xanderf

X-Wing 2nd edition announced

14 minutes ago, PanchoX1 said:

so now all of the valuable alt arts are worthless. yay.

other than that, it's pretty cool. but Honestly don't know what this is gonna do to our very young local x-wing scene.

Let's be honest... they were worthless to begin with, when you get down to it... they just had different pictures.

1 minute ago, DarkArk said:

Also I'm somewhat disappointed they didn't take the opportunity to put the art of the pilots on the pilot cards. It's a minor quibble but it does annoy me.

Not watching this myself, but... they might put it on the card back? 

A pilot pic+bio in the back of the card would be infinitely cool. 

A conversion kit for each faction?? As mostly a play at home with family player not sure. I kinda like the cards even if they get in the way. Will have to see. Not sure I want to shell out for each faction that will get pricey 

2 minutes ago, Jadotch said:

I will most likely need 2 for each faction .... Sigh ... 

that's what I am thinking as well... how many dials/bases do they include of each ship in each pack? 2 of each? 3 of each? depending on the unit? If I need to buy 2 rebel boxes to field 6 a-wings I'll be beyond pissed... I'm gonna be pissed aren't I?

1 minute ago, Stevey86 said:

I will wait to see what changes they’ve made to the HWK-290 before I get excited.

Jan Ors has been a mainstay of my lists for years. I'm very cautious about this too...

So exciting, glad to hear my ships will still work. Sad my alt arts and cards are now worthless though. Hopefully they will let me use the old ruler sets too, because I definitely have a favorite.

Just can't make myself feel bad about it though. A bit of money lost. A ton of money to spend in the near future. So glad I waited just a little while longer on getting my own Raider for some cards and an admittedly badass epic that I would never use. On the other hand, I will probably still pre-order the new wave just for the plastic. 

Thanks FFG. I promise you will still get the cash just as soon as I can start putting it into 2.0 instead. Also, and I mean it, thank you so much to everyone who helped show FFG how much we care about their game and what we really want it to be. 

Standard bumped from 100 to 200, presumably roughly the same number of ships per squad, just increased granularity in points.

Edited by Otacon

5 minutes ago, Trghpu1994 said:

A conversion kit for each faction?? As mostly a play at home with family player not sure. I kinda like the cards even if they get in the way. Will have to see. Not sure I want to shell out for each faction that will get pricey 

Same same. We have 20 odd ships across all 3 factions. Those conversion kits just won't work for us... 

It's gonna be an ebay extravaganza.

Card wise, happy to print, cut and laminate but I've already done like 300 this year :(

I think this 2.0 biz might remain a closely guarded secret in my house.

11 minutes ago, Djaskim609 said:

50 bucks for each faction conversion kit---FU FFG. This really sucks--I built my collection over time and now I have to shell out this much effing cash? 

You don't have to do anything. You can keep playing 1.0 just fine, no one's holding a gun to your head- especially if you play at home mostly.

Really think they should have gone with an all inclusive conversion pack with all three factions for $100. In addition to the three separate. 

I don't really play X-Wing competitively in my area so I'm not even sure if I will convert. I'm pretty fine with my current 1.0, even though I have all but three of the ships.