you just lose the action now – It’s harsher but rewards you for being a better pilot.
Target Lock is now just Lock – and you can Lock on to objects as well as ships (friendly and enemy).

Certain ships have different attack values for different arcs now.
Evade Tokens now allow you to change a die to an evade result – you cannot get more evade results than your agility value via evade tokens.
Turrets also get ranged bonuses and penalties, Ordnance does not.
Ordnance weapons now typically have charges (ie, they are multi-use!)

Posted (edited)

I don’t think all TIE/ln can pull damage. The Covenant video of gameplay didn’t have a charge on the TIE/ln’s they showed. I believe it is just Iden Versio, who is now an Imperial Biggs and Howlrunner’s new best friend. 

Iden’s ability:

Before a friendly TIE/ln fighter at range 0-1 would suffer one or more damage, you may spend 1 charge. If you do, prevent that damage.

wow.

Edit: Iden has 1 charge on his card.

Edited by J1mBob