Visovics

Pure Disappointment...

11 minutes ago, Flavorabledeez said:

I see.

I also see that if i were in marketing I’d do the same. For every person calling out the company for an announcement “bait and switch,” there’s probably ten who are saying “cool, X-wing is something I can get into/back into now.”

(Ignoring the possibility that they might lose a lot of players over X-wing 2.0, there’s a lot of salt over there)

I think I would have had a few more details about the Imperial Assault announcement or something and then just said, "See?  X-Wing 2.0 AND the new IA expansion.  Eh?  Eh?"

Nobody can ***** then.  Ha ha.

3 minutes ago, ricefrisbeetreats said:

I think I would have had a few more details about the Imperial Assault announcement or something and then just said, "See?  X-Wing 2.0 AND the new IA expansion.  Eh?  Eh?"

Nobody can ***** then.  Ha ha.

But would that’ve stopped the complaints?

Feels like there would be threads saying “oh, you can completely revamp X-wing and make add-ons for the dying IA but can’t give us another wave of Armada.”

Internet forums are not for positivity (for the most part).

1 minute ago, Flavorabledeez said:

Feels like there would be threads saying “oh, you can completely revamp X-wing and make add-ons for the dying IA but can’t give us another wave of Armada.”

It's possible.  From the arguments I've heard, it's that people were told "Come to see ALL the new upcoming Star Wars products!" And so people made sure to attend the hyperspace report or stream (don't people have to work?) with the hope that their game of choice was one that would be revealed.

I think there might have been disappointment if your favorite game wasn't in the report, but I think this goes down to poor management.  I'd have had a comment for every game in their Star Wars products.  Even a throwaway, "This game is doing great!  I'm so happy with the recent errata.  Keep an eye out for something in the next few weeks/GenCon/whenever that will get you really pumped!"

And then they just need to follow through with it.  I'm sure there would be people upset that there wasn't a plastic reveal, but I think there would be just as many who would be excited to get the nod.  I think many of the players just want to know whether or not they should keep expecting new stuff.  For me, them continuing to put out new material is the only thing holding me back from starting a fan-run homebrew site.  I'd love to get new Corellian Conflict-style maps and rules out there as well as new admirals, but I don't want to step on toes while it's being supported by FFG.  I'd rather collaborate with them if possible.

4 minutes ago, ricefrisbeetreats said:

It's possible.  From the arguments I've heard, it's that people were told "Come to see ALL the new upcoming Star Wars products!" And so people made sure to attend the hyperspace report or stream (don't people have to work?) with the hope that their game of choice was one that would be revealed.

I listened while at work. Outside Wi-Fi connection is nice. 

And I think has they given a throwaway for each game some folks would have been upset. But not the level I think we've seen this week. That feeling of bait and switch really irks people. 

1 minute ago, draco193 said:

I listened while at work. Outside Wi-Fi connection is nice. 

And I think has they given a throwaway for each game some folks would have been upset. But not the level I think we've seen this week. That feeling of bait and switch really irks people. 

I'm just kidding.  I've been sitting on these boards today for an hour and a half at work.  I now realize what studies meant when they said people only do about 3 hours of meaningful work in a work day.

36 minutes ago, Flavorabledeez said:

That’s why I included the part about it all being relative to everyone’s individual experience. Don’t leave that out of what I said.

Right, but I don't think it is. My point was that a bad thing isn't made any less bad by the existence of an even worse thing, regardless of personal experience.

Let's say you get into a new minis game, but when you go to a tournament there's a representative of the company there who smashes all of the losing players' minis with a hammer and laughs in their faces. Is the WizKids conduct you described suddenly all cool now?

On second thought, I should have quoted this bit as well:

1 hour ago, Flavorabledeez said:

this might be a big deal to you, but until it happens with the actual product it’s not really a thing

Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding your point, but to me this sounds like "you shouldn't complain, because worse things have happened".

1 hour ago, Flavorabledeez said:

I see.

I also see that if i were in marketing I’d do the same. For every person calling out the company for an announcement “bait and switch,” there’s probably ten who are saying “cool, X-wing is something I can get into/back into now.”

(Ignoring the possibility that they might lose a lot of players over X-wing 2.0, there’s a lot of salt over there)

devils advocate is not a popular stance in a forum either....just say'n. 

