Jman444

Hyperspace Report Predictions?

5 hours ago, Patteous said:

I thought they changed it to 7pm central.

Website still says 12. I hope it’s not 7. That means it’s 12am here in the UK. Where can we check to find out?

For Legion

I say third faction : Criminal Syndicates 

I would love Jaba or Prince X as commanders. I could see skiffs, melee warriors, Boba Fett ! It could be a really cool style to it. 

They could really get crazy and Introduce Republic vs Separatists too. While not my favorite era I could see a ton of fun there too. 

Rumor is the Imp Commandos are from Solo which is why no peek yet. 

Maps, maybe official terrain (although the hobby community is already in full swing), Allies (the can fill the role of a squad leader with perks but not as powerful as a commander. I'm thinking Chewbacca, Admiral Piet, Nib Numb, Lando, R2-D2, Boba Fett, Lobot, Etc. )

I would LOVE for them to announce another faction or set of factions! Star Wars has a boatload of other content they could add and if we go by Runewars, the first big announcement after release was a new faction. They could even just announce plans on what factions they will add. I would be happy if they just make a blanket statement such as "Hey guys, we're going to add the CIS and the GAR. when? who knows, bjut we're doing it"

Other than that I want to see Scout Troopers as a unit and definitely see Krennic and his death troopers. Maybe new vehicles for both sides? TIE Crawler maybe? AT-DP? Maybe see the Emperor and the royal guard? Not really sure what else comes to mind.

For non specifics I would like to see stationary guns such as the turrets on Hoth or the E-Web. 

3 hours ago, Orkimedes said:

I think it’s great that it is different from 40k.  It offers a totally different experience.

I play both, and I love them for different reasons.  40k has the scale, unit variety, and (unfortunately) much prettier and more customizable minis.  Legion has a much greater focus on squad level tactical elements (like suppression and cover), a really nice activation system, and a much lower painting/monetary commitment.  They are both good for what they are.

Unfortunately I was looking for a Star Wars war game, with... legions of dudes.  I mean, still a good game and all.

1 minute ago, Darkfine said:

Unfortunately I was looking for a Star Wars war game, with... legions of dudes.  I mean, still a good game and all.

Yeah, I mean, the name does come from "A legion of your best troops..." hahah.

Seriously though, I think if some magical game combined the diversity and model quality from 40k with the scale and ruleset of Legion, that would be a game of games.

16 minutes ago, Orkimedes said:

Yeah, I mean, the name does come from "A legion of your best troops..." hahah.

Seriously though, I think if some magical game combined the diversity and model quality from 40k with the scale and ruleset of Legion, that would be a game of games.

Legion has totally replaced any 40k interest or playtime with me. Granted I was never that huge (or even small) into 40k.. but that's where some of my friends preferred gaming, although I am still very big into GW's fantasy side with Age of Sigmar. But to scratch my space-itch, Star Wars is my much preferred setting as the Grim Dark is just uninteresting to me. GW makes some of the best models as a whole (but God I dislike those hideous mech styles!) but, in comparison, I think FFG is on the right track. The difference is that GW wants to sell models and provides a game system to help with that. FFG sells a game system and is providing models to immerse that setting. That alone is one reason GW's rules are very unbalanced and in some regards.. seem like an afterthought. 

I think that Legion has a lot of room to grow and 800 point games will not be the final standard size. With a rule set already for grand scale games at 1600 points, it may become the preferred way to play.. especially once we get several more expansions so we can see an array of different lists at events. If the games preferred are larger as a community, I'm certain that FFG would at least consider raising the 800 cap. The question is.. once we play games regularly at larger points, will the game length still be within scope of tournament/event/ or even game night timeframe that would be acceptable?

58 minutes ago, Lord Cedric said:

Legion has totally replaced any 40k interest or playtime with me. Granted I was never that huge (or even small) into 40k.. but that's where some of my friends preferred gaming, although I am still very big into GW's fantasy side with Age of Sigmar. But to scratch my space-itch, Star Wars is my much preferred setting as the Grim Dark is just uninteresting to me. GW makes some of the best models as a whole (but God I dislike those hideous mech styles!) but, in comparison, I think FFG is on the right track. The difference is that GW wants to sell models and provides a game system to help with that. FFG sells a game system and is providing models to immerse that setting. That alone is one reason GW's rules are very unbalanced and in some regards.. seem like an afterthought. 

I think that Legion has a lot of room to grow and 800 point games will not be the final standard size. With a rule set already for grand scale games at 1600 points, it may become the preferred way to play.. especially once we get several more expansions so we can see an array of different lists at events. If the games preferred are larger as a community, I'm certain that FFG would at least consider raising the 800 cap. The question is.. once we play games regularly at larger points, will the game length still be within scope of tournament/event/ or even game night timeframe that would be acceptable?

