Sign in to follow this  
Yipe

[CC] Tabling a Fleet and Scarred Units

I'm seeking clarification on what destroys units for the purposes of scarring them in campaign play.

With the new tabling rules, are flotillas that remain on the board after a player loses all of their other ships scarred or are they simply counted as destroyed for points to determine the winner of the battle?  The same question applies to squadrons.  I believe they do count as scarred as the only way I know that units can be destroyed but not scarred is by jumping them to hyperspace (e.g. a ship that flies off the board is scarred), but I haven't found anything concrete.

I've checked the rulebook and the tournament regs but I'm still unclear.  The rulebook also seems to disagree with the tournament regs on when a game ends.  The rulebook states the match ends immediately when all the ships in a player's fleet are destroyed (and are flotillas still counted as ships for this regard?), whereas the tourney regs state the game stops at the end of the round.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 hour ago, Yipe said:

I'm seeking clarification on what destroys units for the purposes of scarring them in campaign play.

With the new tabling rules, are flotillas that remain on the board after a player loses all of their other ships scarred or are they simply counted as destroyed for points to determine the winner of the battle?  The same question applies to squadrons.  I believe they do count as scarred as the only way I know that units can be destroyed but not scarred is by jumping them to hyperspace (e.g. a ship that flies off the board is scarred), but I haven't found anything concrete.

I've checked the rulebook and the tournament regs but I'm still unclear.  The rulebook also seems to disagree with the tournament regs on when a game ends.  The rulebook states the match ends immediately when all the ships in a player's fleet are destroyed (and are flotillas still counted as ships for this regard?), whereas the tourney regs state the game stops at the end of the round.

Thanks in advance for your help.

The tabling while Flotillas are on the table does not inherently apply to the Corellian conflict.

as they are TOURNAMENT regulations , and the Corellian conflict is not a tournament under OP regulations, unless explicitly stated.

This is one of the reasons as to why the FAQ is no longer the “Tournament FAQ”, as it contains Corellian conflict responses.

STANDARD Corellian Confluct rules have the game end immediately when all ships are destroyed — Flotillas included, not at end of round.

Modifying that to incorporate other regulations from the tournament regs would - and should - require discussion and agreement before the campaign starts amongst players.

In effect, except in places of game breaking common sense requirements (something inherently applicable to the Conflirt Campaign) - DO NOT REFERENCE THE TOURNAMENT REGULATIONS. ??

Edited by Drasnighta

5 minutes ago, Yipe said:

So you are suggesting the rule about flotillas not counting as part of a fleet for the purposes of tabling should be ignored for the Corellian Conflict?

It’s not a “rule”.

Its a tournament regulation.

its an important distinction.

it was SPECIFICALLY placed in that document, rather than rules errata, so it would NOT apply to Conflict games. 

Edited by Drasnighta
**** me and my double negatives ?

Understood.  Thank you for the clarification. 

A related follow-up question:  If all ships (including flotillas) in a fleet are destroyed, then any squadrons remaining on the board would also be destroyed and scarred, correct?

3 minutes ago, Yipe said:

A related follow-up question:  If all ships (including flotillas) in a fleet are destroyed, then any squadrons remaining on the board would also be destroyed and scarred, correct?

If the squadrons weren't destroyed DURING the battle, then they don't become scarred. If all ships are destroyed, the squadrons only count as destroyed for the purposes of scoring

1 minute ago, Yipe said:

Check the FAQ.

if ships hyperspace out and leave squadrons behind (mechanically the same) they count as destroyed for scoring, but are not scarred.

So I would contend the same applies - unless they are mechanically destroyed rather than abandoned, they are not scarred.

Since, as stated above, CC is campaign rather than a tournament, it is helpful to think about the situation logically.

Flotillas and fighters don't magically explode when the last capital ship is destroyed. They bug out and abandon the battle.

...then they get chased by the First Order until they run out of gas and slow down because momentum doesn't exist in space, but I digress...