ficklegreendice

X-wing Second Edition GRIPE CHECKLIST!

Yeah, thanks FFG.  Guess it's time to leave.  After all the cash I spent on your stuff over the past couple of years, I'll need to buy 5 x $50 upgrade packs to keep playing and possibly multiples to field a swarm.  I don't think so...

All this is, is a $250 money grab for veteran players, great way to say thanks.

No thank you.  I'll take my business elsewhere.

Edited by Pocheese

Just now, theBitterFig said:

Still kinda BS that these ships will be locked out for a while, IMHO.

it's possible that they're released simultaneously

Armada did this when Wave 3 was just two ships (tiny floatillas, the gr-75s and gonzatis, which people were unhappy about). It released alongside Wave 4 (the Interdictor and Liberty, I believe)

1 minute ago, Stoneface said:

What about the guys that use 5 A-Wings or 4 B-Wings? How many conversions are in a "kit"?

So basically, I'm probably going to be stuck buying two of each of these.  Game needs a 2nd edition, but still.  Some of the quantities are weird to me, like 3x Inquisitor's TIE, but 2x Advanced.  3x Quadjumper, but 2x Starviper.

Rebel Alliance Conversion Kit

3 – A-wing
2 – ARC-170
2 – Auzituck Gunship
2 – B-wing
2 – E-wing
2 – Ghost
2 – HWK-290
2 – K-wing
2 – Millennium Falcon
2 – Phantom I
2 – Phantom II
2 – Sabine’s TIE Fighter
2 – U-wing
2 – X-wing
2 – Y-wing
2 – YT-2400
4 – Z-95 Headhunter

Galactic Empire Conversion Kit

2 – Alpha-class Star Wing
3 – Inquisitor’s TIE
2 – Lambda-class Shuttle
2 – TIE Advanced
3 – TIE Aggressor
3 – TIE Bomber
2 – TIE Defender
4 – TIE Fighter
3 – TIE Interceptor
2 – TIE Phantom
2 – TIE Punisher
3 – TIE Striker
3 – VT-49 Decimator

Scum and Villainy Conversion Kit

2 – Hound’s Tooth
2 – HWK-290
2 – IG-2000
3 – Kihraxz Fighter
2 – Kimogila Fighter
4 – M3-A Interceptor
2 – Mist Hunter
3 – Protectorate Starfighter
2 – Punishing One
3 – Quadjumper
2 – Scurrg H-6 Bomber
2 – Shadow Caster
2 – Slave I
2 – StarViper
2 – Y-wing
4 – Z-95 Headhunter

1 minute ago, theBitterFig said:

So basically, I'm probably going to be stuck buying two of each of these.  Game needs a 2nd edition, but still.  Some of the quantities are weird to me, like 3x Inquisitor's TIE, but 2x Advanced.  3x Quadjumper, but 2x Starviper.

3 – A-wing
2 – ARC-170
2 – Auzituck Gunship
2 – B-wing
2 – E-wing
2 – Ghost
2 – HWK-290
2 – K-wing
2 – Millennium Falcon
2 – Phantom I
2 – Phantom II
2 – Sabine’s TIE Fighter
2 – U-wing
2 – X-wing
2 – Y-wing
2 – YT-2400
4 – Z-95 Headhunter

2 – Alpha-class Star Wing
3 – Inquisitor’s TIE
2 – Lambda-class Shuttle
2 – TIE Advanced
3 – TIE Aggressor
3 – TIE Bomber
2 – TIE Defender
4 – TIE Fighter
3 – TIE Interceptor
2 – TIE Phantom
2 – TIE Punisher
3 – TIE Striker
3 – VT-49 Decimator

2 – Hound’s Tooth
2 – HWK-290
2 – IG-2000
3 – Kihraxz Fighter
2 – Kimogila Fighter
4 – M3-A Interceptor
2 – Mist Hunter
3 – Protectorate Starfighter
2 – Punishing One
3 – Quadjumper
2 – Scurrg H-6 Bomber
2 – Shadow Caster
2 – Slave I
2 – StarViper
2 – Y-wing
4 – Z-95 Headhunter

I looked for the contents but failed to find it. Maybe I'm too ticked off to see straight!

BOLD = MY STUFF

6 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

3 5– A-wing
2 2– ARC-170
2 1– Auzituck Gunship
2 3– B-wing
2 2– E-wing
2 2Ghost
2 1– HWK-290
2 1– K-wing
2 2Millennium Falcon
2 2Phantom I
2 1Phantom II
2 1– Sabine’s TIE Fighter
2 1– U-wing
2 4– X-wing
2 3– Y-wing
2 1– YT-2400
4 4– Z-95 Headhunter

2 2Alpha-class Star Wing
3 1– Inquisitor’s TIE
2 1Lambda-class Shuttle
2 2– TIE Advanced
3 1– TIE Aggressor
3 2– TIE Bomber
2 2– TIE Defender
4 7 TIE Fighter
3 3– TIE Interceptor
2 1– TIE Phantom
2 1– TIE Punisher
3 1– TIE Striker
3 1– VT-49 Decimator

2 1Hound’s Tooth
2 1– HWK-290
2 2– IG-2000
3 2– Kihraxz Fighter
2 1– Kimogila Fighter
4 3– M3-A Interceptor
2 1Mist Hunter
3 2– Protectorate Starfighter
2 2Punishing One
3 1– Quadjumper
2 1– Scurrg H-6 Bomber
2 1 Shadow Caster
2 1Slave I
2 2StarViper
2 3 Y-wing
4 4– Z-95 Headhunter

Right?  This is my main complaint.  I will point out that there are currently 3 ways to get an X wing (Saw's will be #4, but will come with V2.0 cards anyways) and yet they only provide 2 upgrade packs.  For the amount of money they're charging for freakin cardboard, they really should have given you everything you need to convert in 100pts.  Or at least everything you'd need to convert V1.0 100pts.  Or even perhaps everything less 1.  

