xanderf

X-Wing 2nd edition announced

4 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

wow they're actually taking a page from Privateer Press?

this is sweet

wonder how the packs they're just releasing are going to integrate with this, though

Myself, I'm super pumped that the Lambda finally has a rear-arc.  Looks like it's a bullseye arc only, but still...I'll take it!

Just now, ficklegreendice said:

you know, I was thinking of selling a sizable portion of my collection to make space

...huh good thing I procrastinate on that

Yeah, the conversion kits will be interesting to see.  It looks a lot like the new design structure they are working with are going to really change the game for ship's we've long known and loved/hated.

I mean...in a very real way, it's like that shelf of models we all have are now suddenly all new ships.

Like...we just got 50+ new ships announced.  That we already (mostly) own.  It's...fantastic!

(Although I do think I'm going to have to buy 4 new Y-Wings to get that new mold...it looks pretty sweet)

Just now, ficklegreendice said:

actually really concerned about gencon pre-release and stock issues that FFG has famously had over the early wave reprints and even more recently with the first wave of Destiny

this is probably going to be an infuriating transition when it comes to just getting the stuff you need to play

Testify!

So..... everything but our plastic will be invalidated?

•_•

Sounds very promising. But my boys do love card based games. They browse the cards avidly between games. Sounds like they're gonna be demanding my phone even more ?

Still, if I were other than a family based, kitchen table gamer, I'd probably be stoked. I do dislike the fact that everything has to involve a screen these days but I guess it makes sense in a competitive balance sense.

Because ofc, EVERYONE cares about competitive balance...

Yeah. I'm both pleased and displeased. It's confusing.

Just now, Cuz05 said:

So..... everything but our plastic will be invalidated?

And the dice.  They said specifically the dice are the same.  Also the maneuver templates don't look different - wish they'd include a 4-bank, but I didn't see it, I think?  Not sure they showed that, sort of a lot to process.

But, yeah, all the cards - totally different, now.  Different information on them, used different ways, just...total change.

(And note that the plastic changes, in some small way, too - new "medium" bases, which are included in the conversion kits)

18 minutes ago, Otacon said:

Points cost/upgrade types handled through the app rather than being printed on the cards. No more not being able to errata point costs and upgrade slots, thank god.

Perfect. This is what I have wanted for a long time. Will make balance updates much more agile and cut down a lot on the need for annoying "fix" cards 

5 minutes ago, Phoenix5454 said:

oh god... I have so many ships.... im going to go broke buying conversion kits...

Yes ... All according to plan.

Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design. Your friends, up there on the sanctuary moon, are walking into a trap, as is your rebel fleet. It was I who allowed the alliance to know the location of the shield generator. It is quite safe from your pitiful little band. An entire legion of my best troops await them. Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive.

Edited by Jadotch

3 minutes ago, markcsoul said:

Hmm, 5 factions now, and force powers added...

Could clone war factions be just around the corner??

I hope so. Would make sense given what they've just shown, and then have 7 factions in the game.

I'm really curious how making the Resistance and FO their own factions is going to play out. QD no longer gets Palpatine. Obviously they're going to release a bunch of ships for then in Wave 2 of 2.0.

apart from stock issues (and probably balance **** ups), the only bad thing about 2.0 is I didn't even get to announce my alt art cards yet and they're invalidated :(

otherwise, it's very exciting. So long, turrets! Ain't no one going to miss your poorly-designed asses!

Edited by ficklegreendice