29 minutes ago, Villakarvarousku said:

Right, but I don't think it is. My point was that a bad thing isn't made any less bad by the existence of an even worse thing, regardless of personal experience.

Let's say you get into a new minis game, but when you go to a tournament there's a representative of the company there who smashes all of the losing players' minis with a hammer and laughs in their faces. Is the WizKids conduct you described suddenly all cool now?

On second thought, I should have quoted this bit as well:

Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding your point, but to me this sounds like "you shouldn't complain, because worse things have happened".

I am saying that there’s worse out there, for sure, but in regards to the latter it’s not a real bait and switch until actual product is promised and then changed. 

Creating an announcement in this fashion is just considered “marketing,” and as irksome as it may be for some, it works.

4 hours ago, Flavorabledeez said:

I see.

That attitude and view of the world is why I consider every marketing and sales person I interact with to be a lying POS until proven otherwise.  Even the ones who work at my company.

I also play IA so disappointment has been my thing for months.

At least Tyrants of Lothal is on the radar and we've recently had wave 7 in Armada. Just need to hear whats coming in Wave 8. Patience!

I know XW dominated and the announcement about the HS didn't indicate this, but relaunching XW is really big news as its STILL thr biggest seller. If it means power creep is resolved I'll go back to it, but now I play Armada I can simply balance out my gaming time between them (and IA). Why just play 1? I have moderate collections of all of them and don't just but everything of one game.

14 minutes ago, Valca said:

That attitude and view of the world is why I consider every marketing and sales person I interact with to be a lying POS until proven otherwise.  Even the ones who work at my company.

I agree with this completely l and don’t want my understanding of what happened as a marketing tool to come off as a defense of it.

I’ll even go one step more and say that those who are in marketing are nothing more than neo-colonialists.

Just now, Gallanteer said:

I also play IA so disappointment has been my thing for months.

At least Tyrants of Lothal is on the radar and we've recently had wave 7 in Armada. Just need to hear whats coming in Wave 8. Patience!

I know XW dominated and the announcement about the HS didn't indicate this, but relaunching XW is really big news as its STILL thr biggest seller. If it means power creep is resolved I'll go back to it, but now I play Armada I can simply balance out my gaming time between them (and IA). Why just play 1? I have moderate but not huge collections of all of them and don't buy everything available. E.g. I'm a rebel player but not got Liberty or Pelta and only got multiple Nebs and CR90s so far.

5 minutes ago, Flavorabledeez said:

I agree with this completely l and don’t want my understanding of what happened as a marketing tool to come off as a defense of it.

I’ll even go one step more and say that those who are in marketing are nothing more than neo-colonialists.

Yeah, I wasn't lumping you in with the marketeers. You were presenting a possible perspective from that worldview.

On 5/1/2018 at 3:18 PM, cynanbloodbane said:

If FFG doesn't want my money, so be it! Something Big is coming for me! Just pulled the trigger on half my 3D printed wishlist. 

To quote Pedro Cerrano, "I'm good to you. I stick up for you. But if you no help me now, I say **** you Jobo. I do it myself!"

LinedBrilliantKoala-max-1mb.gif

Well, it looks like my "Wave 8 me" ships out today. Still no sign of an announcement from FFG. I'll be sure to post some unboxing pics as soon as it arrives, hopefully tomorrow. ;)

1 hour ago, Admiral Calkins said:

That looks awesome and will look even better when painted. Time for the community to invest in more A-Wings.

Arvel Crynd (A-wing squadron):

"If this squadron is destroyed, roll 1 red die.  On a [double hit] result, deal 20 facedown damage cards to an enemy ship at distance 1."

20 pts, brace, scatter, counter 2.

Makes every game exciting and unpredictable.

Edited by The Jabbawookie

4 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Arvel Crynd (A-wing squadron):

"If this squadron is destroyed, roll 1 red dice.  On a [double hit] result, deal 20 facedown damage cards to an enemy ship at distance 1."

20 pts, brace, scatter, counter 2.

Makes every game exciting and unpredictable.

Yes! FFG, you better be ******* paying attention to this...

On 5/3/2018 at 7:10 AM, Flavorabledeez said:

I am POSITIVELY disappointed in FFG for not releasing any new information about the lack of information about the lack of new wave for armada and no SSD yet.

Edited by Zeoinx