Sign in to follow this  
Albertese

Advise Me On What to do with the Models I Have

Okay, so I actually have a whole bunch of this stuff, but I loathe the idea of playing with unpainted troops.

Will. Not. Do. It. 

So, all I currently have done are 28 Stormtroopers and Darth Vader. Speederbikes and AT-ST are yet to be done, but honestly I'm getting burnt out on painting Imperial Troopers for now and I want to take a break and actually play. 

So, what can I do with 28 Stormtroopers and Darth Vader? I'm sure if I load them up with all the fixin's I can get enough points to have a real game to play, but, strategically, any advice?  

Darth vader

force reflexes

saber throw

batttle meditaion

4x 5 man stormtrooper with impact or concussion grenades

And 4 dl19 trooper ( one per stormtrooper squad )

Um, re-evaluate why you refuse to play unpainted?  

We actually did a warhammer league back in the day where painting was done two weeks behind.

I had a gaunt that survived literally every game for that two week period and when it came time to paint him up I made him suitably awesome as a result.

I mean, I personally have never understood the whole “paint or death” thing but I respect the choice and am not knocking it in any way, just another perspective. 

@Zackwalk thanks for the advice. Hopefully I'll get to play this Friday. 

@Darkfine My strict no unpainted figures stance is the result of my painting/basing process. I complete the figure and the base separately and then pin them together. You see, really, I consider myself a model building enthusiast first and a gamer second. This way, even when I eventually stop playing the game (an inevitable fate) I'll still have models I can be happy with. I played 40k years ago and did base all those figures before painting, but I like the results I get now better. 

6 hours ago, Albertese said:

@Zackwalk thanks for the advice. Hopefully I'll get to play this Friday. 

@Darkfine My strict no unpainted figures stance is the result of my painting/basing process. I complete the figure and the base separately and then pin them together. You see, really, I consider myself a model building enthusiast first and a gamer second. This way, even when I eventually stop playing the game (an inevitable fate) I'll still have models I can be happy with. I played 40k years ago and did base all those figures before painting, but I like the results I get now better. 

So do I actually!  When playing unpainted I simply glue the very edge of a model to its base so I can pop it right off when it comes time to put brush to mini.