ficklegreendice

X-wing Second Edition GRIPE CHECKLIST!

Alright guys, lets start up the betting pool

What do you think the very first complaint threads will be when 2.0 launches? Pick the top 3 you think will pop up first! Bonus points for guessing the correct order!

Let's get a list going, shall we?

1.) Squad App doesn't work/is ****/costs $
(privateer press actually had these problems)

2.) Limited Gencon Release is unfair!

3.) STOCK ISSUES!!!!!!!

4.) Mobile Arcs are the New Turrets!

5.) Force Powers are BROKEN!

6.) [Insert ship/pilot here] is BROKEN!

7.) GREEN DICE STILL EXIST

sorry, this is practically guaranteed

8.) TOO COMPLICATED!
credit to
@GreenDragoon

9.) TOO EXPENSIVE/FFG IS EVIL
credit to
@Djaskim609

10.) My Alt Arts!?!?!
credit to
@Dwing

???.) Wildcard: No Complaints, just Extreme Star Wars Jubilation

Edited by ficklegreendice

No dice changes is a bit of a miss, but this is early. I would have liked to see accuracy and damage separated and surges could have given some interesting effects that could be changed for each pilot.

it depends on the app, mostly

the app removes the need to buy expansions you don't want to get the cards you need to compete in top level tournies

but if the app sucks...

but yes, cost can be a valid concern

Edited by ficklegreendice

TOTAL MONEY GRAB!!!!!!!!!

Sell me a game, then change the rules, then sell me the changed rules....   Its BS!    I get that some mechanics and older ships are now irrelevant, but if FFG really is doing this for the purposes of fixing the game then they shouldn't be SELLING me the tools i need to keep playing something i already paid for.

If this was a video game, it would be the equivalent of charging for a patch. 

1 minute ago, 48kilos said:

TOTAL MONEY GRAB!!!!!!!!!

Sell me a game, then change the rules, then sell me the changed rules....   Its BS!    I get that some mechanics and older ships are now irrelevant, but if FFG really is doing this for the purposes of fixing the game then they shouldn't be SELLING me the tools i need to keep playing something i already paid for.

If this was a video game, it would be the equivalent of charging for a patch. 

No, it would be the equivalent of a sequel.

2 minutes ago, Stoneface said:

Just a thought. What if all the casual players said "screw it, I'll play Version 1 casual". Can the competitive players keep X-wing afloat?

ideally, 2.0 is more interesting than 1.0

both ito balance and in terms of "things you can do"

As I read the lists of what's in the conversion kits (crap, I'm probably going to buy like 2 of each of those to fly a lot of lists I like...), here's one thing which strikes me: I don't see First Order/Resistance stuff listed.  B/SF-17 Bomber, TIE Silencer at least.  Perhaps T-70, TIE/SF, TIE/FO are titles applied to baseline X-Wings and TIE Fighters, but still: I don't see Silencer or Resistance Bomber listed.

Just now, theBitterFig said:

As I read the lists of what's in the conversion kits (crap, I'm probably going to buy like 2 of each of those to fly a lot of lists I like...), here's one thing which strikes me: I don't see First Order/Resistance stuff listed.  B/SF-17 Bomber, TIE Silencer at least.  Perhaps T-70, TIE/SF, TIE/FO are titles applied to baseline X-Wings and TIE Fighters, but still: I don't see Silencer or Resistance Bomber listed.

Resistance and first order conversion kits are coming wave II

3 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Resistance and FO are own factions now. Epic ships aren't in the conversion kits either. Guess they'll cost extra again.

3 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

What about the guys that use 5 A-Wings or 4 B-Wings? How many conversions are in a "kit"?