xanderf

X-Wing 2nd edition announced

I'm shocked! I just finished collecting a wave of IX and now I have to start everything from the beginning? Very bad news. I'm upset.

Just now, TheWampa said:

Also, according to Jakes Card there is now range 0.

Probably something to do with the changes to blocking and bumping. Learning the specifics of that will be super interesting. Norra's pilot ability requires range 0 or 1 I think, in a Y wing. I'm gonna run into something.

9 minutes ago, JohnBoo said:

And there it is - New pilot probably only available in the 2.0 ship blister pack.  Buy conversion kits AND new ship packs everyone!

They've already said all of the pilots that are new in the blister packs are included in the conversion kits.

Edited by Otacon
Auto correct is extra dumb

4 minutes ago, JohnBoo said:

And there it is - New pilot probably only available in the 2.0 ship blister pack.  Buy conversion kits AND new ship packs everyone!

(you all covered it above - woo community!)

That being said, getting a sweet new x-wing with folding s-foils and that awesome y-wing will be very tempting....

Edited by Simonsays3
SUPER sniped :)

Some part of me is happy about 2.0. But I do not like the idea of the force. This sounds like some extra conditions. Charges sound tricky - with the limited amount they should cost lest. 

Really don't like the new art - looks like they took the idea from Star trek attack wing. Nor do I like the new sized cards - they will not fit in the pockets.

Also, since I have not yet got one of each from 1st ed, I am not sure what should I start buying.. :(

Wonder if you can see the costs of the upgrade cards in the builder. Just ou of curiosity. 

Edited by Wibs

Hoping upgrade cards don't require micro transactions through the app.  Some of the included/leaked photos show cards we know about, not sure about the stacks of upgrades I have currently though.

Edited by Cr0aker

2 minutes ago, RebelProfundity said:

Probably something to do with the changes to blocking and bumping. Learning the specifics of that will be super interesting. Norra's pilot ability requires range 0 or 1 I think, in a Y wing. I'm gonna run into something.

Howlrunner is 0-1 as well.

I so hope they killed off Harpoons.

I'm still bummed that the conversion kits just won't suit me (ME!) and everything new will be incompatible with all my old not-ship stuff AND digital screen reliances...  But... but... boost and reinforce on the Firespray...  goodbye VI.... Force powers.... Vader is gonna be so good!!

I'm just really confused about my feelings right now.

3 minutes ago, Cr0aker said:

Hoping upgrade cards don't require micro transactions through the app.  Some of the included/leaked photos show cards we know about, not sure about the stacks of upgrades I have currently though.

The physical cards still come with the ships and conversion kits, this was clearly stated.  The app is for point costs/squad building.  There won't be micro-transactions for upgrades in the app.

Jim

So looking at least £183.35 to convert my existing collection to 2.0 (assuming the Resistance and First Order conversion kits costs the same), and I'll need a few extra bits and pieces where I have more than the amount provided in the conversion kits. Not to mention all the storage I'll need for the new cards, bases tokens etc. plus now it needs an app and I just know they won't make one for Windows phone.

Why do you only see your customers as cash machines to be milked FFG? This is a lot of money to some people, and I think you are going to loose a lot of customers with families where money is tight and they may have been able to afford a new wave every few months, but this is going to be too much.

1 hour ago, GreenDragoon said:

How many ships does each Conversion Kit convert?

The number of ships supported (by maneuver dials included) in each Conversion Kit are:

Rebel Alliance Conversion Kit

3 – A-wing
2 – ARC-170
2 – Auzituck Gunship
2 – B-wing
2 – E-wing
2 – Ghost
2 – HWK-290
2 – K-wing
2 – Millennium Falcon
2 – Phantom I
2 – Phantom II
2 – Sabine’s TIE Fighter
2 – U-wing
2 – X-wing
2 – Y-wing
2 – YT-2400
4 – Z-95 Headhunter

Galactic Empire Conversion Kit

2 – Alpha-class Star Wing
3 – Inquisitor’s TIE
2 – Lambda-class Shuttle
2 – TIE Advanced
3 – TIE Aggressor
3 – TIE Bomber
2 – TIE Defender
4 – TIE Fighter
3 – TIE Interceptor
2 – TIE Phantom
2 – TIE Punisher
3 – TIE Striker
3 – VT-49 Decimator

Scum and Villainy Conversion Kit

2 – Hound’s Tooth
2 – HWK-290
2 – IG-2000
3 – Kihraxz Fighter
2 – Kimogila Fighter
4 – M3-A Interceptor
2 – Mist Hunter
3 – Protectorate Starfighter
2 – Punishing One
3 – Quadjumper
2 – Scurrg H-6 Bomber
2 – Shadow Caster
2 – Slave I
2 – StarViper
2 – Y-wing
4 – Z-95 Headhunter

So I will need 2 or 3 OF EACH FACTION UPDATE BOX AT $50 EACH to keep playing this game in the way to which I am accustomed??

HA HA HA!!!

Kiss my grits.  Darth Meanie, over and out.

3 minutes ago, DaProfezzur said:

How about our old upgrades cards, can we still use them?

My guess is most will have the same names, but chances are the new versions will have different wording or even work differently altogether.