Fuzzywookie

Well I’m not sure...

Just now, Alpha17 said:

I've seen all of like 2 things about 2.0 I'm not sure I care for, but otherwise, I'm loving everything I see.  It's like the developers actually listened to what people were asking for. 

Yeah I mean, I want to be negative about it as i don't want to spend so much on conversion kits, but it looks like they are fixing the key problems with the game so....

going to be expensive to convert everything at once. which is my only gripe. But since I hardly ever play imps or scum already, this will just cement that unless I NEED stuff from the other kits.

Overall I see it as a good thing. But I will have to buy a Rebel Aces to make sure I have an unpainted jake model. 

1 hour ago, Fuzzywookie said:

If I can play anymore. Anyone else have the same thoughts?

I think it will be a rough transition and some will be left in the dust. But overall, I think if you stick it out, everything will smooth over and be better off in the end.

I am a casual player (usually), and I am concerned that the APP will lack any game customization with the new fluid upgrade point system. I hope the end user will have SOME sort of control over that.

Edited by Jadotch

5 minutes ago, Wiredin said:

going to be expensive to convert everything at once. which is my only gripe. But since I hardly ever play imps or scum already, this will just cement that unless I NEED stuff from the other kits.

Overall I see it as a good thing. But I will have to buy a Rebel Aces to make sure I have an unpainted jake model. 

Exactly. I plan on a 2nd ed. Core Set and Galactic Empire Conversion Kit to start with. Its going to be a whole new game for awhile, so I should get a good amount of squads and games in with just that before I get around to picking up a Rebel Conversion Kit and the S&V kit.

No way am I going all in on Day 1 trying to replace everything.

I do feel bad for those that play Epic often, but there is still more announcements coming to see what they do with the Huge ships for conversions.

Edited by kris40k

2 minutes ago, kris40k said:

I do feel bad for those that play Epic often, but there is still more announcements coming to see what they do with the Huge ships for conversions.

well, there is hardly any tournaments for Epic. Epic is way more of a beer and pretzels around the house game. so if anything they are pretty much unaffected until further notice (once upgrades come out) 

I'm headed to the local store tonight to play. It will be interesting to see what happens between now and Sept. with amount of players showing up. I'm going to keep playing 1st ed until the store has the new stuff on the shelves, but I do expect there will be a few people that are going to chill out until they see where the game is going.

I do expect a bit of excitement and energy around those that do still show, there has been a lot of chatter about how we needed a new edition. Now its going to be months of speculating lists and such. Pretty excited :D

I was excited, then I actually started reading the articles and FAQ and now Im a little bummed. I have to learn every ships dial all over again because they most likely all changed. Many many pilot abilities are completely different like RAC getting reinforce action. Force powers, etc.

It's not even 2.0, it feels like a completely different Star Wars game with same dice and templates. Everyone is back at zero. When I face RAC with a certain ship, I know how to fight it and maneuver. Oh, its Kylo, I know how to aproach this battle cause I have done it a million times. All your experience and knowledge is capoot. That is a little disheartening.

Is it for a better game? Probably. But if anyone ever wanted to get out...

I think FFG could have fixed issues with a 2.0, like introducing medium bases, banning veterans instincts and other cards, and rereleasing all pilot and upgrade cards without point costs etc and use the app. but still kept things 'the same'. The game is not far off right now (starvipers are now playable for petes sake!) Xwings sfoils are coming and then gonna be trash!!!. Many things they did could be done here in v1.0. Introducing ALL this new stuff changes the entire game and the only thing experienced players have going for them right now is they wont land on an asteroid as much.

I will give it shot for sure cause I love the **** game, and hopefully I can just stay one faction and not have to buy into FIVE of them.

Edited by wurms

I’m all in.

i do hope we can get some epic conversions soon after launch though.

At first I was mad because while new game. But once I calmed down and saw the conversion kit details I’m pretty happy. I hope this makes more archetypes viable.

3 minutes ago, wurms said:

I was excited, then I actually started reading the articles and FAQ and now Im a little bummed. I have to learn every ships dial all over again because they most likely all changed. Many many pilot abilities are completely different like RAC getting reinforce action. Force powers, etc.

eh............

see, this is only a first glance thing. the game is actually very similar to 1.0

for example, swz07_a1_tie_spread2.png

dial literally unchanged

swz13_a3_x-wing_spread2.png

the x-wing dial is the exact same but they added in servos (2 banks are green, it gets actual trolls instead of changing 3-turns to trolls)

swz13_a3_y-wing_spread2.png
same dial, they just added green 1-banks

etc.

now, onto the "new" tokens "Charge" and "Force"

they're just ways to tracking limited use upgrades, instead of extra munitions + flipping cards over

swz01_a3_proton-torpedoes.png

and the force mechanic is the exact same as the "charge" mechanic. It is just a different token that governs a different set of upgrades/abilities. The only other difference is the article says any pilot can spend a force token to turn 1 focus into either a hit or evade.

I suspect the game is going to be very easy to get back into, once you get acclimated to the rush of NEW NEW NEW!

I’ve been struggling to play the current game recently, haven’t been to a game night in maybe a month and a half or so. I’m also having a tough time getting my games in the Vassal league scheduled partly because I’m not that excited to play current X-Wing. I’m excited again with this news, even though we’ve got the same fat turrets and combo lists and hyper stacking defensive mods going on I want to go play again and am looking forward to going to a local store these next few weeks. We’ll see when the shine wears off but I’ve got 1x each conversion kit on pre-order so I’m at least that much in.

To quote the MMOs,  can i have your stuff?  EVERYTHING that has been asked (nay, demanded) of this forum has been touched upon in this.  2.0 is here.  Secondary weapons are affected by range. PWTs are a thing of the past. Language and gameflow improved. PS wars are over.  No more cross faction upgrade purchasing. Jeebus knows what else.... You can buy a core set and a faction kit for under $100.  I was looking to play a new game.  I can buy back into this, or i can go play legion.  I think I'll be sticking around, thanks.  In no way do i feel cheated. 

But..... wait!  Asmodee Digital is a Thing now.  There's the app to consider.   There's Organized Play, and all sorts of things they appear to have on the horizon, even aside from hopefully sweet kit loot to lessen the blow on buying back in to the game.  

There is really nothing to complain about yet, and if there is, it seems FFG is setting itself up for success to address these issues in a better and faster manner then the oft ham-handed FAQs we have now...  

40 minutes ago, thebrettski said:

You can buy a core set and a faction kit for under $100. 

$73-ish at Miniature market on preorder so far, $32-ish for the core and $39.99 for the conversion kits. 

eh, I'm sure we'll sniff out the clear winners in short order

for example, turrets are gone (**** yes) but I can get a Y-wing with side-facing turrets and a forward-facing proton torpedo. And Norra Wexly, the highest initiative pilot, has a crazy ability that adds an EVADE result when even the new evade action can't do that

the real sticking point is that the gap between super cool and cool isn't completely abyssal