Jadotch

2.0: Are you in or are you out?

Simple question: Are you upgrading to 2.0 or has X-Wing run its course for you? Or are you just going to stick to 1.0? (I am sure a player supported community will rise for 1.0 custom upgrades and "downgrades" for new ship releases and such.)

I'm in. Only thing I'm curious about is the conversion kits for the Resistance and First Order down the line. With 3 ships for the Resistance (Bomber, T-70, YT-1300) and 4 for the First Order (FO, SF, Up, Silencer), there isn't nearly enough content to justify separate kits, unless they are way cheaper. Still, very excited for the upcoming changes! Starting my saving now!

I’m in.  Everything about it looks good to me, with exception to the “upgrade cost” of the conversion kits.  I plan on buying a single upgrade kit to get started, and the others at various points down the road.  

My only concern is that starvipers keep their fancy new barrel roll.   If they go back to the standard barrel roll, I’ll flip a table.  And then apologize, and pick up the mess.

I am "in", but 2.0 may sit on my shelf while I wait for my primary play group to upgrade, if they even will.

I do have big concerns about 2.0 though.

Oh, and it will bug me to no end the uneven amount of ship models to dials I will have. Maybe I do have OCD.

Edited by Jadotch

Well, it is a big chunk of change but it will make the game a lot more dynamic and bigger. Right now there are a hand full of competitive lists and that is what everyone plays. The app will open things up a lot.

not to disparage the very real costs of the conversion kits, but you do you don't need to convert your entire collection all at once, right?

I'm probably sticking to one faction for a while at launch, until I learn how the new game will play out

Which faction? that depends on which is better: the new ARC or Punisher ?

Edited by ficklegreendice

7 minutes ago, It’s One Of Ours said:

My only concern is that starvipers keep their fancy new barrel roll.   If they go back to the standard barrel roll, I’ll flip a table.  And then apologize, and pick up the mess.

Goodness, yeah, that would almost be a deciding factor. (Sorry, out of likes.)

I hope to be in, if I can find a way to do it cheaply. Maybe split a core set, buy a conversion kit for the one faction and trade for the cards I need in the other ...

Edited by TheHumanHydra

1 minute ago, Jadotch said:

I will need 3 of Empire and Rebels, 2 of Scum.

Thankfully, I am expecting the online discounters to have the conversion kits for $35-$40.  They carry the Descent conversion kit, I don't see any reason they won't carry the X-Wing kits.

Jim