The production meeting:

“So, X-Wing 2, huh? That’s a thing that seems to be happening. All on its own.”

“Yesss... and isn’t it the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?”

“Well... I mean... do you want my honest opinion?”

“Not especially. I have big plans for us.”

“Yeah, I heard. Something about a grand release?”

“Yes, that’s right.”

“Do really think that opening another Star Wars game when you haven’t been able to reliably publish RPG materials is a good idea?”

“I know this is a lot to take in, but I need you to trust me.”

“Yeah but-“

“I’ve been building successful games since before you were born.”

“Okay, but-“

“If we work together, we can capitalize on this opportunity-”

”But-“

”and avoid another disaster like Ghosts of Dathomir.”

Let's face it, X-Wing is their big money maker, when it comes to Star Wars.  But when it comes to RPGs... well, with them launching Genesys, and with L5R on the way, it's felt like Star Wars has taken a bit of a quality hit.  Maybe it's better that we wait until those games are rolling properly, before they turn attention back to SW?

2 hours ago, Enjeryuu said:

Let's face it, X-Wing is their big money maker, when it comes to Star Wars.  But when it comes to RPGs... well, with them launching Genesys, and with L5R on the way, it's felt like Star Wars has taken a bit of a quality hit.  Maybe it's better that we wait until those games are rolling properly, before they turn attention back to SW?

I dont think we have a quality hit so much as a reliably hitting release dates hit and a failure to communicate what the problem is and what they are planning to do to get us books they announced a year ago.

I'm still waiting for Fully Operational here in Europe. But I'm not going to complain too much. Even if they are more popular than they've been in along time, table top RPG's has never been a massive money-maker for any publisher. I'm glad they are supporting it at all to be frank and actually seem committed to release the final 3-4 Career supplements.  

Ghosts of Dathomir a disaster? Come on, you had to wait for one book. We german players still don't have more than a hand full of books. At least we got all the core rulebooks now (but not the reprints). The supplementary books can be counted by the fingers of one hand. And absolutely no info about further books (not the ones that were already confirmed, and of course not all the other books out there). Now tell me again GoD was a disaster...

The entire line feels as though it’s been relegated to low priority. Between the delays in hitting schedules and the lack of communication of anything of importance until the recent mystic articles, the trend is headed towards a slow death. They need to engage actively with their fan base through weekly updates. These could be as simple as adventure hooks and Adversary/nemesis creation contests, Fan art competitions, developer interviews, map decks or writer profiles. 3.5 D&D got that treatment from Wizards and it was incredible. These mini-content releases help drive interest and spur creativity. ****, they could even have a writer post up a personal session recap once in awhile. Barring that sort of interactivity, I’d settle for releases on time. But their hyperspace report is not currently worth reading. 

I know stuff is being worked on. I dont know what. But i do know several freelancers who are working on stuff. And have turned in stuff. I dont know what though. And i really wish FFG would be more communicative about it.

Part of the problem is that anywhere that isn't Amercia has a really crappy importer. Seriously, people in England probably get it half a year after Amercia gets it, and we certainly don't see FFG products in any of our stores here in Liverpool with any reliability. With service like that; it's no wonder it isn't all that popular over here.

Edited by LordBritish