Raise your hand if you have more X Wings than GHOSTS?  Who here has THREE Decimators but only 4 TIE fighters?  The scum one actually seems like a decent balance.

P.S.... Anyone want to buy some X Wings, Y Wings, A Wings, B Wings, or TIE Fighters?  You know, those core ships that everyone likes to see on the table?

Edited by Khyros

5 minutes ago, Stoneface said:

I looked for the contents but failed to find it. Maybe I'm too ticked off to see straight!

It's on the FAQ page here.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/x-wing-second-edition/

Mostly, I'm glad of this.  I think the game needs it.  However, having to spend like $300 bucks for conversion kits is a bit of sticker shock.  On top of that, many of my favorite ships are Resistance/FO, so if I'm playing the new game, a lot of what I have just is going to have to wait.

*Edit*

Add in that I just like a month ago broke down and bought acrylic templates, and I'm sure that templates which come out soon will have the line down the middle to facilitate easy bumping.  It's just... I dunno... I wish I knew before.

Edited by theBitterFig

I have bought a ton of X-Wing ships in the last 5 months, and only played in 1 tournament.  I understand that they want to update the game and I even understand that they need to sell me stuff to stay in business.  But I’m going to have to buy no less than $300 in conversion kits to field the ships I currently have.  Want to run four B wings that you already own?  $100.  Yeah, no thanks.

1 minute ago, General Kenobi's Chicken said:

I'm a casual player and I feel free. I have all expansions to date and tons of duplicates. I'll play what I have until I die. And save lots of money.

That said, I'll be a bit disconcerted if my Renegades and Reaper pre-orders are 2.0...

Reaper/Renegade are Both/And.

I really, REALLY don't like the idea that I can't build a real squad without the benefit of their proprietary app. An app that will presumably track exactly what I own, when I purchased it, and then send that info on to the Mouse in order to send me targeted ads for new Star Wars product.  Not like I need to be given new ideas to buy more SW product, but this seems a VERY Disney kind of tactic...

Still reading through everything else, but this one leaps out and just sticks right in my craw, even more than the conversion kit price point. I mean, they have to charge SOMETHING for all that cardstock, but $50 a pop? That's going to be a serious drain on the ol' X-Mas list (pun intended).

31 minutes ago, Stoneface said:

Just a thought. What if all the casual players said "screw it, I'll play Version 1 casual". Can the competitive players keep X-wing afloat?

Yeah, I don't think so. 

Casual players usually have a few ships only, so they really won't be bothered by paying 50 bucks to have their favorite ships be playable again. 

15 minutes ago, Batinthebelfry72 said:

I really, REALLY don't like the idea that I can't build a real squad without the benefit of their proprietary app. An app that will presumably track exactly what I own, when I purchased it, and then send that info on to the Mouse in order to send me targeted ads for new Star Wars product.  Not like I need to be given new ideas to buy more SW product, but this seems a VERY Disney kind of tactic...

Username checks out. There's no doubt it will be just like other apps, where you can simply log what you have, no fuss, no muss.

That said, RIP all my alt-art swag I got from All Wings.

Edited by StriderZessei

#1 is mine: Costs $$$

Though this is mainly just sour grapes on my part as I've just recently started to acquire more stuff, and now I need to spend extra so soon after buying it all just to play the game (via conversion kits)

I would think the problem would be abysmal sales - Like - who is going to buy a Y-Wing when you already have Y-Wings and the conversion kit already gives you stuff for multiple Y-Wings?   Who is going to buy Wave 2, and wave 3?   A-Wings?  B-Wings?  Interceptors?   Phantoms?  We already have them.   Sales will be incredibly low for any expansions they release that people already have.  

Just now, Crabbok said:

I would think the problem would be abysmal sales - Like - who is going to buy a Y-Wing when you already have Y-Wings and the conversion kit already gives you stuff for multiple Y-Wings?   Who is going to buy Wave 2, and wave 3?   A-Wings?  B-Wings?  Interceptors?   Phantoms?  We already have them.   Sales will be incredibly low for any expansions they release that people already have.  

Better get the 2.0 stuff before the game is canceled, then. 

As a casual player, why should I upgrade? The list of ships covered in one Kit is weird at best, 2 Lambda shuttles but only 4 tie fighters, 3 Decimators but only 2 Defenders... no list run 3 decimator's or 2 lambda's but there are plenty of know list with triple Defenders or 5, 6, or 7 Ties in it. At $50 dollars a kit to convert my collection will cost me at $300 dollars just based on how the ships are laid out in the kits for just Scum, Rebels, and Imps.

FFG you need to rethink your pricing if you want casual players to stay! I love the game and usually, I like what FFG does. I understand that you need t make a profit but you spent so much time listening to people complain about X-Wing tournament scene, you forgot about the people who bought and played your game for fun. I am one player and I know I will here fine we don't you need from the forums but I can not be alone in feeling the cost is outrageous and unfair.

Maybe allow players to buy the specific dials and pilot cards for their collections at a reasonable cost.