CBMarkham

X-Wing 2.0: They got everything right.

How many ships does each Conversion Kit convert?

The number of ships supported (by maneuver dials included) in each Conversion Kit are:

Rebel Alliance Conversion Kit

3 – A-wing
2 – ARC-170
2 – Auzituck Gunship
2 – B-wing
2 – E-wing
2 – Ghost
2 – HWK-290
2 – K-wing
2 – Millennium Falcon
2 – Phantom I
2 – Phantom II
2 – Sabine’s TIE Fighter
2 – U-wing
2 – X-wing
2 – Y-wing
2 – YT-2400
4 – Z-95 Headhunter

Galactic Empire Conversion Kit

2 – Alpha-class Star Wing
3 – Inquisitor’s TIE
2 – Lambda-class Shuttle
2 – TIE Advanced
3 – TIE Aggressor
3 – TIE Bomber
2 – TIE Defender
4 – TIE Fighter
3 – TIE Interceptor
2 – TIE Phantom
2 – TIE Punisher
3 – TIE Striker
3 – VT-49 Decimator

Scum and Villainy Conversion Kit

2 – Hound’s Tooth
2 – HWK-290
2 – IG-2000
3 – Kihraxz Fighter
2 – Kimogila Fighter
4 – M3-A Interceptor
2 – Mist Hunter
3 – Protectorate Starfighter
2 – Punishing One
3 – Quadjumper
2 – Scurrg H-6 Bomber
2 – Shadow Caster
2 – Slave I
2 – StarViper
2 – Y-wing
4 – Z-95 Headhunter

15 minutes ago, CBMarkham said:

Could they possibly have handled this better? It's everything I always wanted from 2.0.

Fully agreed.  From what I am seeing so far, they've found fairly elegant ways to rebalance ALL of the legitimate gripes about V1.

And making point costs dynamic was utterly brilliant!  readjusting things that get unbalanced as the meta evolves will be pretty simple with this, and furthermore, it means X-Wing 3rd edition won't be necessary for a quite a long time.

They're tweaking dials. The preview for the Advanced shows that it's gaining both Tallon Rolls and a 1-straight, making it a much less terrible ship. Y-Wings gain green 1-banks. The Firespray dial is crazy, trading the 3-turns for 1-turns and tacking on some Tallon Rolls. There's a Rebel dial with a REVERSE, which has to be the new HWK-290. 

And those other overhauls look great. The Firespray gets Boost and trades Evade for Reinforce. Lambdas finally get a rear firing arc. Everyone has side-arcs and rear-arcs displayed, so there's potential for flanking and tailing enemies to have mechanical effects.

And yes, HORTON HAS AN EPT.

The more I study this, the more hyped I become for it.

Amazing... everything they just did was...right!

Yeah pretty optimistic

But now, let's speculate on what's broken!! That's what forums are for!!!

So with the heavily hinted reduction in action efficiency (bye, PTL! Nerfed fcs) I think we're going to have even greater emphasis on support ships that can feed mods to their buddies 

Of course we don't know the knew sheath or Auzzie, but recspec (copilot whatever) two tubes is looking good. Conversely, with the supposed emphasis of token-mods, the Reaper could be sick.

Also, have you seen the Norra Wexly Y? Her ability is SUPER legit 

Edited by ficklegreendice

18 minutes ago, Force Majeure said:

I was surprised to see so many ships with coordinate, reload and reinforce!

I don't see any with Reload. I think you're mixing it with the "Rotate Firing Arc" icon from the Shadow Caster.

5 minutes ago, PhantomFO said:

I don't see any with Reload. I think you're mixing it with the "Rotate Firing Arc" icon from the Shadow Caster.

The Y-wing has a red reload action. Not sure what else does, but I would bet the Tie Bomber, Gunboat, Punisher, etc. 

oh right,

given the game shown in https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/274782-20-gameplay-video-and-notes/

plus all the changes listed in the OP

it seems like it'll be very difficult to get back to the days of boost/roll + sit upon a bed of focus + external palp/lowhrick...

****, it actually seems difficult to even achieve full mods with what few cards we have seen

with that said...have you ever considered an X-wing where Proton Torps and their four-dice, TL re-rolls + "focus" were OP?

swz01_a3_proton-torpedoes.png

...no not with the jumpmaster, that doesn't count ?

note: we can't see point costs so this is all baseless speculation

I'm procrastinating

EDIT edit: apparently force powers let you change 1 focus --> hit/evade

so Luke can get full mods with TL, and then refresh force power with his ability

Luke is new op!!!111

" At their most basic, these charges can be spent to improve a pilot’s aim or give them an extra push to avoid incoming fire. Using a Force charge lets you change a single focus result on attack or defense to a hit or evade result! When paired with upgrade cards, however, Force-sensitive pilots become even more versatile. Upgrades that require Force charges can make Force-sensitive pilots more perceptive of their surroundings, give them supernatural reflexes, or even grant them the ability to reach out and sense where their opponent will move next. " - https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/5/1/x-wing-second-edition/

Edited by ficklegreendice

There's a lot to like here, but there are a few things I'm worried about:

1. Cost.  I have a decent sized x-wing collection.  It looks like I'm going to need two rebel conversion kits and two imperial conversion kits.   I don't have much new order stuff, but if I want to use any of it I'm going to need another two conversion kits.  So that's six conversion kits.   I bet that's close to $200 USD.    And that's not even enough to convert my whole collection.  Ideally I'd have a third rebel and imperial conversion kit (e.g. I have 7 x-wings and 7 interceptors, and epic allows me to take all of them). 

2. No imperial slave 1.   I have two of these, and zero interest in the scum faction.  That sucks that I can't use two of my ships.  I hope this is the only omission, I haven' t thoroughly gone through the list yet. 

I'm very happy about the quick option.  (whatever it's called, the pre-selected card/upgrade combos).   It seems like a great and fun way to play casual games.

Still, a much needed upgrade that I really hope is affordable enough for me to justify buying in

We just got the ability to put 5 X-wings on the board, I hope that doesn't go away. I'm also interested to see how Astromechs change overall, seeing as how they may now be cross faction between Scum and Rebel Alliance. 

55 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Amazing... everything they just did was...right!

Yeah pretty optimistic

But now, let's speculate on what's broken!! That's what forums are for!!!

So with the heavily hinted reduction in action efficiency (bye, PTL! Nerfed fcs) I think we're going to have even greater emphasis on support ships that can feed mods to their buddies 

Of course we don't know the knew sheath or Auzzie, but recspec (copilot whatever) two tubes is looking good. Conversely, with the supposed emphasis of token-mods, the Reaper could be sick.

Also, have you seen the Norra Wexly Y? Her ability is SUPER legit 

I am seeing a lot of red coordinate going around. 

34 minutes ago, Rossetti1828 said:

I really want to see how Interceptors turn out, given that the Evade action is weakened and that PTL is gone. I hope they'll be miles better now.

Don't forget, Barrel Roll is significantly weakened. 

But white action chains seems possible. Or even a whole lot of action chains, even if it stresses you. 

4 hours ago, Boba Rick said:

Not enough GUNBOAT stuff in the conversion kit...

Maybe it is a typo and meant to write 3 Gunboats and 2 Inquisitor's TIEs. Because I honstly don't get why they would include three of those, while the gunboats would have been best 3, and maybe even at 4.