xanderf

X-Wing 2nd edition announced

20 minutes ago, JLank said:

So I know the conversion kits are supposed to contain all the 2.0 content... I’m presuming this means the entire catalogue of new upgrade cards, minus any upgrades that are specific to other factions. Is that what others have taken from what’s been stated so far?

That's how I'm reading it. There isn't going to be something in the 2.0 X-wing expansion that isn't available in the conversion kit. It seems to me you'll need a new core and the appropriate conversion kits for your present collection. Saw's Renegades will be hybrid. I suspect you'll get a 1.0 and a 2.0 maneuver dial and ship token for the two ships. 

I also suspect that the allotment in the conversion kits works quite well with the quick build cards/system they talked about. 

Edited by Frimmel

oh hey, the new small ship packs are $20 now

seem a bit bulkier than the 1.0 packs

"

The T-65 X-Wing Expansion Pack for X-Wing Second Edition includes a beautifully-painted T-65 X-wing miniature for you to add to your squadron, a maneuver dial, and all the ship and upgrade cards you need to fly this iconic starfighter into battle. In addition, the T-65 X-Wing Expansion Pack contains a few entirely new cards that have never before appeared in the game's first edition. These new cards and associated punchboard are also included in the Rebel Alliance Conversion Kit for the benefit of veteran players!

"

ah so if the conversion kit is no bueno due to distribution, I guess you gotta buy more models?

Edited by ficklegreendice

1 minute ago, Frimmel said:

That's how I'm reading it. There isn't going to be something in the 2.0 X-wing expansion that isn't available in the conversion kit. It seems to me you'll need a new core and the appropriate conversion kits for your present collection. Saw's Renegades will be hybrid. I suspect you'll get a 1.0 and a 2.0 maneuver dial and ship token for the two ships. 

If you can get just the core set and the conversion kits and not have to get the new blisters i'll be even more excited. The Blisters should just be for new people.

30 minutes ago, Bulwyf said:

My wife and I came back recently to the game but this is a deal breaker.

Backwards compatible means buying a mandatory new starter box around 50.00 USD plus a conversion kit that doesn't have enough of the ships we play for each faction  at 150.00 USD plus another conversion kit for Rebels and Imps. That's 300.00 USD just to keep  using the ships we've already spent a small fortune on.

I'm baffled as to why anyone is happy with this change. 300.00 USD just to keep using the same ships you already bought? ?

Well, I am happy because of the ships that I own, 70% are worthless and among them are many of my favourites. I'll start of spending 150$ (rebels, imps, core) to see how the edition plays and then gradually get upgrade kits to get everything I want ready (starting with scum). You also mentioned that you play mostly at home - nothing stopping you from playing 1st ed. and saving up if you are interested in 2nd.

I am so so happy about this. My love for X-Wing had been gone, and this does everything I want to rekindle it. It is very good FFG announced this so early so I can start saving up already. I'm looking forward to getting my Bombers on the table, new Concussion Missile already looks fabulous!

Except for my number of TIE fighters and X-wings the conversion kits cover my collection. I was worried after looking at Rebels I'd be one short on my Protectorate scum faction fighters but they cover that. 

1 minute ago, Vineheart01 said:

Heres hoping the new medium/large bases dont have the pathetic pegs the large bases have....

Damnit, I knew FFG forgot to improve something.

1 minute ago, Cusm said:

Looks like we need new sleeves for the upgrade cards too. That sucks.

Everything seems to have at least one pack of FFG sleeves included.

The starter and conversion packs have multiple sleeve packs included.

7 minutes ago, Frimmel said:

If I have to guess, I would assume that starting Wave3 (or Wave4) new ship packs would have upgrade cards (not pilot cards) not included in the conversion kit. Otherwise why would FFG release ships in waves (as opposed to a single big release) if it doesn't bring in any new content? (On the other hand there is an argument for the ability to buy a new pack or an old pack (that is much cheaper) and a conversion kit).

I suspect the templates/damage deck isnt in the conversion kit.

Also conversion kit is for old stuff, any new releases after 2.0 will most definitely have new things in it. This is ffg, they sell cards not ships.

3 minutes ago, PT106 said:

If I have to guess, I would assume that starting Wave3 (or Wave4) new ship packs would have upgrade cards (not pilot cards) not included in the conversion kit. Otherwise why would FFG release ships in waves (as opposed to a single big release) if it doesn't bring in any new content? (On the other hand there is an argument for the ability to buy a new pack or an old pack (that is much cheaper) and a conversion kit).

My guess is they're doing waves so they can help retailers sell through their stock of 1.0 ships. You can wait till whenever for Dengar to arrive or get the conversion kit and a 1.0 model. And given that it is already pretty easy to find 1.0 collections on eBay and such... 

20 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

oh hey, the new small ship packs are $20 now

seem a bit bulkier than the 1.0 packs

I guess $5 is the price we pay for articulating models.

56 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

Will be interesting to see how many third party builders stick around past 2.0. 

They really can't.  With an app, FFG now has full control over online listbuilders.  I just hope folks keep up their old 1.0 builders for those of us that quit.

1 hour ago, VanderLegion said:

Out of curiosity, where do you need 3 (outside of epic)?  Most ships look to have about half of a lists worth of ships supported, so 2 should cover a full list of most ships.

As pointed out above:  I.  Always.  Play.  Epic.

I have 12 Defenders, Interceptors, TIE Fighters, TIE FOs, and 4 of every large ship.  Because I could fly them in Epic.

This absolutely destroys my ability to play this game the way I do.

Not to mention, as usual, FFG baldly states that those who enjoy Epic are being left behind.

40 minutes ago, Bulwyf said:

I'm baffled as to why anyone is happy with this change. 300.00 USD just to keep using the same ships you already bought? ?

Yeah, it hilarious.  Everyone who complained they would never be OK with a reboot are totally about face with spending $50+ per faction to start over again.

38 minutes ago, DailyRich said:

Or, you know, you and your friends keep playing 1.0.

If you can. . .I hope the online builders remain in place for those of us who are going to hold here.

38 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

Because it has a ton of much needed changes and updates to the game that should make the game much better.  And you can play just fine wiith only one conversion kit per faction, you just can't spam a full list o fthe same ship unless you buy a second.

If you only ever played the formerly 100/6.  The kitchen table crowd just got hosed.

34 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

So you don't buy 2 conversion kits for every faction right off the bat?  Buy a core set and pick a faction to start with, then pick up the rest over time to expand back out.

Also great if you only play the same list/faction over-and-over.  I never play the same list twice.  I never play the same faction twice in a row.

33 minutes ago, InterceptorMad said:

You don't NEEEEEED to spend $300+ right away. How many games are you playing per month and how many diff lists in the diff factions are those games?

Yeah.  I can go back to playing only 1/5th of my collection for months.  Awesome.

4 minutes ago, Admiral Deathrain said:

Well, I am happy because of the ships that I own, 70% are worthless and among them are many of my favourites.

In tournament play.  I used almost everything in my collection.

3 minutes ago, DailyRich said:

$50 is a hit, but you're getting a ton of cardboard, cards, and in some cases plastic (the medium bases) in there.

x 10+ for me.  5 factions, 2-3 per faction.

Just to get back to where I was yesterday.

1 minute ago, Cusm said:

There is no way they do a conversion kit for Resistance and First Order, there are only 6 ships between them.

Well, plus the Falcon. But yeah they're going to do it.

There also might be a bit of faction crossover to help bolster the ship numbers. Maybe we get some Resistance A-wings and such.