Jadotch

2.0: Are you in or are you out?

I've been waiting for this for so long...I am sooo IN!!

let me put it this way, I will hold off building the 40k custodes, sorry runewars minis you too...and I wanted those wraiths... to save for this bad boy...

WOOOT!!

I’m sitting on the fence. I have at least one of every X-Wing ship and I’ll complete the 1.0 run. I want to see as 2.0 releases how the game plays compared to the current version.

The release of a few ships or a half dozen FAQ changes blows peoples’ minds and “breaks” the meta right now. How is a redesign of every single ship and card in the game going to work out? Can all those combos really be playtested in a short amount of time? I’m going to stay a skeptic for the moment.

Cost is also a factor. I think reasonably you’re looking at one of each conversion and a starter for $190. Then (hopefully) another $50 for a combined Resistance/First Order upgrade and possibly another cost for epic. Then do I want to buy slightly different sculpts with a few new cards? Eh, I dunno. The app having some sort of monthly “premium” fee or cost per upgrade could also be a deal breaker for me.

Edited by dadocollin

Kind of a random question: do you think stores will crack open conversion kits and sell individual ship conversions?   Kinda like how magic cards are sold individually, or you can buy dicemasters stuff from a binder instead of relying on random boosters. 

Would this  be forbidden by Asmodee?  Can that kind of thing even be forbidden?

We got a few months of previews to try and break the game, to see if it actually gets "fixed"

It isn't actually that hard to spot where FFG starts to stray, though some are a bit subtler than others (juggler had to math out why TLT was busted on release)

Most are just..."hi! Im a jumpmaster! or a pre nerf x7!"

Given the apparent stated goal of cutting down on super arcdodging and action independent mods to emphasize manuevers , we just gotta keep our eyes peeled for super arcdodging or action independent mods 

So far got my eye on Luke. Going by the article, a force token (without upgrades that use force tokens) turns a focus into a hit or evade. His ability gives him a force token when defending, before dice are thrown

So he's been very well buffed, since he has his old ability AND a better version of Poe's AND synergy with potential upgrade cards.

Also proton Torps don't spend locks, are four dice and have focus --> critical. Four dice, full mods. Seems powerful

Note NOTHING'S definite because no costs are visible, but that's where I got my eye on with what little we know.

Also Luke with protons op. What a world we'll live in ?

Edit: and if less action independent mods = token dependency, well the Reaper's gonna have a field day 

Edited by ficklegreendice

1 hour ago, Parakitor said:

This is me! You just described me!

I am so in - for Imperials only, mind you. Rebels can wait a few months.

Another one here, hope to come back to fly again with the 2.0!!!

Soft out right now, I only just got my wife playing 1st edition and she's not to keen on relearning quite yet. But for competitiveness I may go in later or if it's really good and not just a cash grab hidden under a veil of fixing the situation they created.

1 hour ago, period3 said:

Kind of a random question: do you think stores will crack open conversion kits and sell individual ship conversions?   Kinda like how magic cards are sold individually, or you can buy dicemasters stuff from a binder instead of relying on random boosters. 

Would this  be forbidden by Asmodee?  Can that kind of thing even be forbidden?

It can not, because second hand sales are legit sales and not protected by any control a manufacturer can have. At least in the united states. And selling that kind of stuff second hand makes the most sense. 

Though keep in mind that you will pay premium for stuff like TIE-Fighters, X-Wings, B-Wings, Gunboats and Y-Wings. Because that is the stuff everyone has a lot more than the conversions covers. For the rest? You might be in for nice bargains. 

2 minutes ago, SEApocalypse said:

It can not, because second hand sales are legit sales and not protected by any control a manufacturer can have. At least in the united states. And selling that kind of stuff second hand makes the most sense. 

Though keep in mind that you will pay premium for stuff like TIE-Fighters, X-Wings, B-Wings, Gunboats and Y-Wings. Because that is the stuff everyone has a lot more than the conversions covers. For the rest? You might be in for nice bargains. 

Poor Decimator

4 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

I'm in...for waiting for more dang details before making a decision I can make at any time even post-launch

Well, that's no way to be fickle. . .

4 hours ago, Wiredin said:

51RERZFOi6L._AC_UL320_SR190,320_.jpg

Yeah, good luck with that.  2.0 will be just like the x-wing fix.  Once people really know the new version they will be complained abou everything that didn't change to exactly what they wanted.

4 hours ago, LordFajubi said:

We may be able to fly 10 ships gents.

Which will mean you will need 2-4 sets per faction for enough dials.

3 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

So, a couple of months ago when they said "the meta that exists now isn't even the meta we are playing" was pretty spot-on, eh?

4 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

I'm in...for waiting for more dang details before making a decision I can make at any time even post-launch

Yup. I'll give it a whirl and see if it's any good. I'm not going to dump my 1.0 stuff for a long while, if ever. 

1 hour ago, Koing907 said:

Yup. I'll give it a whirl and see if it's any good. I'm not going to dump my 1.0 stuff for a long while, if ever. 

Yeah, I’m forseeing 1.0 play continuing on even after 2.0 drops at my store. I think most of the guys will get into 2.0 as budget allows, but that could take time, and there is no sense not using 1st edition for some fun.

1 hour ago, Darth Meanie said:

Epic gets ignored again.

From faq :

What about Epic Mode?

Epic will continue to be a supported X-Wing format in future releases! Stay tuned to future X-Wing Second Edition announcements for more information.

Definitely out for now. $300.00 USD plus taxes just to keep using the ships I already paid hundreds of dollars for? Nope. Didn't think any company could out do Games Workshop for customer exploitation but then this happened.

unless im completely misjudging this, im out. selling my collection tomorrow before the value evaporates.  it appears the new miniatures and components are lower quality and convoluted, and i dont need my phone involved in board games period.

Ill keep a few ships i custom painted, but this BS is exactly what we did not want from x-wing 2.o.  im not interested in paying $100 so i can fly 6 Z95s I already own, or an additional $100 to fly my 3 Defenders.   these conversions will cost many players more than they spent on the original ships. its absurd bull. This is a straight up cash grab, designed to resell us components at an absurd price.   consider that for 100 dollars you get a full board game complete with miniatures in most games, for example any of the C'mon games. if they went full ap, then theres no reason to use the cards anyway(though the app is stupid for other reasons)

I am so in. This has me incredibly excited. They're fixing so many of the things that have been bugging me for so long! Everyone I know is excited and I expect this'll bring new life to the game. The communities I've been a part of have also been so good that I doubt people are going to get seriously left behind. People share. ****, people did a benefit for a guy who had his car stolen and lost his collection. If you want to try stuff or can't get it right away, I expect people will have your back. As a lot of people have also said, this'll be a new experience too, so thinking of it as a somewhat new game is probably the right way to go. The mechanics will be similar, but the lists, tactics, and all that might be pretty different.

Edited by PenguinBonaparte

Most likely out, since I doubt that the local (whole country) community (about 5-6 people) will be willing to pay for conversion kits. As it is really hard to find a game now, it will be impossible to get a game of 2.0, I think.