Sign in to follow this  
hitpointhero

What other ships should be buffed?

Since the X-wing is getting a buff through Saws renegades should some other ships get a buff eventually? I mean what about the TIE Fighter? This is a game about Star Wars and one of the most iconic ships in all of Star Wars is the TIE Fighter so I think that it would be cool to see some TIE Fighters and X-wings going at it again. 

What ships do you all think need some buffs?

Not too many Scum small ships that do well atm.

Starvipers- would be great if they had higher pilot skill.

Kihraxz- probably need a better mod thats cheap perhaps a Kihraxz specific mod that gives boost but has conditions while being cheaper than engine upgrade.

Scyk- not sure what to change to make them more often used.

G1A- Its a scum B- wing without weapon upgrade slots so either mobility, price, upgrade slots, or a combination.

Hwk-290 needs a title that gives a discount on the ship or a discount on a turret considering you NEED to pay for a turret.

Rebels also has a few ships that would be cool to see again.

Hwk-290 would benefit from the same buff as scum

A-Wing- a beautiful ship that needs to become cheaper than the new x-wing or gain firepower 3

B-Wing needs a fix, im not sure what.

As for imperial.....Anything that doesnt have a shield should probably be looked at.

Imperial probably needs the most ships to get fixed.

All my opinion, take it with a grain of salt...a pound of salt...

Edited by DakkaDakka12

I'd say these are the biggest contenders right now in order:

1A) B-Wing
1B) G-1A
2) E-Wing (minus Corran)
3) YT-2400 (minus Dash)
4) Tie Punisher
5) Tie Phantom (though they'd have to tread super carefully here, it would be easy to turn into an OP monster again)
6) Firespray
7) Aggressor
8 ) Tie Interceptor
Honorable Mention: Hwk (only if TLT gets nerfed)

The B-Wing & G-1A are just bad right now.  The E-Wing, YT-2400, Tie Punisher, Firespray and Aggressor are all outclassed by ships with similar stats and/or pricing (Tie Silencer for E-Wing, Jumpmaster for YT-2400, Gunboat and maybe Tie Bomber for Tie Punisher, Lancer for Firespray and Aggressor).  The Tie Phantom and Interceptor are in a tricky spot in that if they have lower PS then the enemy ships they can get wrecked, but if they are higher they can do the wrecking instead.  It's tough to fix them without making the aces too OP.

The order isn't lucked in stone, but overall those 8 are the only ones I feel need a bump up right now, some more than others.  I know some other ships are thrown around for needing "buffs", but IMO they are fine for the moment, plus many of them have gotten at least one fix already.  Maybe they aren't "top" ships, but they're not horrible at least.

Edited by markcsoul

This is why nerf threads are so prevalent. The list of ships wanting a buff is so huge :D

In my own small collection- TIE Fighter, Firespray, Phantom, Punisher, maaaybe the Upsilon... That's basically half my stuff... I don't think I own anything in need of a nerf...

Many of the earlier ships that need a helping hand. The big one for me is the E-Wing. I’ve been pining for an E-Wing fix since Imp Vets was announced. 

I will also mention the HWK, less from a “of it needs a gameplay buff” standpoint and more from a “you messed up its design, fix it” standpoint.

B-Wing: they were outclassed by IA X-Wings before this latest X-Wing buff. If only one ship could get a buff, I'd want it to be the B-Wing.

A-Wing: too expensive for too little firepower. It has the early wave problem of high PS being too expensive; the Green Squadron pilots are still decent.

Lambda Shuttle: the dial sucks and the TIE Reaper can now fill its niche. Named pilots are too expensive.

TIE Interceptor: turrets ruined this guy. Soontir can still be powerful, so a buff needs to be careful.

Y-Wing & Z-95: I'd just like some more pilots for these ships. I think they're decent enough to see play, even if they're outclassed in tournament play. The Y-Wing has 0 good named pilots, and the Z-95 only has N'Dru.

After Integrated Astromeh dropped, the Xwing PS2 was considered roughtly on par with the Bwing PS2, particularly turning the classic efficency-build BBBBZ into BBXXZ. Then came Flight Assist astromech, giving the Xwing a clear advantage.  Now Cave Zealot PS1s and renagade refit have effectively cut 3 points off any Xwing you'd care about (cheapest generic, EPT equipped pilots, though Tarn and Biggs only get 2 points off) and flappy Sfoils have increased their maneuverability by a ton.

I wrote out a couple Bwing fixes after Flight Assist dropped, but part of it was controversal because it used the "one attack per round" limitation to justify a massive discount to multiple secondary weapons. You save like 12 points buying 2 cannons (not linked battery, you can buy it but dont get a discount) and 2 plasma torps (again, you can buy extra munitions or seismic tops, but you dont get a discount), but despite your wide, cheap options, 3/4 of them do nothing on any given round because you're using the 4th one instead. (also it locks out guidance chips)

Now that the Xwing has effectively a 3 point discount, even that "loaded for bear" fix isnt going to be enough, but bringing the BSP down to 19 points, along with it, might work. Probably throw in something for the Bwing aces too.

iwcwr6G.jpgvfGljUy.jpg

10 minutes ago, hitpointhero said:

Very creative but maybe it should cost a squad point or two. 

I designed it during the hype of the Jumpmaster Era, maybe now that they have been neutered for the most part. The Jumpmaster is still relatively similar to the YT-2400 with no title. The YT-2400 jumps in with the Wild Space Fringer (PS 2) at 30 points while the Jumpmaster's Contracted Scout (PS3) is at 25. They are very similar ships.

But yes 2 points may be right especially with some of the combos.

Edited by Jadotch

You could just say all of them...

Once you buff these, some will need to be nerfed because that's what happens.  Then, of course the others who where buffed in the last update will need to buffed again because the last buff will push ships with the previous buff out of the meta.

Oh gee, I long of the days where my fix could really fix the last fix that broke the fix before that.

31 minutes ago, Ken at Sunrise said:

You could just say all of them...

Once you buff these, some will need to be nerfed because that's what happens.  Then, of course the others who where buffed in the last update will need to buffed again because the last buff will push ships with the previous buff out of the meta.

Oh gee, I long of the days where my fix could really fix the last fix that broke the fix before that.

I don't need every ship to be great, but every ship should be good at a specific role, even if it is a niche role.