I didn’t mean to turn this into a Legion vs 40k thread.  I do think they each have a place.  In defense of 40k, I will say it’s pretty difficult to balance a game with 400+ units, but they definitely have been trying with 8th edition.

As interesting as it would be to see some kind of third faction in Legion, I think they will stick with the two for the foreseeable future.  They seem to be really focusing on the core conflict of Empire vs. Rebels in episodes 4-6.

I think we will definitely see whatever the Empire counterpart to Han/Commandos is tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Orkimedes said:

I didn’t mean to turn this into a Legion vs 40k thread.  I do think they each have a place.  In defense of 40k, I will say it’s pretty difficult to balance a game with 400+ units, but they definitely have been trying with 8th edition.

As interesting as it would be to see some kind of third faction in Legion, I think they will stick with the two for the foreseeable future.  They seem to be really focusing on the core conflict of Empire vs. Rebels in episodes 4-6.

I think we will definitely see whatever the Empire counterpart to Han/Commandos is tomorrow.

Since I've gotten better at painting my Legion stuff, 40K has become more and more appealing to me. But one game at a time hahaha

I would agree that Legion does feel more of a "large skirmish" game than a war-game. I just think with the way they are pricing the points for the units, 800 just feels too low with not enough units (especially when using Vader) on the board. but I get that it is the "standard" though- they didnt want each game taking 3 to 4 hours when running them in a tournament setting.

I really think we'll see higher point games be what is preferred. Especially once more is available, people will want to use more of what they have, myself included. They've already designed it to fit pretty high point values with the limitations for how many commanders you can have, how many corps, etc.  I think 1000 points on a 6x4 table would be the sweet spot for me, room to space out the terrain and deployment zones, the ability to utilize the limits of several unit types but without it taking too much longer than an 800 pt game.

3 hours ago, Jman444 said:

Since I've gotten better at painting my Legion stuff, 40K has become more and more appealing to me. But one game at a time hahaha

I would agree that Legion does feel more of a "large skirmish" game than a war-game. I just think with the way they are pricing the points for the units, 800 just feels too low with not enough units (especially when using Vader) on the board. but I get that it is the "standard" though- they didnt want each game taking 3 to 4 hours when running them in a tournament setting.

I really think we'll see higher point games be what is preferred. Especially once more is available, people will want to use more of what they have, myself included. They've already designed it to fit pretty high point values with the limitations for how many commanders you can have, how many corps, etc.  I think 1000 points on a 6x4 table would be the sweet spot for me, room to space out the terrain and deployment zones, the ability to utilize the limits of several unit types but without it taking too much longer than an 800 pt game.

Yep and absolutely nothing stopping people from going 1000 points at all(or more).

Can picture some epic battles....

8 hours ago, VAYASAN said:

Yep and absolutely nothing stopping people from going 1000 points at all(or more).

Can picture some epic battles....

I have played a 1600 point game with 4 players and it was a real grind for the last 2-3 rounds. It wasn't really the extra players that added the time, since we all alternated and people had time to think through their next activation. I don't think the unit size supports too much larger of a standard points format. Especially at 6x3. I can't see them changing to a 6x4 since they already have mats out and would have to revise the objective and deployment cards.

5 minutes ago, Gorthaur25 said:

I have played a 1600 point game with 4 players and it was a real grind for the last 2-3 rounds. It wasn't really the extra players that added the time, since we all alternated and people had time to think through their next activation. I don't think the unit size supports too much larger of a standard points format. Especially at 6x3. I can't see them changing to a 6x4 since they already have mats out and would have to revise the objective and deployment cards.

Yeah, I think since the game revolves around alternating activations - which is an excellent mechanic - it’s going to start getting rather unwieldy past 800 points.

I think that’s a good thing, though.  I’d rather have a game where the impact of each unit is higher and the decisions you make with them are more important.  More units just adds more dice and waters down the impact of each decision.

For legion at a guess.

Finishing ff this wave, so Imperial Spec Op and third commander. 

Some talk of development and behind the scenes stuff. 

A preview or glimpse at upcoming stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Undeadguy said:

Nothing.

Umm.... Does anyone know if there will be more presentations/ panels? It said 12-1 on the article so Im guessing it is actually over?

1 minute ago, Jman444 said:

Umm.... Does anyone know if there will be more presentations/ panels? It said 12-1 on the article so Im guessing it is actually over?

This was the only one. The next few days is tournaments all day, so I doubt there will be another presentation like this. 

1 minute ago, Undeadguy said:

This was the only one. The next few days is tournaments all day, so I doubt there will be another presentation like this. 

Huh.... well I guess we just have to keep waiting then haha ?

4 minutes ago, Undeadguy said:

That's not entirely true. On the streaming schedule:

Wednesday, May 2nd: 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM New Products Showcase—Info, Demos, and Staff Challenges

Of course that might be all Xwing 2.0, but you never know.