Stinger07

Big FFG Announcement This Week?

1 minute ago, WookieHairdresser said:

Think they'll announce the next wave tomorrow? 

They may possibly show of both the models for the expansions we already know about and show us what arrives with the SOLO wave that we all know is coming.

I work in the cinema biz and the Solo hype is all keyed to start up properly this week now that Disney got Avengers out the door - we don't even have Solo tickets on sale yet and we'd have had TFA/TLJ on sale for a month or more by now.

I think FFG are probably being lined up to a Disney marketing surge and it'll mainly be Solo-related.  Solo Destiny expansion, Solo Imperial Assault, and yes probably the Solo Falcon as the Scum entry in wave 14, arriving in stores sooner than anybody expects.

I'm also hoping we would get the word that this upcoming wave will have 2 more expansions: Scum Falcon and Heavy-TIE Fighter.

I hope we hear word of the future of the last expansions for SW:Rebels, I think they still have a few options:

Red Sq. Y-wing  and Green Sq. X-wing

Hondo's Last Chance (Scum Shuttle)

Mining Guild TIE

TIE Defender Elite

Gauntlet Fighter 

Hammerhead Corvette

Dornean Gunship

I would be darndang-happy if FFG gave us news about the Resistance A-wing and Transport (Heck! they could throw em both in a big box expansion together!)

For BIG news? A new core set or Squad Builder App would be big.

Edited by dewbie420
Edit: my potty mouth

19 minutes ago, Jiron said:

Edit: maybe they will announce loss of Star Wars rights :-)

Lol that would be quite the announcement :lol:

“Welcome everyone to our first ever annual hyperspace report! Unfortunately it will also be our last ever annual hyperspace report...”

Edited by Herowannabe
Typo

6 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

Lol that would be quite the announcement :lol:

“Welcome everyone to our first ever annual hyperspace report! Unfortunately it will also be our last ever annual hyperspace report...”

Pretty sure at least we're safe from that one, they know well in advance when these kind of deals are going away. See the poor WH40k Conquest LCG, it was nearly a year with nothing going to the playtesters before the loss of the 40k license became official news. They wouldn't have spent time and money developing Legion if they were losing the Star Wars license any time soon.

Official Squad Builder App which is free but has a "Tournament Tier" paywall which FFG will update with point reductions and modified upgrade bars for ships, avoiding them having to reprint anything. Errated cards will be on their too as well as instant access to a "live" FAQ. 

You will also be able to print out your tournament list. 

It will be a mandatory for all FFG Organised Play events to have your squad list printed out or available for inspection via the app and updated to the most current version.

This will be the start of a new X wing tournament scene, hence the "big announcement" making this World Tournament the last on this system. 

9 minutes ago, Viktus106 said:

Official Squad Builder App which is free but has a "Tournament Tier" paywall which FFG will update with point reductions and modified upgrade bars for ships, avoiding them having to reprint anything. Errated cards will be on their too as well as instant access to a "live" FAQ. 

It will be a mandatory for all FFG Organised Play events to have your squad list printed out or available for inspection via the app and updated to the most current version.

This will be the start of a new X wing tournament scene, hence the "big announcement" making this World Tournament the last on this system. 

I would like this a lot.

I'm talking like a small up front fee. Like any normal app. You can download the free one which updates and has all the missions, upgrades and ship cards but if you want the FAQ / Errata / Tournament one you need to purchase the "Organised Play" version which is 0.99p or something like that. 

The "organised play" version will have pilots with adjusted point costs and abilities. All the reference cards corrected and the upgrades a ship can take added/removed accordingly.

All the updates will be listed as a "Season". So you will have Tournament Track Season 2019 v 1 to start and that will be the entry level. Then as and when FFG need to adjust the power curve of something, a free update rolls out, "Tournament Track Season 2019 v1.2" for example. 

When signing up to a tournament, it will be a mandatory requirement to have at LEAST the version the tournament has quoted. If another rolls out in between the time the tournament was announced and takes place, you will only use the version dictated, unless the TO feel there is sufficient time for players to adjust. 

Products will be "tournament legal" from the version they are implemented. I.e If they are on the app, they are legal. 

You will still need to physically bring the ships, cards and components to play a game however, using the app as a substitute is not acceptable. It is for clarifications only and your list should be printed out via the app for quick reference. 

I mean, if you REALLY wanted to go paywall, you could introduce a unique ID number into every blister which you would need to scan via the app / camera to unlock its contents for list building. 

57 minutes ago, Viktus106 said:

I'm talking like a small up front fee. Like any normal app. You can download the free one which updates and has all the missions, upgrades and ship cards but if you want the FAQ / Errata / Tournament one you need to purchase the "Organised Play" version which is 0.99p or something like that. 

The "organised play" version will have pilots with adjusted point costs and abilities. All the reference cards corrected and the upgrades a ship can take added/removed accordingly.

All the updates will be listed as a "Season". So you will have Tournament Track Season 2019 v 1 to start and that will be the entry level. Then as and when FFG need to adjust the power curve of something, a free update rolls out, "Tournament Track Season 2019 v1.2" for example. 

When signing up to a tournament, it will be a mandatory requirement to have at LEAST the version the tournament has quoted. If another rolls out in between the time the tournament was announced and takes place, you will only use the version dictated, unless the TO feel there is sufficient time for players to adjust. 

Products will be "tournament legal" from the version they are implemented. I.e If they are on the app, they are legal. 

You will still need to physically bring the ships, cards and components to play a game however, using the app as a substitute is not acceptable. It is for clarifications only and your list should be printed out via the app for quick reference. 

I mean, if you REALLY wanted to go paywall, you could introduce a unique ID number into every blister which you would need to scan via the app / camera to unlock its contents for list building. 

WHy paywall it at all?

2 hours ago, Viktus106 said:

I would actually be all for this. As long as the cost of the paywall was one time and something like a buck or two.

How much is their dice app? 

20 hours ago, Indy_com said:

They may possibly show of both the models for the expansions we already know about and show us what arrives with the SOLO wave that we all know is coming.

I’ve already seen those models in the flesh (the ones we know about) at Adepticon. That wouldn’t be a big reveal.

Now, the Solo merchandise absolutely will be a huge deal.