Jump to content
Visovics

Pure Disappointment...

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, jamie nasmyth said:

Hope

Do you remember Crusade from 1999, featuring Peter Woodward as Galen? Well, according to that character, "There is always hope. Only because it's the one thing that no one has figured out how to kill yet."

But what he had no way of knowing was that FFG is working to that very end - to kill hope. They have their top people working on it! And after years of development they are ready to test the prototype - its codename is "Something Big"!!

I guess it works!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Muelmuel said:

i wonder, what would happen if an entire community went full nelson on it's forum?

It's usually what happens every six months because FFG doesn't engage with Armada more than releases plus 2 other articles per year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 they did not completely lie, but was very misleading, the hyperspace announcement says "give you a look ahead at some of our upcoming Star Wars products."  But it was so misleading they should have just come clean and said we will have a  big announcement for X-wing not hype all games just to kill us. I am pretty upset about this I wasted an hour of my life I will never get back watching and waiting for more but this is all it was, I'm a little put out by it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, xero989 said:

 they did not completely lie, but was very misleading, the hyperspace announcement says "give you a look ahead at some of our upcoming Star Wars products."  But it was so misleading they should have just come clean and said we will have a  big announcement for X-wing not hype all games just to kill us. I am pretty upset about this I wasted an hour of my life I will never get back watching and waiting for more but this is all it was, I'm a little put out by it.

yep. why not be specific? If thats what they wanted to showcase thats what they should have said. Be clear, transparent. Results include: not pissing off your fanbase, keeping the forums cool, keeping the speculation going, not disappointing fans, giving FLGS hope to fill shelves with new product etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FoaS said:

It's usually what happens every six months because FFG doesn't engage with Armada more than releases plus 2 other articles per year.

Nah, our community really is pretty peaceable. i'm surprised how amiable we already are toward the news and repeated letdowns. Consider Admiral Nelson's posts back in the day of wave 3, and multiply that by the community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Undeadguy said:

So who wants to jump on X-Wing, the new hotness?

I'm interested in the new XWing for the first time, really.  It looks like they have addressed my main complaints with the game.  I still have Star Trek Attack Wing on the shelf somewhere...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Eggzavier said:

"Your favorite star wars products" my assery

We all voted on twitter a while ago. Xwing won by a country mile. Ergo its "your" the voting publics favourite product.

Though Lego star wars model werent voting options. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SoonerTed said:

I'm interested in the new XWing for the first time, really.  It looks like they have addressed my main complaints with the game.  I still have Star Trek Attack Wing on the shelf somewhere...

If it wasnt for having to drop $150-250 to convert all of my stuff I would be more excited. I am on the fence and see what the locals are doing before I start upgrading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, GiledPallaeon said:

IF they do that we'll be down to one Wave a year. That will kill the game, bolt its coffin shut with nails the size of a man's arm, and hit the coffin with the Death Star's superlaser.

Well they *could* announce the next two upcoming waves, Summer 2018, Q1 2019, to hold people over. They could, but they would never.  There's probably a core team at FFG that love Armada and want to see it succeed, but upper management sees it not making as much $$ as X-Wing, so they probably pull people off all the time.

 

On the other hand, maybe they pulled staff and resources off of Armada to work on this X-Wing 2.0 and now that its been announced people can go back to Armada - ahhh who am I kidding this is FFG they don't think like that, they dont even inform their fans of correct information when making a big announcement. 

Edited by eliteone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this too optimistic?

didn't last time they do this...  they dropped legion in the conference and then brought out chimera/raddus a week or so after?

or is my mind warped by severe desperation for armada news, like a terrible geeky kid in a desert devoid of toys?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Undeadguy said:

So who wants to jump on X-Wing, the new hotness?

As a former XWing player, I'm following the 2.0 announcements with great interest.  Paradoxically, since I jumped out so long ago, I won't have to spend that much on conversion kits.  However, Armada is way more my style of game and I won't jump ship as long as there are people to play with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Betjajun said:

Is this too optimistic?

didn't last time they do this...  they dropped legion in the conference and then brought out chimera/raddus a week or so after?

or is my mind warped by severe desperation for armada news, like a terrible geeky kid in a desert devoid of toys?

 

We are the only Star Wars miniature gamevwithout “active” news that there will be something new.

 

Only a promise almost 12 months old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...