Sign in to follow this  
01jbell

Norra, A wookie and a kid

hey I am playing around with a list, hoping to get some input on things I could change/add or take away.

I am playing around with the idea of a stress bot and I think ezra is currently the best. just in front of a arc-170.

I am planning to take this to a local tournament and have some success at least 50% win to lose ratio

also I am not using any turret ships as I am getting board of using tlt and Miranda that's why I am trying  using norra.  

so here is the list I currently have any advice or changes would be great.  feel free to redo the whole list if that is some thing I am missing

Norra Wexley — ARC-170 29
Expertise 4
Tail Gunner 2
R2-D2 4
Alliance Overhaul 0
Ship Total: 39

Lowhhrick — Auzituck Gunship 28
Predator 3
Rey 2
C-3PO 3
Ship Total: 36

Ezra Bridger (Sheathipede) — Sheathipede-class Shuttle 17
Veteran Instincts 1
Gunner 5
R3-A2 2
Ship Total: 25

thank you for any tips or advice  in advance

I'd go Selflessness or Draw their Fire on Lowhhrick. Takes the heat off Norra. Low isn't really there for an offensive threat. I'd use him to keep Norra safe and alive and let her do the damage. Can you explain why you have Gunner on Ezra? I'm not seeing that as the best crew member for him but I could be looking at it wrong.

might give selflessness  go as norra is my main damage dealer so need to keep her alive.

the reason for gunner is to have the chance of double stressing, as two attack dice primary will miss a lot against a lot of ships and two stress is a lot better then one.  it also  forces people to either take a damage or get double stressed as well so helps push through some damage from a 2 dice attack. If I replaced it with tact I don't know what to do with the extra 3 points it gives me.

any tips on what to do with the left over 2 points if I get rid of pred on lowhrick? , maybe snap shot on ezra with a one point bid?

Edited by 01jbell

42 minutes ago, 01jbell said:

might give selflessness  go as norra is my main damage dealer so need to keep her alive.

the reason for gunner is to have the chance of double stressing, as two attack dice primary will miss a lot against a lot of ships and two stress is a lot better then one.  it also  forces people to either take a damage or get double stressed as well so helps push through some damage from a 2 dice attack. If I replaced it with tact I don't know what to do with the extra 3 points it gives me.

41 minutes ago, 01jbell said:

any tips on what to do with the left over 2 points if I get rid of pred on lowhrick? , maybe snap shot on ezra with a one point bid?

Sorry, yeah that makes sense to do the double stress with Gunner. Snapshot would be nice. Gives you the potential for 3 stresses if you go that route. Though, I'd almost want to do Snapshot and go Maul or Inspiring Recruit for crew. You'll only sometimes put two stresses on a ship, but it gives Ezra a way to deal with having stress. If you're not worried about Ezra being stressed, then keep Gunner and aim to hand out those two to three stresses per round.

If you decide to keep VI on Ezra, I'd put the extra points towards Vectored Thrusters on Norra to help you line up that rear arc to trigger tail gunner.

Edited by jwilliamson12

Yeah not too worried about a stressed ezra due to his ability. 

May try snap shot list with one point bid. The only thing with vector thrusters is norra then won't be able to gain a target lock for her ability.

However it may be more useful then snap shot as makes it a 41 point ship that can survive till the end of a game. 

See, now you have me thinking you should go Fenn Rau to give Norra a coordinate. Totally goes off your original concept, but gives Norra the chance to VT - BR after everyone else or TL once a higher PS gets in range.

Norra Wexley (29)
Expertise (4)
Tail Gunner (2)
R2-D2 (4)
Vectored Thrusters (2)
Alliance Overhaul (0)

Fenn Rau (Sheathipede) (20)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Hotshot Co-pilot (4)
Flight-Assist Astromech (1)

Lowhhrick (28)
Selflessness (1)
C-3PO (3)
Intelligence Agent (1)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

You’ll definitely want to reinforce every turn with Low, so Rey isn’t helping you much there. Push the limit is probably Norra’s best EPT, and you can save a point there, green maneuvers will be your default with R2 unless you’re sitting at full shields. So you’ll always lose the stress and have a target lock and focus to use the ability.

Do those things and you have 3 points left for upgrades. I would also certainly remove the gunner from Ezra to save you 5 points. If it was me, I’d remove sheathipede altogether and replace with Y-wing running a TLT. In which point you would have 9 additional upgrade points. But if you want a stress bot that won’t help you. 

Put tacticitian instead of Rey on Low, that will help you hand stress out.

Yeah the reason I had for exp instead of ptl was to do with fenn rau and his power to stop norra using tokens. But may go back to ptl has does give the option to to and say BR if I have vector thrusters. 

I would like to keep the stress bot as it's a great counter to fenn rau. 

The reason for Rey was to slow roll first 3 or so turns and stack a few Rey tokens on him before I engage with every one what way in the first engagement I can get focus and reinforce for a few turns which may be a massive help. 

Lol, I'm flying Norra and Strezzra these days too! Snap Shot, Gunner, Stressbot on Ezra is BOMB AF. Low seems like a really good way to stymie your opponent, but you can make it worse - With Selflessness, his ability, Magva Yarro, and Rey, if they don't shoot Low, he makes the others hard AF to kill. If they do shoot him, he is hard enough to kill, and gets killer offense mods. Meanwhile, Norra can crush out the damage with Expertise, R2-D2, and 3PO if you want to tank or Maul if you want to hit even harder